4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

Taupe by itself isn’t too impressive. But when paired with Hover and Spice lip liners, I get a slightly deeper brownish red that makes me look more put-together (NC30/NW25). For a touch more red and a slightly deeper shade, I like to pair this with Hover. For a subtler brownish cinnamon red, Spice works really well.

About reviewer (92 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

a year ago

I like this better than whirl, it's not as deep as whirl, and it kinda has more denfinition(?). It's very warm, so I don't think people with cool complexions will be very found of this one, but in warmed toned girls, it's another story: looks very good on pretty much every warmed toned skin, from light to dark. Pair it up with spice lip liner and you're good to go.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

a year ago

Cute.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

The shade is a neutral warm terracota with a hint of brown. This is the perfect shade that warms up my face but neutral enough that does not make it look like im trying too hard. If i can compare it to relationships, you know when you like/hang out/flirt with multiple people because its fun and exciting, but there is that one person that you return to, that soulmate? Well, i have lots of lipstick, but this one is that soulmate equivalent.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

I bought this because many reviews say this is a great shade for darker complexions, and I'm still looking for the perfect beige/neutral-nude for lipstick collection. Matte Taupe is a tan-nude on me which unlike many neutrals doesn't disappear against my MAC C40 skin tone or make me look ill, and has a bit of a retro '70s look which I quite like. It works well with my staple blush shade (Bobbi Brown Tawny) or bronzer, but sometimes can look a little yellow. The texture is off-putting for me though; it's very matte and very drying. I find I've got to add something on top to make it comfortable. Bobbi Brown's Brownie, a shade that doesn't work on my on its own, gives a hint of mauve that softens the yellow tinge of Taupe, and adds a creamy texture and finish to give a more flattering and wearable nude.

About reviewer (126 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

Taupe is a beautiful brown shade for medium warm skinned beauties. I wanted to buy Persistence but thanks to the SA, who convinced me to buy this one. Its a perfect work wear shade and i love it!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3 years ago

This colour was on my wish list for so long, so it's pretty ironic that I use the other colour I bought simultaneously (Twig) gets more use... The colour is a warm brown pink, leaning more towards the brown. Formula is more emollient than the other matte lipsticks I have from MAC, so it tends to disappear on me pretty quick. All in all a nice lipstick, but it's not one I grab on a daily basis.

About reviewer (446 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Taupe is what I wanted whirl lipstick to look on me. It comes off a darker, muted brown nude on my pigmented lips. I find that once it's starts to fade it had a very faint orange hue which can be seem in sunlight. Overall it's a nice shade for work and can be paired with heavy eye makeup for a night out look. For reference, I have a medium - tan completion (southeast Asian skin) and dark brown hair. When I had lighter hair the shade looked more 'nude' Check out my blog for mac lipsticks: https://maclipsbeautyblog.wordpress.com

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

I have this and Brave and I gravitate towards Brave so much more. This is still a great colour but I think it's suited for more medium skin tones

About reviewer (128 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

3.0

3 years ago

There are so many makeup colours that are pretty but look ever so slightly off when you wear them. Taupe lipstick is one of those colours. It makes me look overly made up no matter how little I dab on. I usually love everything brown toned when it comes to makeup and regularly use what appears to be a straight up brown lipcolour (Too Faced Melted Chocolate Honey) but this looked too brown on me. My skintone is NC30. The formula is quite nice, smooth and easy to apply but long lasting.

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age19-24