AVEDA Sun Source [DISCONTINUED]

AVEDA Sun Source [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

on 4/10/2010 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've re-purchased this product several times. It's the best self-tanner I've ever used. I don't think it's too orange or too intense, so it's great that way. And I'm pretty pale. Smells alright and it works the way self-tanner should work. If you really want a self-tanner, this is worth splurging on. The cheap ones seem to always leave streaks no matter what you do.

FYI, I was just informed that this product is discontinued....So disappointed :(

on 11/9/2007 8:27:00 PM

The best self-tanner i've tried! no funny smell, no streaks, turns out a natural tan color instead of orange and develops in 2hrs.

on 12/27/2005 2:36:00 PM

The search for a ST that doesn't clog my pores has been difficult, but I am pretty happy with the results I get from Aveda Sun Source. I've been using this ST for 3-4 months now, and it hasn't caused a breakout yet (I have combination skin). The color i get from it, however, is a very light tan and takes a couple of applications to really "glow"--I use it 3-4 times a week to maintain a light tan. Its basically the same color you get from Jergen's Natural Glow in Medium, but I wouldn't use Jergen's on my face. The tan is nice, not streaky or orange and definitely helps the winter blahs. Since I really only use it on my face, the tube has lasted forever and I think the price is worth it (around $16). I'll definitely be repurchasing.

on 5/2/2004 10:54:00 AM

I have been using this product for at least six years. It's my HG face tanner. I always apply this lotion at night for maximum results. The thicker you apply it, the better the color. Be careful not to get this product on your hair, especially if you color your hair- it will remove color over time!

on 4/22/2003 12:58:00 AM

A mite pricey at 22.50CDN, but considering that the drugstore tanners were just under $20, I decided to give this a go. The thing I love the most about this tanner is that it doesn't smell at all going on (Neutrogena's is gag city), though after it dries, there's a slight tanner scent. One coat is all I need, to give my FFF skin a nice golden glow. Doesn't go on streaky at all, fades evenly, over the course of three days. It gives a nice glow to the face when cut with moisturizer (about one part to three). Five lipsticks!