Wet 'n' Wild Eyeliner

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

What the everloving h*#$ has happened to my beloved Wet 'n' Wild eyeliner? Their darkest brown (currently called Simma Brown Now) used to be my absolute favorite everyday liner. But the last 4-5 pencils I've bought (and from different retailers) have been awful. They don't apply smoothly, they smudge no matter how much powder I set them with, and most irritating of all, they break constantly and break as you are resharpening. I know it's not my sharpener, because I've tried several, and this only happens with the WnW pencils.

I'd give this current formulation 0 lippies if I could, ugh.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a very good pencil eyeliner, especially for the price. For around $.99 you get a nice long pencil with good color payoff and good staying power. I got the color 610A Of Quartz which is a very nice purple shade. I use it to line the bottom lash line when I do purple shadow. But, it does have the tenancy to break or for it too pill up when I use it. It is not so bad that it makes it unusable, but it does set me back when I do my makeup routine when I have to go back and try to get off the balled up product on my lash line. According to some of the other reviewers reviews this may be just due to a bad batch. So, I'll repurchase and see if the next is any better. I will probably buy other colors as well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

As for the pencil eyeliner I'm in lurve w In The Buff. I clean up my brows & sharpen my wings w it, line my lips & waterline with it. It's HG! I keep 1 in my purse always. These pencils are like 7" long wooden pencils I also like the black, white, 2 browns, & taupe. They are all in constant rotation for me. I also like the wnw H2OProof liquid liner in Ultra Black & the electric purple & the white Mega liquid liners too but when i use liquid eyeliner I prefer waterproof. I noticed that there is no Navy pencil nor liquid which is a glaring omission of selection I really have had a hard time finding decent cheap navy eyeliner other than LA Colors. (Which their navy automatic pencils suck!) & LA Colors grafixx liquid navy eyeliner is good if ur looking but I'm an eyelinerophiole I can't be without my eyeliners & these are good workhorse every day eyeliners. Now that these have been reformulated they are much softer & a worthwhile purchase esp In The Buff & baby got black dupes for MAC chromagraph pencil & MAC Smolder Black pencils I'm in the habit of saving my $$ MU (don't ask me why I guess hoarding lol). These are awesome!!!!!!

on 4/10/2015 2:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

C'mon, you know you own at least one of these! You can get them from Walgreens for 99 cents each. Heck, I bought three for 2 dollars on sale today! They've got enough colors in matte and glimmer to satisfy any color junkie and if you lose it, who cares? Buy another. These are not for a winged tip or HD effect. They are for the smokey, smudged look - no precision line here. I have my arsenal of gel liners and marker liners for that. However, if you want an everyday nice pop of color, DON'T buy a pencil eyeliner for more than this - you are wasting your money unless you got one for free in your Estee Lauder gift set. Oh, they last most of the day when the weather is pleasant, but tend to melt on hot days, but what pencil liner doesn't? The lipsticks aren't bad either, but that is for another review!

on 7/10/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

This is the worst eyeliner I've ever tried. I'm pretty sure I hated this 10 years ago and this new formula is no better. I doesn't apply smoothly and once it's on, it smudges everywhere and isn't easy to fix up. Yes, it's only 99 cents but it was still a waste since it's completely unwearable for me.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE wet and wild eyeliner! Its so cheap and stays on then whole day without primer and i have oily eyelids. I use the black one and ive ran out of many bottles and i will definitely recommend it.

on 10/30/2013 4:28:00 PM

I keep giving these a chance and have even tried different colors, but no more! They don't sharpen well, and hurt to apply. The pencil lids go on too far and smash the sharpened point (if you can get one to sharpen well enough) or they crack. The amount of product you get for the price was so tempting, but I'm through with these.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A year ago I would have rated these a 1 or 2. I gave it a chance again on repurchasing just to see if it's true about batch differences. It is. My new Charcoal applies smoothly and barely smudges (i mean zero except in wline)-- perfect for the top lid especially. My old one didn't. I have tried the brown and taupe one recommended for brows and found they performed poorly.

on 1/10/2014 11:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I picked two of these up from Rite Aid for 99 cents, which I believe is the normal price. They are very long eyeliner pencils that must be sharpened. I like that the color lasts a long time and doesn't completely wear off of the waterline - something I had yet to experience before these. I like my 652 Dark Brown better than my 656A White because unfortunately these are very hard pencils, and the only place I will put white eyeliner is on my lower waterline and it is irritating to swipe it back and forth to get the color (and it's still not as vibrant as I would like). The Dark Brown is more useful for me not only because I can put it on my upper lashline and waterline but also because it just has better pigmentation.
Both have a certain smell that I associate with my "play" makeup from my childhood, but it's not bad, and it doesn't linger. It's kind of a crayon scent.
I may purchase a brown, black, or other dark color, but I won't be getting another white or other light color. The hunt for an inexpensive plain white eyeliner to put on my lower waterline continues!

I really like these! I'm big on colored eyeliner, so I have eleven of them in all of the shades available at Rite-Aid. They are very pigmented and stay on the lash line fairly easily. They sharpen well and last forever- I still have the very first one I bought a year ago, the dark brown that I use ~3 days a week. They aren't very shimmery or anything, but they are colorful!

The only thing is that the quality is very INCONSISTENT. Someof the pencils are great- they sharpen easily, make a definite line, are very pigmented, etc etc. Every once in a while I'll get a horrible one where the tip breaks off, it won't sharpen, wears off the crease (I do a lot of winged eyeliner). I've had to buy three dark blue ones, two blacks, two olives, etc. So if you do buy one and it breaks off a lot, consider buying a second, because there's a chance it'll be sufficient.

Overall, it's great if you're like me and want eleven decent eyeliners without paying four hundred dollars. But you will end up paying twenty because some of them just suck.