Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, parfum

on 9/27/2017 3:53:00 PM

I have to say that I am one oily MOFO... it's actually embarrassingly so, but that's a whole other story. I have tried using baby powder (original, the Cornstarch one does nothing for me, in fact it actually makes my oily skin worse) under my liquid foundation as per a recommended tip by Wayne Goss, and while I did notice that my face looked almost satin like while using doing this tip, it didnt control the oil nor keep the makeup on my face too much longer than usual. So i was disappointed and was contemplating breaking down and going broke, biting the bullet and just buying the ELDW foundation again (even though it has many flaws). But hey, at least it wouldn't budge!

HOWEVER, I was just watching Youtube and came across a review by a lady saying that she sprinkles a loose powder into her foundation, and that helps to keep it matte, stay on longer and also give a better coverage. I am not sure how adding a translucent powder gives more coverage, but my ignorant guess would be that it makes the foundation go on thicker, and therefore higher coverage. Anyways, having nothing else to lose but my patience with foundations, I tried her method.

I applied my foundation onto my palette (lid top of a Bath and Body Works candle lol) and sprinkled a bit of this baby powder into it, swirled it around and stippled onto my face as per usual. To seal it in, I used my fluff puff with some more baby powder, and SWEET MARY AND JOSEPH what in the fluck is this?! my foundation, my RUNNY ASS foundation, that literally patches, and comes off within a few fours, as well as my oily slick skin - was matte and fresh looking ALL DAY (8 hour work day). I did start to get oily on my nose around 12:00 but that in itself is a miracle. Usually after an hour there is shine on my nose (a, I lucky, or am I lucky, right?) I blotted, and then had to blot again around 3.30 p.m. BUT my foundation was still in tact and not nearly as patchy as usual (only a slight bit, but barely noticeable).

I cant stop looking at my face, because this never ever ever happens. I am always trying new hacks and they unfortunately all fail me, but this one, my goodness... i have been in such a good mood today because my makeup has stayed put!

To anyone frustrated beyond belief with their oily skin, pls try this method.

I bought it to use it as a setting powder and I'm not going to lie... I really really liked it. Although, if you don't like the smell then you'd better not use it because the smell stays for a while.

on 3/17/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nope. Never again. Talc can cause certain types of cancer (Ovarian, etc.).
Ain't nobody got time for dat!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Great for so many things, obviously. Good for powdering up if you sweat a lot, to keep things cool and comfy. This is also great to use as a 'dry shampoo'. I just sprinkle some between the palms of my hands, rub my palms together, and massage this into my scalp, then I use a large paddle brush to distribute this evenly. Works great and imho is much more economical than a traditional aerosol dry shampoo. Obviously if your hair is dark, this might leave a white cast, so you may need to massage this in more than a blonde or dark blonde. But works in a pinch for sure! I do not have babies, but we always have a bottle of this in our bathroom cabinet.**Must be the one with cornstarch, the one with cornstarch works for my uses. The one without cornstarch does nothing for me.**

