Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

People often say "never use soap on your face", but for me, this soap is less drying than all the so called gentle foaming cleansers I have used before. For reference, I have combo oily/dry skin, that is sensitive and breaks out easily. After the first wash with this, my complexion looked so smooth, even, and matte without being flaky. I couldn't believe it! With continued use, my skin has been less oily throughout the day, and I stopped wearing foundation/powder/blush (I didn't feel the need), and rarely get any blemishes. I should mention, that I usually just use this at night, because washing twice a day dries me out too much, and I wear light makeup that I wanna make sure I get off at night. I use the original dove, because I also use this bar on my body in the shower, and I love the way it smells. I may try the new baby bar next and see how it compares! Would repurchase!

My go to for 6/7 years now. I have mild acne and combination skin with the usual dry patches and clogged pores. I use this as a facial cleanser.

What I love about this soap is that it lathers so richly but leaves no residue. It does not dry skin out at all and was probably one of the first products I used as a cleanser that did not leave my skin feeling tight or leave a sticky feeling like some milky/jelly cleansers do.

Funnily enough I first tried this when I had just started researching products for acne. And I can't recall the details or if its even true but I think I read somewhere about certain ingredients that are cocounut derivatives and how they are good for acne. Could be entirely bull but I remember that's why I tried this on my face. And maybe it was placebo back then but now after years of using it I can say it works really well with my combo skin.

I love how simple it is, like I know it will not break me out or irritate my skin. When I am going through bad skin times and dealing with irritation/more severe acne/problems in general I always return to this to help calm my skin.

In the AM I cleanse once with this but if you wear makeup or sunscreen I would definitely recommend double cleansing or be sure to try to remove those products first, I use this with a Foreo.

Would recommend for all skin types! Gentle, simple, super cheap.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HG soap. Smells great, doesn't irritate my skin and lathers up well. Also prevents over drying of my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I always loved dove soaps.i buy them on and off throughout the years.now this is a staple in my bathroom.i use it on my body,face and also for my hair.the scent reminds my childhood days. I ditched the shower gels and other soaps.my chest,shoulders and back easily break out so shower gels doing no good for me.i`ve tried classic bar soaps, they cleanses out squeaky but very drying and doesn't help my break outs.the only cleanser worked on my body was bioderma sebium gel but for me it is pricey as a shower gel.I discovered dove as a bath soap.i thought before it supposed to use on face but silly me it works as a body wash too.it feels so luxurious.lathers up easily and creamy.never dries out.doesn't break out.and smells heavenly.i love taking shower before going to sleep becase it helps me calm down. I don't wash my face with any cleanser every morning.so i don't use it everyday.using it only in shower.it feels a little bit drying on face but its no big deal.whenever i wash my face while taking shower my skin gets tight afterwards.it`s pretty normal.a moisturizer fix it.my skin gets bright and clean. And my latest discovery with this bar soap is washing my hair with it.i read some reviewers mentioned about using it as a solid shampoo.so i gave it a try and i am very pleased.however i don't ditch my favorite shampoos.i am using it once a week as a clarifying shampoo.my scalps gets irritated from most of the clarifying shampoos but this bar doesn't.my scalp feels very fresh and my hair gets lighter,shiney and very manageable.i use conditioner afterwards and that's it.i realized it also helps the scalp acne.if your hair is on oilier side give it a try. The only way i tried and failed was using this as a shave soap on my legs.it dried out my legs a bit but i had no problem in my underarms. I definitely will rebuy forever.it is a great multitasker-must have staple.so cheap.i will try other scents too. Ps:i checked the ingredients and it contains zinc oxide.probably this is why it works on my skin.i`ve always loved the products contain zinc.very skin friendly ingredient.mine is made in germany btw.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

*flaky

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I found this product one of the best because I had pimple on my skin and I have oily skin I used too many soaps and face wash but they couldn't control my skin tone I was too much upset.
After that one of my friends suggest me to try this one and I decided to do it finally.
When I started using this soap I found quick results and now my skin is used too of it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Used this for years on face and body when I was younger and had combination skin, on the oily side. It was a bit drying. When I was growing up our house alternated between sensitive and regular dove. For general cleaning (also removes some makeup), I also loved purpose liquid cleanser. Now that I am older, combination skin on the dry side, when I use soap on the face ( versus micellar, Cerave hydrating cleanser etc), it tends to be unscented liquid glycerin soap. Recommend this for oily skin that is not sensitive to fragrance as an inexpensive all purpose soap.

If you're gonna get a bar soap, this is the one! Unfortunately bar soaps usually clog my pores and make my Keratosis Pilaris worse, but I think most people who fare with it fine, like the rest of my family, will find that this is refreshing and simple and does the job well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Okay now I have been using it long enough to be sure that this is a TOTAL HG. I have been struggling with acne and blackheads all my life, I have tried literally everything from 100% natural products to luxurious cosmetics and procedures. Nothing ever worked. But after month and something of using this soap I have no blackheads, no zits, my skin is just perfect. Wow, if only I found this earlier, I could have saved hundreds of euros on cosmetics for acneprone and oily skin...

I use this as a facial cleanser before I apply moisturizer. My skin is very sensitive and I can't use most acne cleansers wth benzoyl peroxide. My boyfriend's mom recommended that I use this as a daily cleanser, and now I use it morning and night religiously. It isn't too harsh, but it also makes my skin feel nice and clean. It has 1/4 moisturizer so I don't worry too much about it drying my skin out. Of course, it is a bar, so you will need some kind of soap tray to hold it, but aside from that, I have no complaints.