L'Oreal Paris Microliner in Silver Lining

No Image

4.3

Nice product! I have this color (Silver Lining) to use under my eyes in conjunction with black on the top, or instead of black on those days when i want a softer, more natural look. It's a perfect dark-silvery-charcoal-grey color. Note: it's silver as in undertone, not silver as in metallic. This is not a metallic or frosty pencil at all. I love the natural look it gives and the precision control it allows. And it comes with a cute little sharpener that, if you remove the small black round edge part that makes it just the right size for your Microliner, it will work for your other pencils, too. Both the Microliner and its sharpener are perfect for taking with you in your bag for quick touch-ups. I agree with the people who have said that it provides the precision of a liquid, but it is not a substitute for a liquid-- it's still a pencil, and if you want that harshly-bold liquid line look, use liquid, but if you want the finest precision available in a classic soft pencil look, this is the product to have. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this product. It is really nice. The only problem is it is hard to get the point thin when you sharpen it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I like this. I have the brown one too. I like that I can get very close to the lashline with this and draw a nice line. it works for me when I'm in a hurry and don't want to take time to smudge. I paired this with the new Voluminous Full Definition mascara as was told today my eyes looked really good.

on 10/7/2003 12:38:00 PM

I love this pencil - gets right down in there between my lashes. I hate an obvious line on the bottom lid and this does a perfect shadow definition. I like to dull it a little after sharpening. Also, when sharpening, it is always best to hold the pencil and rotate the sharpener - always prevents breaking.

This is the product I've always been looking for. I have it in Silver but it actually looks black!Such a thin point just enough to outline my eyes. I know you guys said it smudges. I haven't had a problem with that really, but maybe I will when the weather is humid. I'm just a clutz in sharpening this things that I will probably constantly be buying this on the regular.

on 1/20/2003 7:30:00 PM

I should preface this with the fact that I'm a liquid liner girl and very rarely ever wear pencil liners. However, this one caught my eye because it is extra fine -- about half the size (in width) of regular pencil liners. This is an initial review which I'll update when I have tried this more. I got the color Silver Lining, however it is not silver at all, but is a charcoal gray color. It also comes in black, mocha, plum, and perhaps another color or two. The application was very easy and smooth, and I was able to easily apply a nice fine line. I need to test run it for wear. :-) It comes with a little micro sharpener. It actually took me a little while to figure this out, making me feel stupid, but if you need to empty the sharpener, the round thing (where the pencil goes in) comes off the front so the plastic top can come off.