Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

*flaky

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I always loved dove soaps.i buy them on and off throughout the years.now this is a staple in my bathroom.i use it on my body,face and also for my hair.the scent reminds my childhood days. I ditched the shower gels and other soaps.my chest,shoulders and back easily break out so shower gels doing no good for me.i`ve tried classic bar soaps, they cleanses out squeaky but very drying and doesn't help my break outs.the only cleanser worked on my body was bioderma sebium gel but for me it is pricey as a shower gel.I discovered dove as a bath soap.i thought before it supposed to use on face but silly me it works as a body wash too.it feels so luxurious.lathers up easily and creamy.never dries out.doesn't break out.and smells heavenly.i love taking shower before going to sleep becase it helps me calm down. I don't wash my face with any cleanser every morning.so i don't use it everyday.using it only in shower.it feels a little bit drying on face but its no big deal.whenever i wash my face while taking shower my skin gets tight afterwards.it`s pretty normal.a moisturizer fix it.my skin gets bright and clean. And my latest discovery with this bar soap is washing my hair with it.i read some reviewers mentioned about using it as a solid shampoo.so i gave it a try and i am very pleased.however i don't ditch my favorite shampoos.i am using it once a week as a clarifying shampoo.my scalps gets irritated from most of the clarifying shampoos but this bar doesn't.my scalp feels very fresh and my hair gets lighter,shiney and very manageable.i use conditioner afterwards and that's it.i realized it also helps the scalp acne.if your hair is on oilier side give it a try. The only way i tried and failed was using this as a shave soap on my legs.it dried out my legs a bit but i had no problem in my underarms. I definitely will rebuy forever.it is a great multitasker-must have staple.so cheap.i will try other scents too. Ps:i checked the ingredients and it contains zinc oxide.probably this is why it works on my skin.i`ve always loved the products contain zinc.very skin friendly ingredient.mine is made in germany btw.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Used this for years on face and body when I was younger and had combination skin, on the oily side. It was a bit drying. When I was growing up our house alternated between sensitive and regular dove. For general cleaning (also removes some makeup), I also loved purpose liquid cleanser. Now that I am older, combination skin on the dry side, when I use soap on the face ( versus micellar, Cerave hydrating cleanser etc), it tends to be unscented liquid glycerin soap. Recommend this for oily skin that is not sensitive to fragrance as an inexpensive all purpose soap.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love to use Dove White as a body cleanser and shaving cream. On a sensory level, it's such a pleasure to use - and it keeps my skin soft and calm.

I tried it on my face a few times, but it was too drying.

Even though I love the old-fashioned powdery clean fragrance of Dove White, I was concerned about fragrance being an ingredient so I tried the sensitive version but strangely, it irritated my skin.

This soap gave me small pimples all over my body! I'll stick to Nivea from now on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Okay now I have been using it long enough to be sure that this is a TOTAL HG. I have been struggling with acne and blackheads all my life, I have tried literally everything from 100% natural products to luxurious cosmetics and procedures. Nothing ever worked. But after month and something of using this soap I have no blackheads, no zits, my skin is just perfect. Wow, if only I found this earlier, I could have saved hundreds of euros on cosmetics for acneprone and oily skin...

I use this as a facial cleanser before I apply moisturizer. My skin is very sensitive and I can't use most acne cleansers wth benzoyl peroxide. My boyfriend's mom recommended that I use this as a daily cleanser, and now I use it morning and night religiously. It isn't too harsh, but it also makes my skin feel nice and clean. It has 1/4 moisturizer so I don't worry too much about it drying my skin out. Of course, it is a bar, so you will need some kind of soap tray to hold it, but aside from that, I have no complaints.

If you're gonna get a bar soap, this is the one! Unfortunately bar soaps usually clog my pores and make my Keratosis Pilaris worse, but I think most people who fare with it fine, like the rest of my family, will find that this is refreshing and simple and does the job well.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My mom recommended I try this soap after dealing with oily acne prone skin that was very imbalanced. I was hesitant to try it because of the "bar soap" concept and reviews on Paula's choice. But my skin is smooth, my acne is reducing and I love the feel of this on my skin. An HG product for me BEST face cleanser and the price is amazing!

One of my favorite things. Dove soap feels luxurious on my skin. I use it daily on my body and face. I have super oily skin and it balances my complexion without causing breakouts. I love the clean, fresh smell. I will never be without it.