Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I’ve dry combination (little bit sensitive) —-pros .leaves skin clean and fresh .doesn’t cause pimples (mum has extra sensitive skin and worked well, but don’t forget the PMS and your harmonies can cause them) — cons .not enough hygiene! As it’s a soap and can hold many Bactria by the time

Leaves a residue on my skin . And the soap keeps melting leaving a mess . It’s probably too moisturising for my skin .

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Very strong scent that does stay on your skin so make sure you like it before you buy. It's a nice clean scent. This rinses very clean but leaves my skin soft and not dried out. Price is great. I use this on my body and not on my face. Would repurchase this is a nice bar soap.

Backstory: I suffer from pretty severe acne. From age 13, it has really impacted my T-zone, forehead, and lower cheeks. Nothing ever worked for my skin. I’m so disappointed that I never tried using dove on my face... my wallet really suffered from constantly trying the most expensive products from Sephora, simple drugstore brands, and just about all the medication my dermatologist has prescribed me. However, most of these things just irritated my skin. One day, I got frustrated and realized how all my friends who used dove soap on their face, had PERFECT complexions. I have to admit, I was jealous. The second I came home, I picked up a pack of the pomegranate ones from Target. My skin didn’t have a single break out by the end of the month. The scaring was there, but my break outs were maintained so well!

Actual review of product:
Yes, it is drying. However, it seems to be what my skin likes. It doesn’t make my skin flake, or burn. It simply feels a bit more drying than most cleansers. For example, I would say that the Clean&Clear, Neutrogena, and Oxy acne treatments are MUCH more drying than dove. I must say, it is very gentle & lathers nicely. A bar for your face can last you about a month, and they’re very affordable. As far as using it on my body, it’s great. I live in a relatively cold climate, so maintaining moisture is my top priority.

I typically use the pomegranate, coconut, or micellar formula. The scents of these can get overwhelming, but I love them. This is more of a personal affair that I have with the way these soaps smell. It’s phenomenal!

*Note —> I have noticed that the micellar formula is a bit more drying, but actually helps my body acne when I’m under stress.*

I honestly don’t really like the original dove beauty bar, but I would use it if there weren’t any other scents available. I’m just a person who loves switching things up with different colors and scents.

Additionally, I just wanted to add that everyone’s skin is different. What worked for me, may not work for you. I never plan on switching to any other cleanser. To touch up on the historical background of dove, this BEAUTY bar was created for the face. Thus, I really shouldn’t have been as hesitant as I was to try it on my face. I don’t have a single friend who negatively reacted to it, but it may just be the climate. But for the price, if you can’t seem to beat your acne... just simplify your routine to a dove beauty bar, moisturizer, and random topical drying treatment for those annoying pimples... it’s worth trying.

Best soap ever. I have very sensitive skin. Most soaps make my skin burn, but not this one. It's really gentle and smells nice.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I’ve used Dove Bars for years and years now. I can not use any other brand. It leave my skin soft. Smells great. I even use other scents throughout the year. Highly recommend

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love it, used it for more years than I can remember. I also use shower gels and other things but I always have a bar of this in each bathroom.... ALWAYS! I can use it on my face if I want to, it's never drying, lightly scented. If I run out, I immediately buy a new pack. I don't find it all that moisturizing but it's not that drying either. Some shower gels are far more drying even thought they are supposed to be moisturizing. I really don't rely on soaps or gels to do my moisturizing, but I don't like ones that dry the heck out of my skin like Bath and Body Works shower gels. I do not like the unscented Dove bar. It isn't really unscented and to me it stinks.I like the original white bar. I also like the Dry Oil bars with Argan oil but the scent is stronger and sometimes annoys me

From Dove's website:

White Beauty Bar-This gentle cleansing formula contains ¼ moisturizing cream to give you softer, smoother, more radiant looking skin vs. ordinary soap. Perfect for:

• Nourishing dry skin

Dove White Beauty Bar won’t strip your skin like soap can: it contains ¼ moisturizing cream, which replenishes your skin’s nutrients and leaves it nourished and radiant

• Radiant skin

Our unique formula with ¼ moisturizing cream helps skin to maintain its natural moisture, so it feels soft and smooth before you’ve even stepped out of the shower, for more radiant skin vs. ordinary soap

• Gentle cleansing

The Dove bar isn’t a soap, so it won’t dry your skin like soap can. Since Dove White Beauty Bar is made with gentle cleansers, you can use it every day, on both your body and your face

Ingredients

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate Or Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate Or Sodium Palm Kernelate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium Edta, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

I absolutely love the Dove Beauty bar. First of all, the scent is heavenly. It makes your skins smells soft and sweet. I also makes your skin feel incredible. It gives just the perfect moisture to make your skin feel and look beautiful all over.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

If I don't have any face wash on hand, this is my go-to cleanser/soap. I like to buy the sensitive skin kind, cause I have sensitive skin and I break out easily. A bar of it can last a good amount of time. It's cheap and a great alternative!

--I'm using the EU formulation-- I've been using this soap on my face and body for about a week. I really like it! The smell is absolutely lovely and I feel this really cleanses your skin. I did find this a little bit drying though, that's why I didn't rate a full 5 lipsticks. Would definitely buy this again!