Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream

Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream

3.0

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

As far as hyaluronic acid goes, this is pretty nice for that effect. I typically have issues with hyaluronic acid drying me out and this stayed pretty moist. However, it was nothing special overall. I used it for a week and then threw out the rest of the container. I like the ceramide gel eye cream Mario Badescu has (the gel, not the cream). As I felt that offered even more hydration, but I never repurchased once I realized antioxidants and ceramides must be in an air tight UV protected container in order to preserve their efficency. MB packages all eye creams in a tub. Which is pretty nasty over time.

Too-long-didn't-read version: decent but nothing special, especially for the price. I do like that MB doesn't add in a million irrelevant ingredients, though.

on 11/25/2016 9:06:00 PM

I am on my third one...it is my hg. only 4 hippies because it does not do anything for dark circles. Super hydrating...much better than the glycolic eye cream. I would be truly mad if its discontinued someday

on 11/3/2016 7:40:00 PM

I got this as a sample and I decided to try it out. I am not one to really use eye creams because it's not usually one of my problem areas. What I did notice is that is does moisturize your undereye very well other than that I didn't see any major changes under my eyes.

If you are looking for hydration, I don't think you can do any better than this. It REALLY hydrates! If you are someone where the skin around your eyes feels tight and unmoisturized within a few hours of applying other eye creams, then I would urge you to try this alone or as a supplement to your other eye cream.

It doesn't seem to do anything for bags, puffiness, etc., and it also doesn't seem to help prevent wrinkles except to the extent that hydrated skin looks plumper and (hopefully) is less likely to wrinkle. But it's still a wonderful product for hydration, the best I've found, actually, and if it doesn't do enough treatment stuff for you, then I'd suggest coupling it with another product that does that. You could apply this eye cream first, wait a bit, and then apply your other eye cream.

It is unscented and didn't irritate my eyes, nor did it give me raccoon eyes. The price can't be beat!

I initially received this as a sample and ended up liking it very much that I purchased it. I tend to get dark circles under my eyes when i'm stressed out or not sleeping enough. Using this a few times a week (or when needed) has helped moisturize my under eye area without feeling heavy. I like the fact that it is aloe based and suitable for all skin types.

on 7/1/2016 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

I've been using this now for several months. I guess I didn't review it before this 'cause I wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

It's nice, now that more beauty companies are realizing that some (many!) of us are sensitive and don't want irritating ingredients in our cosmetics, there's more products that I can use. For several years, my go-to eye cream has been Paula's Choice Replenishing Skin Recovery Moisturizer...and yes, it's not a specific eye cream. Enter both Paula's new eye cream, and this one from Mario B...and I now have three products I can use around my eyes! Wow!! Wait...I've also found that the La Roche Posay Toleriane Ultra works well under makeup; it's not heavy enough for overnight, but that's exactly what makes it great for daytime.

So, for the Mario B Hyaluronic Eye Cream, it's been working great, in rotation with the other products. I don't use it under makeup, prefer something lighter for that. Not fond of the tub, but use a clean spatula to get the tiny bit needed. This is really quite reasonably priced for an eye cream, and has not caused ANY irritation: no burning, stinging, itching, swelling...all the things that will make me abandon a product. And since a reaction may mean WEEKS of ugly, I am extremely cautious about what I put on my face, not to mention my eyes! So, high recommendation from me. Does what I expect it to, and nothing I don't want it to. Can't ask for more than that!

on 3/26/2016 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff does nothing ! I just picked this because the reviews were ok and because it was cheap and I got what I paid for. I have been using this for the last few months and have seen no changes around my eye area they don't even feel more moisterized. I wish I would have shelled out the 10 extra dollars for the Khiels avocado eye cream.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This made the skin around my eyes puffy and irritated, gave me lines, and it was not a pretty site.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Being 26 I don't have a lot of skin issues yet so I really like this cream as something to help me before my fine lines get any worse. I had an issue of extremely dry under eyes after using the UD Naked Skin concealer and nothing helped but then I tried this and I haven't looked back. Seriously, in just 1 use it added so much moisture back into my skin! I had to play around with it for awhile to figure out how I like to use the product. You can't just swipe it on and apply makeup after. I generally only use this at night because it is so heavy. You only need the smallest amount (this tub should last me well over a year) and I first dab it onto the skin under my eye and let it absorb that way but then I go in with another tiny amount and let it sit on top of my skin and sink in over night.

EDIT: Updated review as of 3/16/16 - I noticed that this began to burn my eyes. I stopped using this for about a week and tried it one more time before returning. I really don't think looking back that it did much for my bags or lines under my eyes which is my main concern. It kinda stopped working as well and once I tried it again the burning came right back. I had to return it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Overall I really like this eyecream, especially for use at nighttime. It has done wonders moisturizing my eye area. I like the thickness of the cream.

My only issue with this product is the packaging. It's cheap, and if the bottle is stored upside down (which mine almost always is, since I carry it in a travel pouch) the lotion gathers in the cap and then leaks around the edges. I've used the excess that leaks on my neck and chest, but I think for the price a higher quality container would be better.