no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

One fragrance that strikes me as so much better hours after the application. For instance, I sprayed myself one night before going to bed and thought: a nice fresh herbal fragrance with a character. Then what a surprise the following morning upon waking up in an olfactory symphony of cleanness and freshness, almost an incarnation of Serge Lutens' anti-fragrance concept. And, I am not one to bow down to generic fresh fruity floral-ness because it's branded with an fashionable image or some such. Eau Illuminée is so aptly named and is a keeper for me.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

3.0

9 years ago

Notes: tonka bean, woodsy notes, lavender, vanilla, basil and bergamot.   This fragrance opens with a melange of citrus, fruit and flower notes. The fruits and florals are sweet and creamy to which the citruses provide a welcome tart contrast. As a base for this delicious melange I see a barely detectable herbal note. This note becomes more prominent, once the top notes have all burned off. Roughly after an hour I see it very clearly: smokey lavender with a sweetish iris-like gloss. Very pleasant to wear, this scent is best-suited for balmy spring days. Although its starts strong and sweet, the fragrance loses strength rather fast. Lasts for roughly 6 hours on my skin.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

10 years ago

I am not such a huge fan of citrusy/fresh scents but this one kept me interested enough to finish the sample and to consider getting a full buttle. This is a very refreshing and vitalizing scent which brings one to attention. Unlike many acqua citrus scents on the market which are very linear and lacking of character, Eau Illumine has depth and the lasting power is great. The smell of fresh herbs, lavender and vanilla were the most pronounced notes for me and very welcoming on a hot stuffy summers day.

About reviewer (546 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0
from

11 years ago

EDP 11.40am Opens with a tart herbal citrus. Lavender peeks its head out within minutes as it softens. Not my cup of tea so far. Definitely a masculine aftershave thing going on here. But not the kind of aftershave I'd want my husband to wear, too soapy clean, no sexiness. I'm waiting for the tonka/orris drydown... OK about an hour later this has morphed into a divine soft but clean lavender tempered with tonka and orris. Its BEAUTIFUL. Still unsure if I'd buy a FB, but definitely worth the wait for the drydown. Not a sexy scent at all. Its a totally 'clean' scent to me and Im usually not a fan at all but this is lovely. There's something in here that is reminding me of something, I HAVE NO IDEA what, but it's very comforting, and I can't say Ive ever truly been comforted by a scent before!

About reviewer (314 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

12 years ago

In one word...this Delrae spells "refreshing'.. It makes you pucker up with it's zingy-tangy bergamot & herbal citrus openingt that just energizes upon first spritz! It's citrus characteristics make it super refreshing but unlike most citrus note scents that disappear quickly, Eau Illumine lasts and lasts... and lasts. Upon spritzing on a hot night.. I woke the next morning smelling wonderfully fresh.. so much so that it was energizing! Not even Annick Goutal's Eau de Sud can do that. If Eau de Sud left you wanting more... try Eau Illumine. Notes are: Bergamot, basil, French lavender, wild aromatic herbs, vanilla, tonka bean, and orris. Reminds me a tad of AG Nuits d'Hadrien, but more zesty and longer lasting. I adore it... and would love a bottle for the summer.

About reviewer (635 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

EyesBrown

1.0

12 years ago

Sorely disappointed. This is the 4th and last of the DelRae perfumes I have tried and I guess I set the bar too high. I really like the other 3 but this one smells like a cleaning product or a car freshener on me. I am sorry I cannot be more original in my description but those are honestly the first 2 things that came to my mind when I wore this. I smell lemon and maybe a hint of lavender but it all feels very synthetic. The perfume itself is pricey so I have no doubt they used quality ingredients. But somehow it all translates to nothing more than a dangling leaf from the rear view mirror.

About reviewer (122 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

12 years ago

Love this one for summer. My perfect skin scent, all about melting into my own skin's smell. This one is sparkling (citrus and bright lavender) for 10 minutes or so then the melting begins. Herbs (mostly lavender) with vanilla and a kind of salty amber stay for hours and hours. This is great for work.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium

12 years ago

This is such am expensive perfume ($125 a bottle) that I knew it would have to be amazingly good for me to recommend it. This is a warm yet refreshing fragrance. It is well made, starting out with citrus scents and then developing into lavender with hints of amber and light vanilla. I really detect the citrus and lavender through out the top and middle notes and at the end mostly amber with a little lavender and vanilla. This perfume reminds me of an ultra soft cashmere blanket wrapped around me on a stormy day at the Oregon beach eating an orange as I watch the waves come in.It's like a little cocoon of warmth, softness and airiness at once. Perhaps when I have more $ to spend I will purchase a full botle rather than just sample. The bottle itself is one of the most beautiful I have seen. Modern, simple clean lines with a warm gold and glass top and cap.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily

EyesGreen

13 years ago

Wow, I don't get masculine or even unisex from this! My first whiff of this perfume and my daughter and I both immediately said it smelled like "me". Reminds me perhaps a little of Chanel no.19 but only a little. Top notes are green and fresh and dries down to a lovely soft floral that lingers for hours. Absolutely lovely!

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

13 years ago

Eau Illuminee is cleanly, cheerfully unisex, so I can understand why women who prefer overtly feminine fragrances might deem it too manly to wear in public. Personally, I love it. The bergamot is zingy, the lavender and herbs stay smooth and interesting throughout, and the vanilla gives it just a touch of sweetness. Very underrated.

About reviewer (355 reviews)

Age