4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

I have been using Dove soap for 30 years and will never use any other soap. I love the pure smell and the way it makes my skin feel. I started using it in 1984 when my daughter was 9 months old. The Dr. told me to use it on her skin along with Eucerin lotion because she had a severe case of eczema covering every inch of her poor little body. It immediately started working and within a week her skin was baby soft again. She sill uses it to this day as well.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

2.0

5 years ago

I used to like the Dove bar, but I find it too drying for my skin type. This soap is definitely much more moisturizing than other soaps, but I still cannot use this for extended periods of time. I like the variety of fragrances that this comes in and the price is right. I would not repurchase this for myself.

About reviewer (1756 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

5 years ago

The best bar soap on the market. Gentle enough to use on your face and your lady parts. Love the clean soap smell, too.

About reviewer (139 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I have used this many years, and I also like the smell of it, it is very refreshing.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

A classic multi-purpose beauty product! This is the only thing I’ve been using in my shower for years – for everything - cleansing, shaving and intimate hygiene. In case of emergency I can use it as a face cleanser or even as a shampoo (tried it and it worked fine). Love it.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I never thought to put soap on my face until I read somewhere that Dove soap is actually good for acne prone skin. I have spent A LOT of money over the last 5 years trying to clear up my skin. I've spent money on cheap and expensive cleansers and face regimens only to have my skin made worse of just a little better. I even tried Michael Todd True Organics which everyone raves about. It helped but not too much. I have been using the dove soap for probably about 3 weeks and is a complete god send for me. My skin is finally clearing up (only a couple of small pimples to go!) and I had little bumps under the skin that have almost completely vanished. Who knew my miracle acne solution was only a $5 dove soap! It did dry out my skin a bit in one small area in the beginning but nothing a little moisturizer can't take care of. For those people who say this didn't work for them, you have to give the product a chance to work on your skin. You have to give it at least 3-4 weeks before you can say it was a hit or a miss. I can not say enough good things about this and I am excited to see what the future of my skin will look like. Will definitely never be without this soap again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

1.0

5 years ago

UPDATE 2017: If you really want a bar soap, Drunk Elephant invented some really great ones that don't damage skin. If you just want a cheap cleanser, there are some $3-5 cleansers or wipes at the drugstore that will treat you better. Basically, I have a lot of these stocked up at home since they're really cheap and my mom likes buying. This has a nice smell, so I like washing my hands with it. It's a bar soap so it's in its nature to clog pores.(it's thickness is very similar to the hard waxy junk trapped in our pimples) I wouldn't dream of putting this on my acne prone skin. It strips skin A LOT and makes it feel tight the more you use it. It also leaves a weird film that's hard to rinse off. I also use this to wash my makeup brushes and it works okay for that too. If I wash my hands too much, they begin to feel bone dry but I really don't want to burden other people with this. I have a lot of swatches on my hands all the time and this takes it right off. Even if you have really nice skin, I still think it'll make it worse, more so if you have sensitive or problematic or broken skin. It's not as bad as other bar soaps but that's not saying much. Dove's body washes aren't perfect but much better than their bar soap. Olay Fresh Foaming face wash is really for all skin types, especially if there aren't too many concerns. I would say to give this a pass and maybe use hand soap if you hate your skin since that'll probably damage it a whole lot less.

About reviewer (64 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Other

5 years ago

Love it . I had horrible acne in my chin decided to use dove bar to help lift dirt of my face and it has done wonders last week my face is glowing like when I was in my teens . It dries out my skin but I follow up with good night and day cream or serum . I use other bar for my body and not going back to crazy expensive body washes , I bought mines at dollar tree and happy is cheaper than acne cleansers .

About reviewer (106 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

5 years ago

I have been using this beauty bar for half of a week now and I think that It is helping my skin to get rid of toxins in my pores. As with all cleansers you should use for 3 weeks to see the if it works for those that didn't know this here is why: If you have dirt in your pores and there is no pimple above surface but dirt underneath then when you start using a really good cleanser (dove) it will start to bring this dirt to the serface creating a pimple, then when the pimple disapears there will be no dirt under your skin and it will be totally clear. This means that if you are using it and you start to get pimples, please wait a full three weeks, because this could actually be removing dirt that your other cleanser never got rid of. I will update in a little bit to tell you how this is going

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

2.0

5 years ago

Where to even begin with this product. I have sensitive, combination skin, prone to redness and/or irritation.. I tried switching to organic products thinking it would benefit my face rather than all the chemicals.. NO.. I couldn't even remember what my beautiful clear skin looked like anymore, it was just so irritated with redness and break outs, I didn't ever want to do anything because I wanted to avoid going anywhere. My friend told me to stop and just use soap and water.. I was terrified, hearing that your never suppose to use soap, but I said what the heck, what do I have to lose.. It's been one week since using the Dove white beauty bar... I love it!! My face has cleared up and improved dramatically!! In just one week!! I love the lather it gives and even the smell. It can be drying to an area that is recovering from a blemish but nothing a little Eucerin can't fix.. Overall I hope this continues to work for me like the little gem it's been so far!! Thank you Dove and to my friend for the advice ;) Just try it, you might be suprised!! UPDATE....... Irritated my whole body. Not so much my face but I didn't like the way my face felt shortly after washing. Like a super oily film :/ really loved the smell though

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24