4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

This isn't just another bar of soap. This barely IS soap. The first ingredient is Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, which is one of the gentlest surfactants out there. There is a bit of soap in the Dove Beauty bar, but we all know that it isn't nearly as drying as say, Ivory. It's just the best thing to wash yourself with, especially the Sensitive Skin version. I've been nostalgic recently, going back to a lot of my old favorites and even stuff I used when I was a teen and Dove was one of them. There was a moment in my life where I used Dove to remove makeup and wash my face. I still sometimes use Dove to wash my face, because it's just so gentle, it's comparable to other gentle, specifically formulated face washes. I've used recently countless face washes and body washes from Japan, but they tend to make their stuff with more stripping ingredients than I'd like. There's a whole lotta soap in their products, most of them filled to the brim with Lauric Acid, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid, etc. and then made into soap with a strong base (high pH chemical). The soap formulations really dry my skin out over time, especially when it's not too hot and I don't have much dirt and grime to wash off. The soaps really took a toll on my skin, save the nice smells and the extremely rich lather. Since we always have some Dove bars at home, I popped one open and used it in place of those body washes. It takes a bit longer to rinse off than soap formulas and the sensitive skin version smells a bit funny, but it's really the best gentle cleanser out there. It strips my skin less and doesn't leave a waxy residue even with the super hard water we have here.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

EyesGray

5 years ago

This soap is amazing because it doesnt dry out my skin like most soaps do.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBlond

5 years ago

Great for face and body! I have pretty sensitive skin and this works great even on my face! Removes makeup with ease but don't get it in your eyes! Used for years!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

Great bar of soap that doesn't dry my skin like most bar soaps do. Plus the smell is blissful!

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBrown

5 years ago

I have used this for years on my body, as my skin is pretty sensitive and can get dry, and never had any issues using this. Lately, my face has been a bit meh, not really looking great, a bit of acne coming up, just feeling a bit ugly, so I tried the Dove on my face before bed. The next day, my lumps had reduced considerably. I have used this for the last week, and so far so good. I do like the feeling of washing with a soap, I kinda like the clean feeling, which is probably just tightening of my skin to be honest, but I moisturise afterwards with some coconut oil and all seems good so far. I will updated in a few weeks to see if this has continued to impress, as normally I am impressed with something early on, then it upsets my skin.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

1.0

5 years ago

This Dove soap dried my skin out and make it feel like a residue was left behind and seeing that i wash my whole body 2 full times in the shower i know im clean so after 3-4 days of using this it got grated and sprinkled under my back porch to keep the p!ss ants away lol but true.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2.0

5 years ago

I tried this as a face cleanser but found it a bit drying

About reviewer (208 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

1.0
from

5 years ago

Dries my skin out so bad it hurt to put moisturiser on!

About reviewer (76 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

3.0

5 years ago

This works great as a substitute for shaving-cream. It leaves the skin feeling smooth & unlike most soaps this does not strip your skin of moisture making it dry & prone to razor burn.. Even people with sensitive skin can use this product on their body as it is really gentle. One thing that I don't like about this soap is the smell, but then again everyone likes different scents therefore it's not a problem in general.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

5 years ago

I have literally used this soap fo 5+ years now and will never ever change. WHY??? it makes your skin feel great, honestly takes all the dirty and grim off and any smell, leaving you happy when you leave the shower or bath!! it honestly is so great..

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium