AVEDA Sun Source [DISCONTINUED]

AVEDA Sun Source [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 4/10/2010 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've re-purchased this product several times. It's the best self-tanner I've ever used. I don't think it's too orange or too intense, so it's great that way. And I'm pretty pale. Smells alright and it works the way self-tanner should work. If you really want a self-tanner, this is worth splurging on. The cheap ones seem to always leave streaks no matter what you do.

FYI, I was just informed that this product is discontinued....So disappointed :(

on 2/18/2008 5:03:00 PM

I love the silky smooth texture of this product, it is easy to blend and dries very quickly. It does not smell like self tan, has a plesant herby smell and does not feel greasy.

Unfortunately the colour is very yellow on me and doesn't look at all natural. I will not re-purchase.

on 1/24/2008 1:27:00 PM

Doesn't do a thing for me. I bought it from an Aveda salon based on the reviews here... I don't like the smell, and worst of all NO COLOR APPEARS on my face when I use it! I tried layering, etc... nuthing. Big waste of money for me, sadly.

on 11/21/2007 10:32:00 AM

The best selftanner I've tried. No bad smell and no streaks! Amazing product. Dries quckly and very easy to use.

on 11/9/2007 8:27:00 PM

The best self-tanner i've tried! no funny smell, no streaks, turns out a natural tan color instead of orange and develops in 2hrs.

on 8/5/2007 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Nice golden color
No "burnt sugar" smell
Nice slip, goes on evenly
Even tho it's Aveda, which usually equates with a nasty overpowering smell in all of it's products, this does not have much of a fragrance. Like this color best of all - no orange, not too brown, just a golden tan color. Very believable! I got it at a spa for 15% off, so figured it was a good buy. Will def buy it again.

on 7/18/2007 4:08:00 PM

I love this self tanner. I recently started using it again. First off, I have had 2 bottles in my cabinet for atleast 5 years now from when I used to work at an Aveda salon.
You would never be able to tell it was that old because it works just like brand new. The reason why I stopped using it awhile back was because of the smell it left after a few hours. I decided to try it again but this time using it along with a scented body lotion. For face I guess you could just mix it with your regular face cream, but I have yet to use it on my face like this. Anyway, It works beautifully and does not leave a scent, just the scent of the lotion I mix it with. I also do not worry about streaks because mixing it helps it go on smooth and even.. love it love it love it!

on 4/5/2007 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

ok, mainly i got this b/c people said it didn't have the super foul smelling DHA smell to it. which is true, the smell is not bad at all....and this coming from someone who absolutely hates ST smell. it is there, but faint. i also use this on my face, neck and chest and haven't had any noticiable breakouts. i do get them from time to time, so sometimes it's hard to pin down what is doing it exactly, but i do not think this has done anything bad. the color is very slight however....so if you are a bit darker to begin with you may not see a dramatic change. which is ok with me, i'm pretty fair and don't want to look scary fake. oh and i don't see any orangey-ness either. since it is about $16.50 i mostly use it on my face/neck/chest area and something a little cheaper all over. but to not smell that horrible DHA smell, i'd pay it again! *UPADTE* well the other day i was in the car and pulled down the visor mirror and was shocked to see my neck/throat was this weird yellow color, while nothing else was. i have no idea how so much of the ST got concentrated in this area. i am thinking no ST will actually work for me.

on 6/11/2006 11:21:00 AM

I started using Sun Source about 5 years ago. I am on my 3rd tube. It's the most natural ST on the market. I have acne prone skin, and I do not break out from using this product. It does have a slight smell after a few hours, but not as bad as other brands I have tried. You don't get any orange hues from this one, great product!

on 6/11/2006 10:17:00 AM

Gives a very natural tanned color. Doesn't smell bad at first, but I agree that the second day I start to smell that fake tan on myself. Not bad with streaks, esp. when I exfoliate first. The cost is a bit more than drug store, but the tube lasts me forever, and the color is still good. Overall, it's a great color (most important) -- and I am pretty pale -- and it looks real. Also good for maintaining end of summer color.