on 3/6/2017 2:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this specifically to use as a setting powder. My dehydrated combination skin has been funky lately, it's dry but still produces oil, not excessively, but enough to break down my foundation if I'm not careful. All my other powders have been too drying. I got this because I wanted to try out the RCMA, and this is basically the exact same thing, but with an annoying fragrance, but waay cheaper. Plus I don't have order it online and then wait for it, I can easily accessible at any convenience store. They even have the same useless cumbersome packaging. I had to purchase a separate powder jar with a sifter and put a bit of it in.
My experience so far, it performs exactly as how people describe what the RCMA does. It doesn't offer much in the way of oil control, it mattifies initially, but if you're oily, after a while the oil will come through. That doesn't really matter because it completely LOCKS the makeup in place, like cement. Even if the oil comes through, it doesn't affect the foundation. The powder keeps my foundations from oxidising throughout the day, doesn't accentuate bad skin texture and prevents foundation breakdown. It works so well as a setting powder that I have noticed that when I blot throughout the day, my foundation hardly transfer, at all. And that's just what I wanted. A not too drying powder that doesn't leave my skin scaly with criss crossed crow's feet marks all over. I still use another oil controling powder on top, but only where I need it. My base stay intact all day, I still blot, but only once or twice, out of habit rather than necessity. I have used this on myself and others on a couple photo ops and it looks fantastic on camera, gives the skin a flawless even look, doesn't flash back. This matters a lot to me because I abhor a white cast, I avoid in my sunscreen, I avoid it in my foundations, the same goes for my powders. It can be used to buffed liberally all over the face (with a soft fluffy brush) and doesn't dry out my skin, even the skin under my eyes, which are the most prone to drying.
I bought the smallest jar, the 50 grams one, for less than a buck. It comes with so much product at such a great price. I don't care if it spills or flies everywhere, if I lost it I'd just go to the corner store and grab another. As for the cancer scare, eh. Talc itself has been proven again and again to not cause cancer, it's the asbestos mixed in in low quality talc, and I hardly think they would allow it in stuff we use to powder our future generation's many a baby's bum. The only risk you get from inhaling this powder is probably choking on its horrendous smell. I don't smell it after I apply it on my face, but that baby powder smell that hits me whenever I open the jar can be a bit much, so I keep it away from my face.
With all that pros and only a few easily countered cons, needless to say I highly recommend it. It's not a magical, all in one powder, but it does have its uses and is a very affordable, dependable workhorse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i rate it 5 out of 5 because its very cheap yet very effective product.
i really loved this product because since i was a baby until now i still used it. it is very cheap and it is a very help ful product
why helpful?
* I used this product in my back when its very hot and it gives me a very comfortable and cooling feels.
* I used this in my face and neck to avoid oiliness
* I used this before and after waxing/shaving to avoid skin irritation
* I used this as setting powder and for baking and it gives me a satisfying finish
* I pour this powder in my feet after getting wet in the beach to avoid sands in between my feet

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This should be an essential for everyone because it can be used for so many different things! I use it after having a bath or shower to soak up any excess dampness (ideal if you're in a hurry) and it leaves my skin feeling like a dream, sooo soft and velvety! It soaks up moisture really quickly and is so refreshing. I also like to use it on hot days when I tend to get a little bit more sweaty, it soaks up unwanted dampness straight away and it helps to keep you dryer for longer. It is great for getting rid of odor, particularly in footwear, it helps to keep your shoes fresh and free of bacteria - and your feet soft!

I am an oily skin type but I've never tried it for blotting or mattifying, I will have to give it a try! My main use for it is dry shampoo - it works better than most ones I've tried such as Batiste. It soaks up the oils instantly and leaves your hair looking like its just been washed and with added volume - its a savior some mornings and makes the hair more manageable! Just watch out for staticness and a white cast on the hair,be sure to brush it through well.

The only downside to it is that it can get messy if you're not careful and it can end up everywhere, it can also be difficult to get rid of if you get it on dark clothes - you will need to use water to remove it. However, I love the scent of this stuff and a bottle of this lasts me a good few months if not longer. Plus its cheap, which is a bonus!

on 3/25/2016 12:05:00 AM

I have this in the Lavender and Chamomile scent...I love it...my bedroom carpet is always covered in it because I pour it all over my self after every bath/shower. Prevents sweating, chafing, rashes...most importantly I use this to prevent razor rash on my bikini area after shaving! Took me years to discover this...used to always get itchy rashes after shaving-not anymore! Never tried baby powder on my face before-I think I prefer my actual face powders but to each his/her own. A huge bottle of this only costs a few bucks and lasts about 100 years so good deal no matter how you use it...

on 4/8/2016 1:41:00 AM

Love this for dry shampoo and makeup setting and body powder too

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This is an absolute must for me! Works well, is cheap, and keeps me from chaffing when I am wearing tight jeans.