Cover Girl Clean (formerly Simply) Powder Foundation

Cover Girl Clean (formerly Simply) Powder Foundation

3.9

Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Dextrin, Calcium Silicate, Nylon 12, Zinc Stearate, Quaternium 15, Lecithin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Propylparaben, Methicone, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Methylparaben, Lauroyl Lysine, Glyceryl Rosinate, Iron Oxides, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, May Contain:, Ultramarines

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is not foundation. It is very dry with no coverage. This is more of a finishing powde than a foundation. It's fine for that, but not as a base.

on 3/3/2017 9:25:00 PM

This irritated my Rosacea.

In my opinion, as someone who has used Lancôme and Urban Decay powder foundations, this Cover Girl product is equally as good, if not better. It goes on smooth, is fragrance free, covers pigmentation and blemishes very well. I am very impressed. Looked in the mirror 3 hours after application at work and my skin looked great. The product seemed to blend into the skin as the day progressed, never creasing or looking unnatural. The only gripe I have with this and EVERY single CG product is the lack of shades for people with yellow undertones and darker complected people. Come on Cover Girl! I use Classic Ivory in this product and I'm Neutrale II in Lancôme, W2 in L'Oréal True Match. The Classic Ivory works perfectly for me. I'm so glad I found this!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my holy grail foundation. I LOVE it. I have sensitive dry skin, and still have occasional breakouts. This powder foundation has gorgeous color choices ( I wear ivory 510) that are cool toned and natural. It goes on like silk, wears all day without fading and stays put. I have been wearing it for over 10 years, and if they discontinue it I will be devastated. To find a foundation this beautiful in a drugstore at $7.00 is a gift from God. I HIGHLY recommend it!

on 11/30/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been using this product for a couple months now and and i couldn't be happier with my purchase... It goes on buttery smooth. doesn't settle into my fine lines and does a pretty good job of covering the redness in my face. This product doesn't cake up or appear chalky and best of all it does not aggravate my extremely sensitive skin .Also it has a matte finish and gives a soft airbrushed look. Its good for oily skin too and I don't have to reapply too often. I have a light/medium, cool skin tone (NW25) and I chose this powder in the Natural ivory 515 shade..It was a good match..I didn't notice any oxidation with the color shade I chose.. If you are looking for a great pressed powder foundation at a very reasonable price, try this one. You won't regret it.

Update
Cover Girl repackaged this product and now calls it Cover Girl Clean Powder Foundation. Its still sold in the black mirrored compact.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It's cheap. The packaging is nice. My problem is the orange oxidized glow it gives me a few hours after applying. At first glance "Ivory" looks perfect for my cool toned fair skin but a few hours after applying this powder...I'm an orange oxidized mess.

It's so bad, I had a male in my family mention my face and body were two different colors when I had decided to wear this to a family BBQ.

Yes, it's cheap. Yes, the formula is pretty good, very light-weight and doesn't look cakey.

Not much coverage, if that's what you're looking for. I'm a oily girl and this is also pretty average for oil control as well.

But not worth the orange face.

