MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick

MAC Hot Tahiti Lipstick

4.6

So MAC Ruby Woo and I are part time lovers, very high maintenance and handsome....hot Tahiti is more like a steady BF super dependable and "safe" red. More supportive and moisturizing 😜 Both great products for different moods and red days. A very nice and easy red.

on 5/18/2016 6:45:00 PM

This lipstick confuses me. I like it, and I feel that is suits me but I don't know why. I asked at my MAC counter for a sheer red or a sheer berry and this was their suggestion. But I don't see berry when I look at it, and I don't even see it as a "red". In my eyes it looks like a pale brick colour for lack of better words. I categorized it as one of my easy wearing lipsticks, meaning that I don't need a mirror to apply it.

To Read all 143 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/9/2016 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

This is my favourite Mac lipstick out of the 4 I own. It is such a beautiful berry colour. Unfortunately as others have said it is not very long lasting so I tend to use it on more 'lazy days.' It is very comfortable and I like how versatile it is - a light swipe gives lips a natural wash of berry colour (perfect for as you are running out of the door!) or you can build it up and/or pair with lip liner for a more intense red lip.

on 1/3/2016 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is actually a very nice colour but I find the formula to be awful. This lipstick smears, doesn't stay, and it's really just a lip gloss. I don't like this formula at all.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If I can have only one lipstick in my life, this will be it. The one. I have four MAC lipstick and this is my all time favourite of all brand. It's gorgeous, it's amazing, it's so versatile easy to wear on day/night setting, can be used to dressed up for a special occasion or to looks natural everyday look.

The colour is quite red & berry-ish with some brown that makes it neutral.

The best point of this lipstick is that it's a Glaze & is actually quite transparent but can be modulated to opaque colour. One single swipe to enhance the natural colour of the lips for that "no makeup" makeup look, two or three swipes for a natural everyday look, half a dozen or more to saturation for a red lip that can be both subtle or a statement. Optionally, I put a gloss on it and it adds volume to the lip. This is my version of very subtle Red Lip.

It's also so comfortable to wear. While it's not really "hydrating", it's not drying either.

The only negative point is that it doesn't stay for a long time. I need to renew it every two or three hours since I put a balm underneath it or my lips will crack. Much less if there's a gloss on the top of it.

I'm Asian with very very light (& yellowy) skin tone and my lips are quite pinky. On most days in autumn and fall, my lips are grayish and looks dead. This lipstick works like wonder on my lips & it looks quite red and lively & vibrant. Staple Autumn lipstick, we'll see next summer if it's also wearable on warmer season or not.

Hot Tahiti is a great color with the correct application. It's a pretty berry/brown color in the neutral category. I found that this color is good on a warm skin tone if you like layering lipstick on. Lighter skin colors shouldn't smother this, it makes you look like you look like you wine stained your lips. So layer lightly and for darker or olive skin tones, layer away and apply lip liner if you like definition. Hot Tahiti is a nice conservative red/brown berry color for anybody who wants some color without the punch of a bright berry color like DIVA or REBEL, and without the boldness of Ruby Woo and Russian Red. I would buy again and it is a staple color of mine.

on 6/23/2015 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hot Tahiti is a shade that leans to a berry red glaze on my lips. It can be built up to look quite intense, but one swipe gives a beautiful flushed tint of berry red to the lips. It is the perfect everyday lip when you don't want just nude pink but a bit more colour and flush on your lips. It is honestly such an amazing formula, the glaze at Mac have been a bit hit and miss for me (didn't like Hue thought that glaze formula was rubbish). But Hot Tahiti, is smooth and creamy and still long wearing without packing way to much colour on the lips. For me I can wear this with any makeup look without looking way too overdone! Amazing!!

I was a Mac lipstick virgin until a few weeks ago when I decided to treat myself at Macy's and buy 5 mac lippies. I asked the lady at the counter for a recommendation for a everyday toned down red color. She didn't hesitate and went for Hot Tahhiti. I love this shade, a very sheer red color with a ton of moisture and I feel this color can be built up with a liner for a more dramatic look, or toned down for a lovely stain. The vanilla scent is a added bonus for me. The price is a little steep but for me I think its worth it if you wear lipstick everyday. I say treat yourself because this beautiful shade will compliment all skin tones. So glad I found this shade because I don't like to have dry heavy red color on my lips. Also if you don't want to pay for mac,

This is a GORGEOUS color! It looks like fruit punch, and it brightens up my face. Classy enough for a night out, yet suitable for a casual daytime look. It also looks nice layered under the LE Almond Aura Color Elixir by Maybelline.

on 3/2/2015 3:11:00 PM

I love hot Tahiti! By far my favourite Mac lipstick ,perfect red shade that will suit any skin tone. Will definitely be repurchasing again 💄💄