MAC Cyber

3.9

on 5/16/2016 7:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This was my first MAC lipstick and i was super excited because they were all over youtube. I was quite disappointed though. To me buying a MAC lipstick was a splurge especially back then i didn't have lot of money. It applies fine with a lip liner underneath but by itself it is very patchy and i am not to keen on the formula in general it seems like it could easily slide everywhere even with lip liner. But that is of course personal preference i hadn't tried their lipsticks before so i wouldn't know if i would like their satin formulas or not. On the plus side it feels very moisturizing on the lips.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm a huge fan of dark, but not black, lipsticks--Revlon Black Cherry is a longtime favorite of mine. But I was in the market for a purple lipstick after being sorely disappointed by Ruby Kisses' Purple Affair. Since I love MAC and intended on going to the MAC store the next day, I looked through literally all the colors on the website. I was kind of like "OK, I'll get Smoked Purple." I saw Cyber and looked up reviews, it looked much too red.
When I went to the store, Cyber looked much more cool-toned and darker, more purplish than it did online. It looks more accurate in the photos here on Makeup Alley than it does online--it just doesn't translate well.
It is super creamy, so a lip liner is important. I don't feel like shelling out all the money for a MAC liner, so a clear lip liner is great. It lasts through eating and drinking. It's pricy, but I recommend it!

To Read all 85 Reviews, Login or Join

I was obsessed with this lipstick, I got my make up done by a friend who is a make up artist and she used this product on me. I went and purchased it at MAC it's a very out there colour not for the faint hearted. A rich dark colour, I used this with a plum lipgloss I have over the top suits it well.

on 10/31/2015 8:34:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I like this a lot, it's so versatile! I like layering this to make ombre effect with other vampy shades that arent so dark and I also think it looks nice on its own tho I'm NC10-15 so it makes me look even paler but doesn't bother me. The consistency is nice, it applies easily but needs a couple layers to be fully opaque. Doesn't last long on the lips on its own so gotta be careful when wearing this but otherwise a great lipstick for fall and winter.

on 10/28/2015 12:28:00 PM

One of my favorites for this season. Combine it with the cyber lip liner and it is a winner for sure.

on 9/12/2015 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I would buy this color again because I like it, (if I found a better dupe, I'd switch over) and it applies smoothly on me, but let's be honest...it fades like crazy and you don't even have to do anything.

I have pigmented lips, but my bottom lip is lighter. It fades on my bottom lip starting from the middle and if I don't catch it in time, it can leave my top lip full of color and my bottom lip with a ring around it.

It definitely makes me anxious hoping my lips still look normal, so I gotta give it 3 since the staying power isn't there

on 7/21/2015 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I feel like I was very disappointed with this product. I had heard so many good things about MAC lipsticks, and when I bought this I was very excited because it was just the colour I had been looking for since.. Always!

But when I put it on it looked patchy and weird and the colour wouldn't stick to my lips at all and it was just really bad in general. I feel like it took many many layers for the colour to even show up and on top of that it was really hard to maneuver around. Basically I felt like I got the colour on everything but my lips.

I have heard so much good and only little bad about MAC lipsticks, so I'm thinking I may have just gotten a bad one or something, so I would probably purchase a different colour in the future.

On the bright side, this lipstick smells amazing! :)

I tried using it with and without a lip primer as well as with and without lip liner and the result was the same.

on 6/23/2015 7:19:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

This was my first mac lipstick ever. I absolutely adore it!! The color is a very unique black plum shade. I always get a lot of weird looks when i wear this but it doesn't bother me at all. Im a NW10 so it definitely does make me look even more pale than i already am. BUT the only thing i don't like is how it applies, patchy and the Color is uneven but you definitely can make it work

on 5/21/2015 7:52:00 AM

Soooo disappointed!
This lipstick has the most amazing color IN THE BULLET.
It's a dark purple-black color with no red in it. It looked so vampy and perfect for winter time. BUT! No pigmentation. Yoi have to do 3 layers to obtain some coverage, or it will look gray on your lips, making you look dead. Not a good look.
Also wher you layer it, your lips will not be all the same colour : you will have darker parts and lighter ones. Color not even.
Will not repurchase. Not recommended.
Two lippies instead of one because i still use it is a unique color to me

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was a bit scared when I first saw this at the Mac counter, I passed it up several times to go with a more sensible lip color. But one day, I bit the bullet, and I picked this up along with the Cyber lipliner. It is a fascinating deep red/purple/black color and it stands out among my other shades. This is your saturday night dressed in all black color. Dark and Radiant, perhaps goth-chic. I recommend, exfoliating and priming your lips before putting on this shade as it amplifies cracks in your lips. It is a bold choice, that is for sure: but a great one!