4-09-16 Okay...SO THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL. This is longer lasting than any supposed "LONG LASTING" foundation i have ever worn and it stays matte and doesn't look dry and emphasize pores like ALL long lasting foundations. I'm just amazed.I look so much better! Like i have beautiful skin!I wore it for an entire day and it stayed put. my face didnt turn oily and I didnt find it oxidized too much. I didnt even re apply until I got home and i put quite a bit on to see if it "caked" up. It didnt and the second appliation helped the color return back to probably a tiny bit lighter shade that I had started with in the morning. I'm in SHOCK at how good this is. I'm throwing away the powders that I had been using lately...physicians formula. This is THAT GOOD. Not cakey, minimized my pores I did use a suggestion and put a very light dusting over my tinted moisturizer and then used the sponge it came with to apply all over. I have NEVER used the sponges becuase they end up enhancing my pores too much and look dry and heavy but NOT WITH THIS! I wrote to cover girl and begged them never to stop making this and to update their outdated colors so EVERYONE could wear this!. WILL NEVER WEAR ANYTHING ELSE EVER AGAIN I cant say how this would look over foundation but over a tinted moiisturizer that you let set in, its MAGIC! DAMN MAGIC
HOLY GRAIL STATUS! I'm oh so premature writing this review but it seems THAT good! I put it on in the car the second I bought it! I'm very embarrassed to say, I've probably tried every powder foundation out there....I kid you not. They all seem to be cakey and emphasize my pores which is my weak point....This is a DREAM! I got the color Classic Ivory.I LOVE THIS COLOR! Its not going to work for an NC10 gal but for a NC 15, it will be nice. It's not an orangey ivory but a nice beige ivory. Just beautiful. The probelm is, if you aren't in this category, I'm not sure how you are going to do with all the other colors as they ALL seemed VERY PINK. This one was the only one that didnt look pink and I LOVE IT! I have NEVER used a sponge to apply a powder foundation because it ALWAYS makes my pores look like something a person could fall into! Since I was in my car (Parked at Walmart HA!) I put it on thick...when I got home and "really" examined what I had done, I was shocked! It was beautiful! NOT cakey, LOOKED so natural! What I have been looking for!!!!! I will admit, I haven't tried this in the past due to bismuth being in the ingredients but it's almost at the end and I have had no problems when its so far down the ingredient list. I almost wouldnt care if I got a pimple from this because I LOVE IT SO MUCH! I have wore this for a few hours, but it feels weighless....not dry...not tight....like I have nothing on. NOTE: Gals, you all probably know this but if you wear foundation under this, you are really going to need to let the foundation set first. Put ANY powder on a wet/dewey face and the powder color WILL CHANGE..GuARANTEED! I will be wearing this over my Neutrogena Skin Enhancer. If you wear powder foundation over just moisturized skin, you need to let it REALLY soak in or it will turn the powder a different color when it makes contact with a moist face!. I think powder foundations last longer when they do have a little something to stick to and I want a natural look so am using the Neutrogena skin enhancer for it's high vitamin A ingredients, plus it's not greasy! This powder does give coverage and it isn't orange at all. I will keep you posted! Like I said, I know it irks people when we maybe give reviews too soon, but the finish of this initially was THAT GOOD! I have never had a powder give me coverage without enhancing my pores and this GEM DID THE TRICK! We all need to write to covergirl to update the other colors so that EVERYONE can wear this magic product! If it's as good as I think, it's gonna be sad to imagine all the money I have wasted when it was there all along.....waiting for me at walmart! Who would have thunk.

on 1/4/2016 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After reading the positive reviews for this foundation powder, I decided to go out and buy the popular "Classic Ivory" 510 to try. I've only just applied this while at work, but I will say that for the color matching - it works. I'm pretty pale/neutral skin toned, and this wasn't too dark, nor was it ghastly white like some of the CG powders. It is not pink at all on my face (unlike the CG concealers) and it took the redness out of my cheeks/forehead and the shine. I'm curious to see how well the shine-free look lasts, which seems to be my issue. I also want to see if I break out from this powder - I have super sensitive skin. I will definitely update this as I use it throughout the week.

One note: I gave it less lippies for the packaging because of how odd it opens/comes out of the package - took my boyfriend looking at it to figure it out because I was afraid I'd break it. I also wish it would have came with a brush instead of a sponge? I have applied this with both the sponge and my own brush - brush application seems to look a lot more natural. Will not use sponge application. Sponge also creates more flakes, if you have dry skin (which I do). Brush application doesn't seem to agitate the skin to create flakes. Let's hope this is a keeper!

EDIT; three lippies - by the end of the day - I noticed that the color of the powder was making my face more "orange" than I'd like overall compared to my neck (which is super pale). I don't think this had anything to do with product oxidation or the powder being too dark, but more the wrong color for me and not being light/yellow toned enough to counter the redness on my face. I use BP for acne medication, and it tends to make my face overall more pink/red - so I think this powder (classic ivory) wasn't the right color mix for my face. I could try one color lighter, but the lighter ivory/natural ivory colors of CG products tend to have a lot of pink to them. Going back to Physician's Formula, which I've used in the past.

Edit also: this product contains Talc, which may cause breakouts for some people, so I'm staying away.

on 9/1/2015 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been using this for many many years. I mostly use powder foundation as my skin is incredibly oily, acne prone and sensitive. This one has been in my rotation because it provides nice soft coverage. Its not full coverage, but medium and it mostly obliterates all the redness in my cheeks/face. ( I don't have rosacea as far as I know, but I always look perpetually sunburnt, or like Piglet pink) It does not cause acne for me, and its easy to touch up. I also have MAC StudioFix powder foundation and I don't see much difference between them except price. The Cover Girl runs around $7-8 and MACs is almost $30. In the MAC I am NW20, in this, I use Classic Ivory. The Natural DOES match but its rather pink. The wear time on this for me, without a primer (again, acne prone) is a good few hours unless its hot and I sweat. In the winter, I can go most of the day with maybe a touch up. I highly recommend this product for those on a budget. Its a nice foundation with a good feel, not too powdery, not cakey (unless you over do it) and within most peoples budget. I would and have repurchased. I will be upset if they ever discontinue this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I hate to say this, but I like this more than my 37 dollar powder foundation. ...