MAC Cosmetics #217 Blending

4.7

my father's nostril hairs

on 3/29/2018 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

One of my favorites and use it almost every day.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have been a professional makeup artist for 6+ years and this is the best I have come across to date. I have tried many eyeshadow blending brushes, however, I always end up going back to this - Also a big fan of the #221 and #224 also by MAC Cosmetics.
Always have ample amounts of these brushes in my kit.

on 6/14/2017 9:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great quality, have used this for years. Cool tool for my everyday makeup routine.
My handy makeup buddy!

on 4/4/2017 12:06:00 AM

I finally got this one, and Im happy I did. this is the best blending brush I've ever used

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I hate using the term "game changer" to describe something, but this is indeed that. It applies crease colors and blends out with so little effort. The first time I used this I was in awe because the contrast to my previous brush and this were night and day. I have a couple other similar brushes to this that work well too but I go for this one the most often by far.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Nope nope- average and doesn't blend half as smoothly as my soft and amazing purminerals brushes. Very scratchy and irritating to my sensitive eyes. Decent for application but not blending-or maybe the purminerals brushes line spoiled me for this. Also blending is a bit lopsided due to the brush shape (slightly flattened)

This brush is insanely soft and blends out anything. You can honestly use this for your whole eye shadow look or contouring nose, chin, and jaw. You can also use this for concealer and any cream products. I also have heard of using this for applying concealer and loose powder, especially under the eyes for a airbrushed finish.
It ranges for 21+USD to 45+AUD depending on your location, the highest I have seen in USA (authenic retailer) is 32$. Which is crazy and stupid, it even varies within Mac stores...It is one of the more expensive brands of brushes, but it is of legendary cult status. You will never use such a great brush. I think it's corny and I hate saying THIS but it leaves such a airbrush perfect finish. It will really step up your game. I often wonder how YT gurus got the eyes to look flawless and seamless, and itts cause they use this to bend, once you own a 217 you can literally can just tell who else uses it. It has a very special finish to it.
I knocked a star off because ALL real hair brushes from Mac lose a little of there shape the first time you wash them. WHILE distressing and annoying it can't be avoided by not ever washing them. Yep, I heard people only use the brush cleaner in a paper towel with the goat hair brushes to avoid the rogue bristles from flaring out. But, I just can not NOT wash them under the sink-if your a make up artist that seriously gross. You touch so many peoples faces, chest, etc and to me that's not cool. Ugh, skin cells and stuff.
The price I took off three because after researching realize it is different everywhere and they are pricey for a pinch of goat hair compared to like.. let's say a face brush that's 3x the amount of hairs.
And the packaging wtf mac seriously little open plastic sheets, I love Mac's packaging but for their best and most expensive products they are unbelievably cheap and useless. It bothers me that they aren't sealed so you know no ones has touched them or whatever.

Update-
I recently bought another 217 these are undupable!!! Nothing quite gives the same finish, and they get better after each wash!

on 8/26/2016 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Best blending brush ever. A little bit expensive but i think it's worth it as i have been using mine for years.

A must have for blending eye shadow!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not the biggest fan of this brush.
I guess it is a matter of taste. I like this brush for all over color washes, and that's it. For my tastes, it is too big, long and "imprecise" for blending, unless I am blending large areas, which is not very often since I like to do more detailed work. I reach for this brush only when I am in a hurry and want to do a quick wash of color on my lids.

Popular Makeup Brushes