4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I lovvvee this product I use the white bar for really really sensitive skin. I tried sooo many different things. Cetaphil burned and left it so dry. I wash twice a day and immediately after I apply the brand simple sensitive skin lotion which was amazing. I literally broke out so bad which I never do from using Neutrogena soap bar really damaged. I switched to this and in two days I saw a huge difference my cheeks looked way better. It helped with the drying as well. My aunt suggested toothpaste on them but they were already dry and made the part of skin flake off and burned. I only suggest toothpaste on fresh pimples. Sorry for this book I just typed but a lot of people come and read these and like tips as well. I never suggest scrubbing or anything else. And my skin will rash up if I change using and this really cleans. Thanks!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I've used this as: 1. Facial wash- did not break me out, but I did not like the 'film' it leaves on my skin after, & I've always preferred using liquid facial washes, so I stopped using it. 2. Body soap- I had a bad bout of atopic dermatitis 7yrs ago & my dermatologist recommended I use this. Very moisturizing but I've always preferred liquid body washes so after my AD completely healed, I switched back to liquid. 3. Shaving cream- quite effective, left my legs nicely moisturized after. 4. Feminine wash- My sister, who's a Physician, told me her OB-Gyne recommended this as a daily wash. I was surprised to find that I liked it for that purpose, but after a couple of months, I switched back to liquid feminine washes out of habit (& laziness, I guess!) Overall, I'd say this is a good multitasking product that gives great value for the price. I wish I can find the super tiny ones they used to sell previously, I'd definitely buy those again!

About reviewer (175 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

I've used this soap for year and I still love it works well for me. It's gentle but I feel like they changed the formula cause back then I'd get out of the shower and go back in again cause I felt like I didn't rinse well, it felt creamy if that makes sense. I use this when I don't wanna moisturize but I don't want my face to feel dry. I live in a very hot region of Africa and sweat and moisturizer is just ugh... I tried switching to the other types and the liquid soap, the green one smells like irish spring which I don't like too strong and there's a pink one I think which didn't make any significant difference and the liquid one smells so darn strong it's choking. So I came back to the original bar. I'll keep repurchasing this its nice and affordable. Even blogs and dermalogists recommend this.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBrown

5 years ago

This is an amazing bar soap, no wonder it was featured as a cult beauty product across countless beauty magazines! It comes in a few editions (cucumber, berries, and Original) with the Beauty Bar being the original version. It's pretty cheap at around USD1/bar which can easily last 1 month with 2X use per day. It comes with the iconic Dove fragrance which reminds me of baby soap (not something everyone likes, however it is to my liking). It lathers wells, and have a creamy lather. Unlike most soaps, this one does not dry out the skin.... and I don't know how to explain it, but the lather itself is creamy (like it's being whipped from fresh, moisturising cream! Imagine the lather with bubbles and cream!). It does not leave my skin dry, and does a good job in cleansing. I would highly recommend this bar soap, and can understand why it has won many beauty awards (I believe that it's formulation is patented as well).

About reviewer (297 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

5 years ago

I use Dove Beauty Bar as body wash, I used to use Dove Body Wash, but when I ran out, my mom bought me Dove Beauty Bar. First I was skeptical, because I have really dry skin, and bar soap usually dried my skin, I was surprised after used it, it felt so moisturising same with the body wash (my skin feels so soft, I tried baby soap and that made my skin dry, dove is much better than that baby soap) after that I repurchase this over and over again. Sometimes I use the beauty bar, sometimes I use the body wash. After I read MakeupAlley's review on this, some people said that it worked great on their face, so I tried this on my face, but unfortunately this broke my forehead out, and my cheeks got duller, maybe because I have normal to combination/oily skin, still I give Dove Beauty Bar 5stars because it works like a charm on my body's skin.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

The ONLY soap i'd buy. Leaves skin clean and soft. BUY IT.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

1.0

5 years ago

I've repurchased this numerous times all throughout my teenage years & I always thought the constant ichy skin after my showers were normal. Since my mother would buy this by the pack I never thought to ask her if I could switch it up. Now after switching to my Aveeno Active Naturals Soap and Fragrance Free Moisturizing Bar for my face and body that has such an incredibly creamy lather that rinses completely clean I now realize how horrible the Dove was for my skin. I also experience no itching what-so-ever with this.

About reviewer (423 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

1.0

5 years ago

This made my skin weird and left a residue on it. I won't be repurchasing EVER.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

3.0

5 years ago

Dove used to be my favorite soap for a long time and it is still a pretty good soap. However, I have noticed that my skin would get a bit dry after I used this soap. I had to put on lotion afterwards. Overall, good soap but can be a bit drying if you are using it on the long term.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

5 years ago

Just doesn't work for me. I can't stand the smell. I really don't like baby powder scents. That's personal, though. My problem with this is that it doesn't moisturize my skin at all. It leaves my skin feeling waxy. A few times some kind of layer has peeled off of my skin after using this? Not a layer of skin? It was really quite icky. My skin is still dry after this, it just has this waxy crap sitting on the surface. I also never feel clean after using this. Maybe it's the waxy, filmy layer it leaves or maybe it's the fact that "Dove isn't ordinary soap" I can't even use this as a hand soap. But, it must be just me, because I know a lot of people love Dove. I'll stick with my cheaper, more effective Ivory soap.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair