Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder
Neutral Set translucent powderNeutral Set translucent powderMy lovely Ben Nye PowdersNeutral Set translucent powder

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i have EXTREMELY oily skin and this only lasts on my skin for like an hour or two so that's sad :( but it feels good on my skin and it diffuses light and blurs imperfections and makes my skin look 10x better. it doesnt cake up no matter how much i put on. would definitely repurchase as a touch up powder. still looking for that supremely mattifying powder for my oily skin though. for people who are normal - oily, this would definitely work for you

on 7/4/2014 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had very high hopes for this powder, since it is made for theater and contains an anti-presperant! As gross as it sounds, I get sweaty very fast in warm weather, so makeup that just controls oil was never enough for me.

As a powder, the Neutral Set works like any other loose powder. It does get messy, and because the big 8 ounce jar doesn't have a shaker or some form of packaging to control the product being dispensed, it gets messy. However, it blends well into my skin and doesn't show up as white or cakey. Sadly, I don't think it actually controls sweat as it claims to. As I always say, maybe I'm just overly oily and sweaty, but overall, I was disappointed by the product. It still works nicely as a translucent powder when I want a light finish that doesn't look cakey, but the fact that I still get oily and sweaty was just a bummer.

on 2/8/2014 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Sorry to be one of the only few nay-sayers to this wonderful product, but I've had FAR better results using the cheapest drugstore powder I could find, versus using this stuff to set my BB cream. No matter how I applied this powder (using blotting sheets before applying the powder, using a powder puff to apply the powder, using a powder brush to apply the powder, using a stippling brush to apply the powder, tapping off the excess, which I always do anyways, before applying, etc.), I absolutely could not stop this powder from caking HORRIBLY on me. I had to go and wash my face every time I set my make-up with this stuff because the caking was just THAT bad. Also, although I could blend out this powder onto my wrist and have it disappear completely, it very obviously lightened my BB cream by about a shade whenever I applied it onto my face (probably because I tried not to buff it too much into my face as not to displace my BB cream).

I'm so torn over this product; I've never seen a single review saying that this powder (or any other Ben Nye powder for that matter) was the least bit cakey, and I truly believe this because I've watched plenty of demos on YouTube where the people who applied this stuff had the most flawless finishes! I don't know why, but it just cakes so, so, so terribly on me. I got the Ben Nye neutral set powder from eBay from a reputable seller (spotlight_21), so I doubt authenticity is an issue here. Also, the oil control is no different from any other powder I've ever used; I still oiled up considerably by the two-hour mark. The packaging is also quite awful and messy... I really wish I hadn't spent $16 on the massive 8 oz. jar. :(

Despite how awful this stuff looks on me, I wouldn't exactly recommend NOT buying it... And I say this because I seem to be only one of an extreme minority who ends up with a really cakey finish every time I set my BB cream with this powder. For the other 99% of people who use this, this powder sets their make-up really beautifully and so, I can't exactly say not to get it... But I will recommend those who are still interested in this powder to first get a sample of this stuff that comes in a sifter jar. Not only do you have a mess-free way of testing out this powder via the sifter jar, but you also won't regret buying this stuff if you end up not liking this powder like I didn't.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other

I've had this in the 49g pot, have had it for just under a year and have barely made a dent. It goes on beautifully and doesn't alter your make up colour at all. Makes everything stay put throughout the day and is oh so very cheap.

As a theatre kid, I swear by Ben Nye. I even use it as my everyday makeup, instead of just for when I'm on stage. That being said, this powder is a gift from The Lord himself, it's not to heavy, it mattes me out like nobodies business, and it pales down my foundation juuuuust the right amount so that it blends into my albino white girl skin. The packaging could use a bit of work, but all in all it's a staple in my kit at all times.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS. Best powder ever, its like the dupe for mac prep and prime translucent powder, its super cheap and i use this everyday, i love how it doesn't make me look ghostly or pale no matter how much u apply,keeps my face matte except my T zone, but still love it, it is SO SHEER and DOES NOT ADD ANY COVERAGE AT ALL which i love so much because i hate how powders add coverage to your face especially the colored ones like regular face powders, this is so inexpensive and i'm already on my second bottle of this! and i love how the packaging is a shake bottle so you can dispense out as much as you need and the thing about this powder that is great is you can apply a lot and it will never look cakey at all, its basically what it says, translucent powder, i'm already on my second bottle of this and i love it so much! got mine off makeupmania.com !

on 10/3/2012 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is by far the best powder ever! Sets my concealer /or foundation like a dream. The powder is soo fine milled that no matter how much you reapply it throughout the day it will still look matte without looking cakey. Ladies the hunt for the perfect setting powder is done. This is the holy grail for me and many others :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Very inexpensive, I bought this on ebay for less than 15 dollars. And it lasttt soooo long. Since it doesnt come in a jar, I use my empty cream jar and fill it up with it for later touch ups during the day. It is extremely mattyfying and not obvious at all. I have very tanned skin and it doesnt leave any white cast at all. Pure HG material here.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

So I finally found this on ebay, I apply this with a kabuki brush after applying concealer and foundation. I usually lke the dewy finish that my foundationgives me but on those days that I want to look professional, this definitely keeps my face matte. The giant jar lasts forever and is practically free due to the low price. I sent one for my mother and she loved it soo much. Will continue to purchase it if it runs out, but it would probably last me a year and a half.

on 11/3/2008 11:58:00 PM

i got this stuff today in the mail
its great!!
the price is sooo cheap!!