MAC Cosmetics #217 Blending

my father's nostril hairs

on 8/26/2016 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Best blending brush ever. A little bit expensive but i think it's worth it as i have been using mine for years.

on 7/29/2013 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am satisfied with this brushed, and have used it for every eye look since 2010.
Fits perfectly in my socket. I use this to apply crease color and to apply washes of color on the lid.
The white bristles stain easy and it is hard to remove. The positive with light colored bristles is that you can see how much color you have on the brush.

But I hae to say, this brush really delivers. It's worth shelling out a extra few dollars. This is my only crease brush, no need for anything else.

I would not repurchase, instead, I would try the Hakuhodo equivalent, J5523, which is said to be of better quality, since I don't want to support the brand MAC.

The silver letters were worn out quickly.

on 12/27/2012 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Easy to review on this... You need this in your life! lol

dense, yet fluffy, multipurpose goat hair brush.

(i avoided getting this brush for a loooong time bc i thought it was over-hyped and I thought I had many similar to it. truth is that this is a pretty unique brush that i absolutely love!)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First off, let me just say how good it feels to just stop looking for dupes. I've never purchased a MAC brush before this one but after reading all the reviews I knew this was completely worth it. Even those who have the Sigma E25 say it isn't exactly the same. This is a very soft but densely packed brush with a special shape that makes it multipurpose. I use it mostly for blending or placing colors in the crease but it also works in packing on eyeshadow on the lid or lightly dusting highlighter on the browbone. This brush taught me to just appreciate a good and unique product for what it is. It's an investment.

on 8/31/2012 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This was my first regular Mac brush. What I mean is my first Mac brushes ever were a Christmas special edition set. I've had this for almost two years now and I don't exactly remember what made me buy this but I'm VERY glad I did. This brush is soft and has SOO many uses. I use this to apply my lid color, my crease color, my highlight color, and to contour my nose. This can also be used to blend shadows together like for a smokey eye but I prefer my 224 sigma dupe brush for that. Some use this for concealer but I personally don't prefer that. My concealer is fluid and I just don't feel comfortable using a natural haired brush for that kind of consistency. However, this brush is great for powder and creams. I sometimes use this for cream shadow also (paint pots, color tattoos etc.) If I absolutely could only bring one eye brush with me somewhere and I knew I would be doing an eyeshadow look it would be this! You can do your whole eye look with this brush I swear. The quality is good and I haven't seen any shedding. Sometimes the bristles bend a tad to one side but you can easily wash it, make it straight again then let it dry. If you can only get one eye brush from MAC let it be this ladies.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Cannot do without this brush, its that good. Packs on product, applies easily and is soft. Easy to clean.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm really not an eyeshadow type of girl, I wear it maybe once or twice for the month. This brush blends my neutral eyeshadows and make it look very natural and bright. This is the only brush I will ever need for my eyes since it applies color to both lid and crease, and also blends. A must have for everyone.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is a nice soft brush that's good for applying eye shadow to the crease. After using the 217, I use the 224 (black windshield wiper brush) to blend everything out. I was looking for a good brush for my crease and this is it. I originally purchased the 219 (pencil brush) for my crease, but I find that the 219 is best for the inner eye corners and applying shadow to the lower lash line than it is for doing any work on the crease area of the eye. The brush does look a little more bushier after I cleaned it vs. when I first purchased it, but it does not affect the quality of the brush. I still love it and it still works well.

on 10/20/2004 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I know everyone uses this as a crease brush, but I've been using this to blend my under eye concealer and I have to say it's awesome! It's so soft which I like since the skin under my eye is so sensitive. I think I'll need to buy another to use on my crease as well.

Popular Makeup Brushes