Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, parfum

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This should be an essential for everyone because it can be used for so many different things! I use it after having a bath or shower to soak up any excess dampness (ideal if you're in a hurry) and it leaves my skin feeling like a dream, sooo soft and velvety! It soaks up moisture really quickly and is so refreshing. I also like to use it on hot days when I tend to get a little bit more sweaty, it soaks up unwanted dampness straight away and it helps to keep you dryer for longer. It is great for getting rid of odor, particularly in footwear, it helps to keep your shoes fresh and free of bacteria - and your feet soft!

I am an oily skin type but I've never tried it for blotting or mattifying, I will have to give it a try! My main use for it is dry shampoo - it works better than most ones I've tried such as Batiste. It soaks up the oils instantly and leaves your hair looking like its just been washed and with added volume - its a savior some mornings and makes the hair more manageable! Just watch out for staticness and a white cast on the hair,be sure to brush it through well.

The only downside to it is that it can get messy if you're not careful and it can end up everywhere, it can also be difficult to get rid of if you get it on dark clothes - you will need to use water to remove it. However, I love the scent of this stuff and a bottle of this lasts me a good few months if not longer. Plus its cheap, which is a bonus!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is an absolute must for me! Works well, is cheap, and keeps me from chaffing when I am wearing tight jeans.

on 4/8/2016 1:41:00 AM

Love this for dry shampoo and makeup setting and body powder too

on 3/25/2016 12:05:00 AM

I have this in the Lavender and Chamomile scent...I love it...my bedroom carpet is always covered in it because I pour it all over my self after every bath/shower. Prevents sweating, chafing, rashes...most importantly I use this to prevent razor rash on my bikini area after shaving! Took me years to discover this...used to always get itchy rashes after shaving-not anymore! Never tried baby powder on my face before-I think I prefer my actual face powders but to each his/her own. A huge bottle of this only costs a few bucks and lasts about 100 years so good deal no matter how you use it...

Holy Grail of all powders.😊

pros:
best for oil absorption
cheap
mattifies face
best for long flights

cons:
none

on 3/2/2016 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I use Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder before waxing to absorb any amount of oiliness and sometimes after body scrub and lotion because I like the velvety feel of it. It's cheap and effective but a bit messy and can leave white marks on darker fabrics.
Will repurchase though.
Also I have used it a few times as a face powder and gives a soft focus luminous finish that's not overly matte or flat at all. I'd use it more often as such if I didn't have so many face powder backups.

I decided to try this for baking my makeup after realising that most of my face powders I used for baking contained talc anyway and can I just say, this is my new HG powder for baking. It doesn't create flashbacks and it also slides right off (some powders tend to stick to my skin when I bake, thus creating a very cakey and uneven finish to my makeup). Not to mention that talcum powder can also be used for so many things (dry shampoo, deo, etc etc). The price is also so good for a product so big. For all those who are worried about the risk that talcum powder can cause cancer, it wont, all talcum powders sold in stores around most of the world are cosmetic grade (including baby powder!!) and will not cause any cancers unless you (apparently) inhale it or shove it up your hoo-ha every day for 60 years. Although its still suggested that you shouldnt breathe in a tonne while you do your makeup.

on 2/15/2016 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Perfect if you are sweaty like me and aren't keen to just keep spraying your deo all day long. This lasts fairly long, prevents chafing and sweat, and also is great for setting makeup.

My only gripe is the packaging which I guess reduces the accidental spread of it but can sometimes be hard to work with.

on 2/15/2016 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I can't seem to remember why I started using this as setting powder, but it's the only thing I have been using for over 3 years.
I have the travel sized bottle, and I have been using the same one for over three years!

It's non-irritating for my skin, and does the trick without ever giving me a white cast. It never makes my skin look dry, and I can use it under my eyes to set concealer without worrying about it making my under eyes look crusty.

I just shake out a small amount on my hands, dip my brush, and sweep it wherever I want to powder. I have a very oily t-zone, but the baby powder doesn't seem to care. It keeps my oils in control and helps my makeup stay in place.

It's non-irritating and SO cheap, so I won't be switching to other powders for a while (maybe forever). I would definitely repurchase once I run out :)

Hope this was helpful

on 2/14/2016 10:13:00 AM

Ive been using this powder since im in primary school! I love this product! and i'm still using it (im in college now) and super affordable and gentle to my skin! Im using this for my face! :D