MAC Cosmetics #217 Blending

#217 BlendingMAC 217 Blending Brush#217 Blending#217 Blending

4.7

my father's nostril hairs

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been a professional makeup artist for 6+ years and this is the best I have come across to date. I have tried many eyeshadow blending brushes, however, I always end up going back to this - Also a big fan of the #221 and #224 also by MAC Cosmetics.
Always have ample amounts of these brushes in my kit.

on 6/30/2017 3:59:00 AM

No no and one more time NO!.
the time when Mac was very good brand ..is gone :(
Since last few years Mac is more open for "normal-everyday make-up people and I have notices that all products are made for quantity not for quality
Foundations, blushes, powders, lipsticks, highlithers and brushes are worst than 10 years ago.
This brish is my biggest mistake! Hair is rough and scratches the eye,after wasching brush has distorted hair overall.
Later I have checked where is that produced....I dont remember good but in China or Bangladesh.
For almost 30euro you will receive weak product which is worth probably 3 $
I have bought it at Mac store in Holland so my brush is for sure original
Welcom in corporation world!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This brush is a true workhorse. I have hooded eyes, so I do buff my crease out and up quite a bit. The famous 217 blends like a dream and never feels stiff or stratchy. I have had mine for at least seven or eight years, and after multiple washings it still holds up, doesn't shed, and dries without the bristles being flayed. The handle and the ferrule are still in good condition as well with just the numbers worn off. I am glad that I purchased this, but if something happened to this one I'd pick up a dupe since MAC is no longer considered cruelty free.

on 4/4/2017 12:06:00 AM

I finally got this one, and Im happy I did. this is the best blending brush I've ever used

I like This brush. It applies colour in the crease well, it's blends well and you can even use it to apply shadow on your lid.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brush is essential, BUT, coastal scents and morphe (which both private label from Crown Brushes, meaning the brushes are the exact same they just have their names stamped on them) have identical dupes to this one. The morphe m433 is identical, I literally cannot tell the difference between the two other than the stamping. That being said this brush is awesome for blending, but mostly I use it to apply crease color and drag it in because it's really soft and diffuses any harsh lines. But I'd skip on paying the price on this one and get it from morphe instead for the same quality.

I will say though, the goat hairs on this brush as well as the morphe one really splits and the hairs splay out, which I hate. No amount of conditioning can fix that but I guess its just what goat hair does.

on 7/22/2016 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This brush is very good and deserves its cult status for the most part...but there are a lot of dupes out there that cost less. It's great for crease work and blends wonderfully. It is better than my fav dupe the Morphe M433.

I do have a soft spot for this brush but truthfully the Morphe M433 is close and less than 1/4 the price.

A must have for blending eye shadow!

on 5/2/2016 3:46:00 AM

Great blending brush.works great with powders not so great with paintpots which i apply usually with fingers when i use as a primer.very soft and very easy to clean.

on 4/19/2016 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Other reviews have mentioned this, but I will say it again: this brush is a game-changer. I have hooded eyes and have always had trouble making my crease colors look right. This brush makes it ridiculously easy - I mean I literally just pressed the brush into the outside corner of my lid and I was done. It's one of those things where I feel stupid for just now buying this brush. The tools you use really do matter so much. I've heard someone say it like this: you could technically paint your walls with a mop, but it will look much better if you use a paintbrush. I feel like the brush I was using in my crease before was a mop and the #217 is a paintbrush.

Popular Makeup Brushes