Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Used this for years on face and body when I was younger and had combination skin, on the oily side. It was a bit drying. When I was growing up our house alternated between sensitive and regular dove. For general cleaning (also removes some makeup), I also loved purpose liquid cleanser. Now that I am older, combination skin on the dry side, when I use soap on the face ( versus micellar, Cerave hydrating cleanser etc), it tends to be unscented liquid glycerin soap. Recommend this for oily skin that is not sensitive to fragrance as an inexpensive all purpose soap.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love to use Dove White as a body cleanser and shaving cream. On a sensory level, it's such a pleasure to use - and it keeps my skin soft and calm.

I tried it on my face a few times, but it was too drying.

Even though I love the old-fashioned powdery clean fragrance of Dove White, I was concerned about fragrance being an ingredient so I tried the sensitive version but strangely, it irritated my skin.

This soap gave me small pimples all over my body! I'll stick to Nivea from now on.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Okay now I have been using it long enough to be sure that this is a TOTAL HG. I have been struggling with acne and blackheads all my life, I have tried literally everything from 100% natural products to luxurious cosmetics and procedures. Nothing ever worked. But after month and something of using this soap I have no blackheads, no zits, my skin is just perfect. Wow, if only I found this earlier, I could have saved hundreds of euros on cosmetics for acneprone and oily skin...

I use this as a facial cleanser before I apply moisturizer. My skin is very sensitive and I can't use most acne cleansers wth benzoyl peroxide. My boyfriend's mom recommended that I use this as a daily cleanser, and now I use it morning and night religiously. It isn't too harsh, but it also makes my skin feel nice and clean. It has 1/4 moisturizer so I don't worry too much about it drying my skin out. Of course, it is a bar, so you will need some kind of soap tray to hold it, but aside from that, I have no complaints.

If you're gonna get a bar soap, this is the one! Unfortunately bar soaps usually clog my pores and make my Keratosis Pilaris worse, but I think most people who fare with it fine, like the rest of my family, will find that this is refreshing and simple and does the job well.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My mom recommended I try this soap after dealing with oily acne prone skin that was very imbalanced. I was hesitant to try it because of the "bar soap" concept and reviews on Paula's choice. But my skin is smooth, my acne is reducing and I love the feel of this on my skin. An HG product for me BEST face cleanser and the price is amazing!

One of my favorite things. Dove soap feels luxurious on my skin. I use it daily on my body and face. I have super oily skin and it balances my complexion without causing breakouts. I love the clean, fresh smell. I will never be without it.

Unfortunately I found this bar to be rather drying, and I do not typically have dry skin. After using this my skin became dry and itchy. I might try other bars in the line, but this one isn't for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Forgive the gushing review; I am having a love affair with the scent of this soap.

I find myself loving every little thing about this soap, which is so far the only Dove product I can use without wanting to scratch my skin off (the haircare is awful for my scalp). The shape is perfect for going over your curves; it even follows my enormous pregnant stomach. It hasn't made my skin dry, itchy or tight. I have followed up with jojoba oil about 50% of the time, but even the showers I haven't, my skin hasn't been bothered.

But as I said I am having a LOVE AFFAIR with the scent of this soap. It is unchanged from my childhood and it is amazing. Floral, with the slight musk of old detergents - strong in a different way from the way soaps are now, but not overpowering - and just clean. My kindergartener pronounced me as smelling of flowers and cake, so it earned a thumbs-up from the young people crowd. Instead of a soap dish, which my shower doesn't have, I have been resting it on a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and rinsing very carefully before using. It's keeping its shape great and not getting goopy on the bottom.