4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 years ago

We always had this at our house when I was growing up. My mom was very loyal to dove. It is very gentle even on sensitive skin. I have never liked the scent though. Both the pink and white bars smell the same to me so theres always the unscented option. Nonetheless, its a good beauty bar at a good price.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I fail to see how anyone can go wrong with this. It's gentle, does the job, doesn't strip my skin. I use the unscented version, it doesn't clash with my perfume, I like this got to soap.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

Love it: Cleans without drying out my skin.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBlack

4 years ago

En invierno mi piel se reseca de sobremanera, comenzé a usarlo y hasta la comezón que me daba de tan reseca que tenía mi piel, se fué. Intente usarlo para el rostro pues también lo tenía realmente seco, y solo en esas ocasiones funcionaba, las demás, sentía que producía mas grasa. No veo inconvenientes, es un buen jabón humectante, no creo que sea bueno para pieles con acné como en mi caso.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

This is the only bar soap I'll buy. I buy the pink one 99.9% of the time. I love the smell. Sometimes, the other scents appeal to me. So mild and gentle.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

from

4 years ago

Love Dove have been using it for years, just love it Skin is so soft this is not a Soap, its a beauty cream for your face or body it does not suds up like soap, its like a Cream

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair

HairRed

EyesGreen

4 years ago

I find dove really nice to just wash your face and body and leave it moisturized and cleaned. I don't usually buy it, because it tends to get all goopy in your shower. You cant leave it in a soap dish without holes to strain the water otherwise it just breaks down the soap. I tend to take this on holiday with me as its an all in one thing and I just ditch it after my holiday is finished. I use it as a face wash and body wash and it does a great job, smells nice and my skin doesn't have any issues with it.

About reviewer (140 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

4 years ago

I use the unscented one to wash my makeup brushes and beauty blenders. It works brilliant! One of the sales people told me this was just as effective as some of the "brush" cleasers and I have to agree. In fact, I can get my tools cleaner with the bar soap than those special cleaners. I tend to use shower gel on my body but I'm not opposed to using Dove and have used it in past. It's the only bar soap I would use on my body outside of one of the glycerin based bars.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

1.0

4 years ago

I know Dove has a cult following but it doesn't do it for me. I find Dove to be too greasy, leaves a residue on my skin, and smells like old people. If left in the littlest puddle of water, will be left to a pile of gooey greasy goop. I find the scents unpleasant at best. Mineral oil doesn't do it for me. I'd rather bathe with Dial, and coat myself with flax seed oil after showering to moisturize.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairRed

3.0

4 years ago

This is an okay bar of soap. Pleasant and soft fragrance, but was not very moisturizing. This also did not help with acne, but it does not claim to, so no point off for that. Overall dried my skin out a bit, might try it again in the summer when my skin is not needing moisture. There are better soaps on the market though....

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35