Aveda Shampure Shampoo

Aveda Shampure Shampoo

3.6

Aqueous extracts: lavender extract, aloe vera leaf juice, rosemary leaf extract, ammonium lauryl sulfate, disodium laureth sulfosuccinate, lauramidopropyl betaine, peg-6 cocamide, peg-7 dimethicone isostearate, babassuamidopropyl betaine, hydroxy propyltrimonium hydrolyzed wheat protein, hydrolyzed brazil nut protein, wheat amino acids, avocado oil, glycerin, tocopherol acetate, ascorbyl palmitate, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, peg-30 castor oil, sodium sulfate, fragrance, geraniol, linalool, citronellol, benzyl benzoate, limonene,sodium chloride, polysorbate 80, sodium gluconate, maltodextrin, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, annatto (Cl 75120)

on 5/20/2017 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Holy grail shampoo , leaves my bleached blonde damaged hair smooth , silky clean and smelling beautiful. It also gives amazing shine to the hair and strengthens it . Love this forever !

on 10/24/2016 2:40:00 PM

I love shampure! The fragrance is out of this world(lots of lavender) & it leaves my oily hair very clean. The only reason it's not a HG for me is I have to switch my shampoos bc my water is gross and I get build up I my hair no matter what

on 4/30/2016 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This shampoo smells good. HOWEVER it does not clean my hair and it will make it look greasy the following day

My sister bought this for our mom and offered to buy me a bottle too, but I told her that I'd try it first before committing, which I'm glad I did. I liked the scent, it's soothing and unobtrusive; it lathers just enough, but I feel like it didn't thoroughly clean my hair in a single wash. I have thick, coarse hair that easily gets oily at the scalp, and when I used this I found that my scalp gets greasy (& a bit itchy) within hours. It's a shame because I really wanted to love this shampoo. This is not inexpensive in our country, either, so I'm glad I didn't make my sister pay for such an underwhelming product for me.

Shampure: I hate to say it, but we're breaking up. I love your smell and the spa aesthetic--and you leave my hair light and silky--but you've changed since we started going steady. I like that Aveda is PETA certfied but dislike the ingredient list, which includes stuff like fragrance and other stuff I'd prefer to avoid. I also find it weird that they're no longer included in the Environmental Working Group database. Old formulation was a 5 out of 10, so not terrible but not great either, if you care about that kind of stuff.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Completely obsessed with the heavenly, spa-esque scent of this line. I use the shampoo and the conditionner, and I am so in love. My only caveat is the shampoo makes my scalp itch, over time. Oh, and I am a little iffy about the ingredients - an employee at the Aveda store told me all of the ingredients are plant-based, but I am unsure as to how processed they are. The scent seems a tad unnatural, but maybe that's just the crazy combination of 25 essential oils they use.

Otherwise, I seriously adore this product. I even bought the candle with the same fragrance because I wanted my home to smell like it. My guests always demand to know what it is.

It cost me about $16 for an 8 oz. bottle, at an Aveda store. Highly recommended.

on 8/1/2014 9:02:00 AM

After using $5 supermarket shampoo for a few years, I was looking for a change. I loved the smell of Aveda so tried it out. After 2 washes, I was disappointed with the product - it caused more build up and made my scalp oilier. I have thick curls so I need a good cleansing shampoo. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with similar hair type. I will stick to my $5 shampoo for now.

Best aroma out there! I work for Aveda and I love using this on my clients as well as myself. The aroma is a calming, relaxing aroma that reminds me of vanilla and sweet cream. This can be used on all hair types, from little kids to the elderly! It is fairly cheap for Aveda, compared to other lines such as the Invati and smooth infusion. A little drop goes a long way, so for the price you get a lot of product that will last a long time!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This shampoo has the best aroma! It's a basic shampoo, it's very mild. I use it on my kids and to clean my makeup brushes. The candle and pure-fume spirit are amazing as well.

on 1/27/2014 9:13:00 AM

I bought this shampoo purely for the smell. I have a very oily, itchy scalp and noticed when I used this shampoo that my hair would be heavy looking with grease almost the next day. I continued to use it though because I loved the smell so much. After two weeks I noticed my grey roots showing up when I just had my hair colored and flakiness from my scalp. My skin is sensitive to essential oils so I'm thinking my scalp probably is as well. It is a bit expensive, but since I was the only one using it, it wasn't that bad. It's unfortunate but it definitely does not work for me.