4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

Like any beauty addict, I've bought and tried tons of different soaps and shower gels. However, I always come back to good old Dove beauty bars. Quite honestly, I don't even know why I've bothered with other stuff in the past. Dove really is the best, and it's so cheap too. I also love that it comes in cardboard packaging. Face: Dove is brilliant at removing makeup. I massage it in for a minute, remove the suds and makeup residue with a flannel, then massage again for another minute before rinsing. There's never been any residue on my toner pad when cleansing in this way. It's also never stung my (sensitive, rosaeic) skin or left me feeling dry and itchy like other face cleansers have. Body: Cleans effectively (even muddy feet) without drying out skin. This is the only soap that doesn't make me feel like I NEED to moisturise after showering. Vulva: My gynaecologist really rates the Unscented bar and says she recommends it to all her patients. However, I've always used the normal white bar or Coconut Milk and Jasmine Petals scented one (BEST SOAP SCENT EVER) and have never had any irritation or infections.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

2 months ago

99% of all bar soaps (including the fancy hotel ones) that I try dry out my skin and leave an unpleasant residue on my body, except for this one. This makes my skin soft and smooth, clean without it being squeaky clean, and it leaves my skin feeling hydrated. It even beats out quite a few of the body washes I've used in the past, which really surprised me because they were 3x the price of this soap! I love the scent of this soap as well. I've tried cleansing with it on my face a few times, but it was too drying for my taste personally. That's the only con to me, but otherwise this is a great classic soap that beats out most body cleansing products on the market. I would definitely recommend buying this soap over cheaper alternatives as well as it doesn't leave a scummy residue after a shower on the floor.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

2 months ago

awesome staple that i use on my face AND body. it smells clean, it's cheap, and you can even shave with it.

About reviewer (185 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

3 months ago

I go back and forth between Dove white and Dove sensitive skin. For the most part a handful of people still use a good ole fashion bar of soap, while others are using liquid soap on a netted sponge. I’ll get to the point. Most drugstore soaps are unusable. Many don’t lather and others dry out the skin. Dove is a fabulous choice. It lathers nicely. It cleanses thoroughly. It does a great job in cleansing all parts of the body without drying the skin. Packaging consist of the usual corporate logo box while on the inside a plain white bar. Pleasantly light scented and not overwhelming. The price is on the cheaper side but it’s fine for such a excellent soap. I give it a 5 lipstick review. Only little qualm is that it melts quickly and should be kept in its soap dish or shower ledge. I won’t take a lipstick away for it.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesOther

6 months ago

It is a really good product for female personal care, it does not irritate the skin. I found that other soaps were too drying. I also use it as a face cleanser. If I do have an issue, I wish it was larger because it easily falls out of your hands in the shower.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesBlue

10 months ago

I always rotate between the Dove beauty bar unscented, and the Dove beauty bar "white". This was recommended to me by a gynecologist, and I have been using dove beauty bar for many, many years, and it works perfectly to clean, and I love the scent! I have been a repeat customer, and will continue to be!

About reviewer (333 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Other

a year ago

Although for most people this is generally fine to use on the face, personally I find it far too drying (along with every facial soap I've ever tried including Clinique's). Instead I use this as a hand soap as I find most hand washes, including Molton Brown leave my hands very dry (due to SLS). Dove lathers up nicely, cleanses well and rinses off easily. I keep a bar next to my kitchen sink and one in the washroom too. The only thing I dislike is the fragrance - which although 'clean' and not unpleasant in any way, is still VERY strong to the point of being overpowering. If it wasn't for that I'd have given it 5 lippies. Nevertheless this costs just a fraction of the price of 'designer' hand washes and doesn't contain SLS which is reason enough for me to keep re-purchasing. Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)  1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

a year ago

Winter staple in my home. Only negative is that it melts somewhat fast but the price is good so it’s fine.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark

HairBrown

a year ago

This is the soap that I come back to all the time after trying out various other bath soaps, gels, and foam. Dove Beauty Bar makes me skin soft and smooth post-shower. When used together with exfoliating bath gloves, my skin remains soft and smooth for days after. I don't need exfoliating gels, creams, or scrubs anymore. Occasionally, when I'm busy and forget to use post-shower body lotion/ cream, my skin will still feel fine - no tight feeling. I have sensitive skin but Dove Beauty Bar works fine for me. It is also easy to bring when I travel since it isn't a liquid. As I look towards more natural products over the years, I like the Dove Beauty Bar scent less. It is not offensive, but I'll prefer something that smells less strong and more natural. In summary, I'll haven't found another soap that gives the same post-shower soft and smooth feeling on my skin, so I'll continue using this.

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

from

a year ago

This is my old standby. I like to play with more natural soaps with more natural scents, but if something stops working for me, I need moisture, or I need to go cheaper with my body products, this can’t be beat. It leaves my skin soft and smooth, doesn’t break me out, and smells pretty lovely. The scent is a little chemical to my nose now (I’ve been leaning more and more into naturally scented products lately), so that’s a thing. Also, the lotions quality of the product means I don’t get that astringent “clean” feeling I get from traditional sappnified soaps — and sometimes I really miss that.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral