Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.3

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I bought an 8 oz tub of this stuff off amazon for like $15 cause i had gift credit there. It's pretty cheap (i've read you can find it even cheaper in a store).

It gets 3 sticks from me because it provides a pretty good (and yes, surprisingly velvety) finish; it's mattifying without being drying and it doesn't look cakey or make my shallow acne scars stand out (some powders seem to). It makes my makeup last longer and less prone to being wiped off by my hair or clothes etc.

There can be a slight cast immediately after you apply, but it eventually turns slightly glowy on me. I actually liked it.

Unfortunately, this stuff clogs my pores and causes some itchiness every time i use it (maybe it's the talc?). Even so, I still would've given it 4 sticks (I figure i'm just sensitive) if not for the fact that the formula of this stuff seems pretty outdated. If you're one of those people who likes to avoid parabens, this powder isn't for you.

Oh also, a little goes a long way so you don't need a lot. Even if i ended up using it every day, buying an 8oz tub of it was MAJOR overkill on my part.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Best setting powder ever. I used NYX and ELF setting powders prior to this-the main ingredient in those is silica which works well. The first ingredient in neutral set is talc so I wasn't sure how this would compare but It actually wears better because it stops my face from sweating/getting too oily and breaking down the makeup. I don't get cracks or fine lines at the end of the day and my makeup looks better for longer.

Bought a big jar of this off amazon for a good price. It doesn't take much-just a light dust over the face, I focus more on the T-zone and places I get oily, then I follow up with setting spray. I would wait and apply your mascara AFTER you put this powder on-otherwise I had issues with it getting in my mascara before it completely dried it making it looking powdery.

I love this product, just as I love all Ben Bye powders! Please keep in mind this product is intended to set cream makeup. Not BB/cc cream/etc. These products contain a lot more skin care ingredients than what a traditional foundation contains, so you can't expect it to preform the same. It is a pro brand and used appropriately it works fantastic. Another consideration is application technique. If you struggle with the packaging, put it into an old loose powder container that you like. Always tap your brush/puff off, and your brush(s) needs to be super clean every time you use it. It is made to absorb oil, so you will get cake otherwise. The value of this powder is amazing.

on 7/9/2014 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this powder for oil control. It is no better or worse than any powder I have tried. I will continue to look for my HG powder for my oily T-zone. Mac blot powder is nice for a touch up powder, but not for a setting powder.

on 5/6/2014 2:07:00 PM

I'm so glad I got this powder, it's amazing !! I bought this, the luxury powder in buff and translucent powder in fair and I love them all. If you suffer from an oily t-zone like me then try this little tip... After letting moisturiser sink in, I shake a little neutral set powder on a big powder brush (either Liz Earle large powder brush or Real Techniques powder brush) and buff into my nose, chin and forehead. Then I apply Bourjois CC cream (another amazing find by the way), touch up with concealer if necessary but I find using the neutral set powder as a primer really helps with the coverage of my base, then I powder with either the luxury powder or the translucent powder, quite heavily in fact as they never seem to look overdone no matter how much I apply, then my usual bronzer (if I decide to) and blush. I then take a teeny tiny amount of neutral set on a sheer finish powder brush by Bobbi Brown and lightly dust my nose and chin again and honestly my skin is matt but glowy and pores are airbrushed into oblivion with no white cast. This keeps my nose and chin shine free for about a good five hours and really stops any separation of my base around the creases of my nose. I have an obsession with face powder, especially loose powder and I have tried so many, Chanel was my No 1 until I tried Ben Nye powders and I have to say I'm thrilled. I ordered the 49 gram shaker jar of this for only 4 (30 grams of Chanel loose powder cost me 32) and I plan on purchasing the 226 gram size jar of neutral set, the luxury powder in buff and the fair translucent powder as soon as possible, they're that good. The neutral set powder contains an ingredient to help with perspiration. Even this wee size will last me ages and is good for travelling as it's not bulky. I just wish I'd tried these sooner and will never be without. I personally like the packaging as I just shake the powder into another loose powder lid when applying. All Ben Nye powders are talc based but that doesn't worry me in the slightest. Amazing powders especially for the price and I love the subtle talcum powder smell. It's worth trying anyway, the worst that can happen is you lose a few quid, (you can always pass it on to someone else) and I've personally wasted much more trying products that don't hold a candle to this. Big thumbs up from me :)

on 4/29/2014 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Edit: i am heartbroken this breaks me out like crazy. As soon as i put this on, my face starts stinging and by end of day, i feel painful pimples developing. I am not downgrading it because it works wonders if you are not allergic to it. I have the other colors and they work fine on my T-zone so there must be one ingredient in the translucent that does not agree with me. I guess i'll have to go back to my expensive mac prep+prime.

Works very well: controls oil and adds no color. But if you have dry skin be careful. Will cause dry spots on dry areas. I only use this On my T-Zone because i am very dry on my cheeks and jaw line. If you have oily skin, you will LOVE the ben nye translucent powders.

on 3/5/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This powder is serious stuff and when it works, my face stays matte all day. That being said, I've had it look fantastic and I've had it cake up. I've had it look flawless and natural, and I've also managed to look like my face was made of powder particles. It's been rather hit or miss and I suspect it has a lot to do with product interaction, how much is applied, and how long I've waited for my foundation to really dry down before applying. Although it might sound strange, I've found that properly moisturizing my face prior to application helped a lot. When it works, it really works, but it's been such a struggle to get it to work that I usually opt for my more reliable option, the Catrice Prime and Fine mattifying loose powder. I also found this to be more successful for me in the summer than in the winter, because you know, this powder comes in a massive bottle, so I've tried it in all seasons, and I'll probably have enough to last me the rest of my life.

Despite sounding on the fence about it, if you really struggle with oil control, this is worth trying. It's not going to break the bank, and as us oily gals know, we'll try anything to tame our faces. It can work. It does work. It just takes some experimentation to get there.

on 4/2/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I can honestly say that this is not a miracle product, I had to reapply this after a couple of hours . I have combination skin, my skin is not very oily. I bought it, used a couple of times and stopped using it after reading that it has parabens. I will not re-buy or use this powder. Parabens are not good for our health..

on 10/18/2012 8:17:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love love love the Neutral Set powder! It works well at setting makeup, and the price is right. I saved an old powder compact, so I shake a little powder into it and brush all over my face once I'm done with my makeup. I will continue to buy this over and over.

on 6/6/2012 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this based on the great reviews after I seen pretty cheap on a website. I tried it on half my face...my sampled side had an instant airbrush like quality but still looked natural. There was no trace of white and didn't affect the color my other makeup at all. For those claiming it does they must be heavy handed? I worked out pretty intense at home for half hour and ran to the mirror and reviewers were right, this STUFF IS INCREDIBLE. My makeup was still on and while I was pretty red, my makeup looked ten times better than the other half of my face without the setting powder. I'm pretty excited to own this product:)