Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream

Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream

3.0

Aqua (Water, Eau), Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil, Huile Minérale), Cetearyl Alcohol, Olus (Vegetable Oil, Huile Végétale), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Petrolatum, Ceteareth-20, Tocopherol, Hyaluronic Acid, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PVM/MA Copolymer, Polyquaternium-24, Sodium Chloride, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 15985 (Yellow 6),

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Why would you make an eye cream that burns if it gets in your eyes?! Otherwise, it'd be a great product! It's hydrating and everything I'd love to keep in an eye cream. Unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing because it burns my eyes!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a decent eye cream, though it didn't blow me away. I stumbled across it after I had an awful reaction to a retinol eye cream (Verso), where I had irritated, red, flaky skin for weeks. I trialled numerous different creams - Avene, Chanel, Aesop - which didn't seem to soothe the dryness. This gentle hyaluronic formulation was the first dedicated eye cream which didn't flare up my sensitive skin.

The consistency is light, airy, smooth and sinks rapidly into the skin. It's gently hydrating and also works well for dry patches in other areas. It hasn't really helped with my dark circles though, which is a shame. I've consistently used it for weeks and I'm happy with the results, but I can't help wondering if there's something out there that's hydrating, non-inflammatory, but also lifts and lightens dark circles.

on 3/2/2018 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I had heard a lot about this eye cream and had pretty high hopes. I have a bit of under eye crepiness and a few small wrinkles and hoped this product would deliver results. Unfortunately, it fell flat. It is light to medium in consistency, applies easily but didn't seem to want to absorb into my skin. I tried wearing it during the day but it caused the rest of my eyeliner and mascara to melt off. It didn't soothe or have any brightening effects either. If I were younger and just looking for an under eye night time moisturizer, this would probably be okay. However as an anti-aging eye cream to target specific concerns, it did nothing for me.

on 12/17/2017 3:50:00 PM

I have very sensitive eyes and most other eye creams irritate my eyes, even the ones that are specifically made for sensitive eyes. This is the only eye cream I've found that doesn't irritate my eyes and I really like it. The skin under my eyes tends to become a bit dry during the winter and this cream has made the skin softer and healthier looking. No big improvements on my wrinkles but I'm ok with that.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Overview: Affordable and efficient
Pro: Affordable and moisturising
Con: Sometimes stings my eyes a little

I was in the market for a cost effective eye cream when I started to use the Mario Badescu range. This eye cream has not changed by life, but neither have the $120 ones. This one for $26 AUS does just as well as the expensive ones, I have well hydrated under eyes and you need a small amount of product for it to do its thing. I'll definitely repurchase. Pretty hooked on the Mario Badescu range, check it out!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

As far as hyaluronic acid goes, this is pretty nice for that effect. I typically have issues with hyaluronic acid drying me out and this stayed pretty moist. However, it was nothing special overall. I used it for a week and then threw out the rest of the container. I like the ceramide gel eye cream Mario Badescu has (the gel, not the cream). As I felt that offered even more hydration, but I never repurchased once I realized antioxidants and ceramides must be in an air tight UV protected container in order to preserve their efficency. MB packages all eye creams in a tub. Which is pretty nasty over time.

Too-long-didn't-read version: decent but nothing special, especially for the price. I do like that MB doesn't add in a million irrelevant ingredients, though.

on 11/25/2016 9:06:00 PM

I am on my third one...it is my hg. only 4 hippies because it does not do anything for dark circles. Super hydrating...much better than the glycolic eye cream. I would be truly mad if its discontinued someday

If you are looking for hydration, I don't think you can do any better than this. It REALLY hydrates! If you are someone where the skin around your eyes feels tight and unmoisturized within a few hours of applying other eye creams, then I would urge you to try this alone or as a supplement to your other eye cream.

It doesn't seem to do anything for bags, puffiness, etc., and it also doesn't seem to help prevent wrinkles except to the extent that hydrated skin looks plumper and (hopefully) is less likely to wrinkle. But it's still a wonderful product for hydration, the best I've found, actually, and if it doesn't do enough treatment stuff for you, then I'd suggest coupling it with another product that does that. You could apply this eye cream first, wait a bit, and then apply your other eye cream.

It is unscented and didn't irritate my eyes, nor did it give me raccoon eyes. The price can't be beat!

I initially received this as a sample and ended up liking it very much that I purchased it. I tend to get dark circles under my eyes when i'm stressed out or not sleeping enough. Using this a few times a week (or when needed) has helped moisturize my under eye area without feeling heavy. I like the fact that it is aloe based and suitable for all skin types.

on 7/1/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've been using this now for several months. I guess I didn't review it before this 'cause I wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

It's nice, now that more beauty companies are realizing that some (many!) of us are sensitive and don't want irritating ingredients in our cosmetics, there's more products that I can use. For several years, my go-to eye cream has been Paula's Choice Replenishing Skin Recovery Moisturizer...and yes, it's not a specific eye cream. Enter both Paula's new eye cream, and this one from Mario B...and I now have three products I can use around my eyes! Wow!! Wait...I've also found that the La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra works well under makeup; it's not heavy enough for overnight, but that's exactly what makes it great for daytime.

So, for the Mario B Hyaluronic Eye Cream, it's been working great, in rotation with the other products. I don't use it under makeup, prefer something lighter for that. Not fond of the tub, but use a clean spatula to get the tiny bit needed. This is really quite reasonably priced for an eye cream, and has not caused ANY irritation: no burning, stinging, itching, swelling...all the things that will make me abandon a product. And since a reaction may mean WEEKS of ugly, I am extremely cautious about what I put on my face, not to mention my eyes! So, high recommendation from me. Does what I expect it to, and nothing I don't want it to. Can't ask for more than that!