MAC Cosmetics #217 Blending

4.7

my father's nostril hairs

on 3/4/2017 12:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail eye shadow brush. Takes so little effort to blend flawlessly.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This brush is essential, BUT, coastal scents and morphe (which both private label from Crown Brushes, meaning the brushes are the exact same they just have their names stamped on them) have identical dupes to this one. The morphe m433 is identical, I literally cannot tell the difference between the two other than the stamping. That being said this brush is awesome for blending, but mostly I use it to apply crease color and drag it in because it's really soft and diffuses any harsh lines. But I'd skip on paying the price on this one and get it from morphe instead for the same quality.

I will say though, the goat hairs on this brush as well as the morphe one really splits and the hairs splay out, which I hate. No amount of conditioning can fix that but I guess its just what goat hair does.

on 10/21/2016 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My favourite blending brush. Dense enough that you can apply product with it but still super fluffy and blends shadows out perfectly.

on 9/28/2016 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I thought I didn't need you, oh sweet MAC 217. I was wrong. Oh, how wrong I was. You filled a spot my H&M brushed just couldn't fill. I hope every makeup lover meets you one day, you magician at blending that I can use even without a freaking mirror. I love you MAC 217, and you were worth every penny

on 8/9/2016 2:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

No doubt this is the OG of blending brushes. But it is a bit pricey, considering the fact that there are many excellent blending brushes at drugstore prices on the market. I can look past that because of the great job of this brush.

However, I cannot ignore the fact that this brush lost its shape and started shedding after the first wash. I use the mildest baby shampoo (SLS and soap-free) which I have been using for years on all my brushes, high end and low end, synthetic and natural hairs. I make sure I wash the cleanser away from the brush completely, then I lay it flat to dry out. So, I am sure that the way I wash it is not what caused the brush to deform and shed. I still use the 217 though, but because it is MAC, a household name after all, and a bit up there in price, I expected more in terms of quality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I finally caved in to buy this. I tried other crease blending brushes but this one is easier to use. I went to Mac counter with no makeup on and I'm having horrible blemishes. I heard lots of horrible stories on customers being treated horribly for not wearing makeup at mac. So I went there woth no hopes up. Luckily a sales assistant noticed me and helped me. I washed this brush after using it for concealing and eyeshadow with ease. No shedding or staining.

on 4/2/2016 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If I could only have one eyeshadow brush this would be it. This is seriously amazing for blending eyeshadows and also good for applying eyeshadow in general. Best eyeshadow brush ever and lasts a really long time if you take care of it properly.

I love this brush. If I can only bring one brush to travel with this will be it. I work all of my eyeshadows with this brush and it still looks nice! I recommend everyone who does makeup to get this brush! The shape and size is perfect for my eyes and it isn't too stiff nor too soft to blend or pick up colours. I still remember the first day I got this brush and it totally changed my eyeshadow games

on 1/26/2016 7:21:00 PM

Love this brush and really contemplating getting a second one for back up. The brush is nice and soft and helps to blend out your harsh lines of your eyeshadow.

on 8/10/2015 7:35:00 PM

I could not do my makeup without this brush! 100% would repurchase in fact I own 3! It's my holy grail crease brush

Popular Makeup Brushes