MAC Verve Lipstick

4.4

on 7/10/2016 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Verve is one of my favourite lipsticks from MAC. On my medium tan skin, it's a beautiful plummy brown. It's pretty dark, but not so dark its vampy. As a brown girl, I've worn colors like this nearly half my life, so verve is a very wearable/daytime color for me. I bought this after buying wet n wild mochalicious, since it was said to be identical. Similar, yes, but wet n wild's has a lot more red in it and turns into this garish purpleish red color on me. Verve is more subdued, with a brownish undertone and so I prefer it over the WnW. The only con to verve is that I wished it was matte, as verve is a satin finish but that said, it wears comfortably, doesn't settle into lip lines and its such a pretty color that I don't mind touch ups. Love this lipstick and until I find an exact matte dupe for this, will definitely repurchase once I run out

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

When you look up for this color in google the first picture is of potty lips with a beautiful plummy brownish color so i obviously went and bought it.
Im so sad this lipstick didnt work for my skintone. Beware fair laidies this will look BAD. At least on my NC15 skin with strong yellow undertones this looks like greyish dark brown. Not a pretty look at all. Sadly a barely touched mac lipstick will go to the- never use again- pile.
Ill leave a list here of others mac lipsticks that just didnt work for me:
Honey love ( yes ladies this looked like trash)
Kinda sexy
Brave
Cherish
Captive(straight purple)

To Read all 56 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Love it... It goes well with a brown colour skin tone... Honestly my HG lipstick

on 2/9/2016 4:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Verve is a pretty colour, it's great if you feel like wearing a dark lippie but aren't up for something too dark -such as Cyber or Sin. I'm not sure if this would look good if you have very fair skin, it might wash you out. Looks great paired with either Half-Red or Plum lip liner!

on 10/16/2015 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is my favorite fall color to wear. The pigment is long lasting and looks great with darker skin tones. Although, you definitely need to wear a liner with this color.

This was my first MAC lipstick purchase. My mistake was not asking to try it on before purchasing. have very fair skin and this looked OK in the tube, but it is so pigmented, it goes on very dark on me. I wear it but it's not my first choice. It would be great on someone with darker skin. I still manage to wear it, though, putting a nude color over it to soften the look. I"m not comfortable with vampy lips but if you had fair skin and wanted a borderline-vampy lip, something dark but more natural, this would work. The formula is very long lasting.

on 7/13/2015 3:09:00 AM

This is NOT for me. It's a nice color but my fair skin just can't pull it off. I bought this after seeing a photo of someone with a deep brown lip and I fell in love with it. The girl at Mac said to line and fill in my lips with cork and then go use this over the top. Whilst I can appreciate the color, I'll never wear it as its too dark on my skin.

on 5/6/2015 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I like this. Certainly brown girl approved. It is a bit too dark for me to just slap it on and go. I find that creating more of an ombre lip with Siss (also a mac satin) in the center of both my bottom and top lip works very well for the office. That is the only way I will be able to use Siss at all. Verve is one of those colors nobody ever speaks about but it will be a staple for me for work. I am NW45 for reference.

Satins are not as drying as mattes and can sometimes end up looking matte by the end of the day. This wears incredibly well, I do not have to touch up for 5 hours or until after eating. I would repurchase.

on 5/5/2015 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

PERFECT nude Lipstick for my complexion. It's a mix of a berry mauve & brownish pink color. It's sheer but gives the right amount of color & can be build-able. I also find that after a few hours it does dry down to a semi matte finish. At least on my lips, so I moisturize ( as always ) before applying this product .. I received this Lipstick through back to MAC so it was "kind" of free. ( Back 2 MAC is when you recycle your old full size MAC containers for a free Lipstick, Eyeshadow or Lip glass from a regular collection. 6 Containers = 1 item ) .. I am in LUV with this lipstick & will definitely repurchase more. Also I just love the vanilla cupcake scents these MAC lipsticks have

on 3/14/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I was contemplating between Verve and Twig and I'm so glad I got Verve. I'd best describe Verve as a deep rosy brown colour with a plum hue. Now if you're around an NC44 shade and over this would work amazingly for the overrated Kylie Jenner lip everybody is obsessing over. It's a satin finish, so longevity isn't as great as say a matte would be but it's definitely a great investment. Thumbs up from me.