MAC Cosmetics #217 Blending

4.8

my father's nostril hairs

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Buy it!
Having the right brushes really transforms your makeup look and you can blend to perfection. My brush has lasted me a whole year. It picks up a good amount of product. This is my go to brush and to be honest is really the only brush I use. Yes I understand that investing in this brush can leave you questioning to buy it but I do recommend.
The reason I gave a lower packaging score is due to it being given in a plastic wrapper and not a box or something, but then again it is a brush.
So if you are pondering, take it from me and buy it. Plus I love cleaning it because it goes really poofy.

on 4/23/2016 5:37:00 PM

All time favorite brush!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This brush is a must for anyone's collection. I use it for everything: setting concealer, blending eyeshadow, contouring my nose, etc. It's incredibly versatile and will last forever. I bought mine 2 years ago and it has never shed, even through countless washes. It's a bit pricey but is definitely worth it.

on 8/20/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

i've heard so many good things about this brush from youtubers, people on reddit and the reviews here and it made me a little skeptical. this brush can't be THAT amazing, can it? it's just a brush, right? WELL YOU'RE WRONG, OKAY! i got ahold of it and tried it out today with a berry toned halo eye and HOLY SHIT is it amazing at blending. i felt the bristles against my hand before i used it and it didn't feel any different from the blending brushes i currently have, which really made me doubt it if it was as big of a deal as people make it sound. but nope! this brush somehow manages to blend shadow absolutely effortlessly. i have no idea how. it's magic, i swear to god. before i would have to sit there and keep blending blending blending blending blending and 90% of the time it would still look like unblended garbage somehow. but this brush has changed my eyeshadow life. it takes only a few swipes of it over a harsh line of shadow and BAM! it's blended out flawlessly!

this sounds really overdramatic, i know. but this brush really is as big of a deal as people make it out to be. you NEED this brush in your life if you don't already have it.

on 7/22/2015 1:45:00 AM

I've wanted this brush for so long and I finally got it for my birthday, it started of more splayed than I would have hoped but it was still highly usable. It blends very well and it applies colour very well but for me the downfall has been after washing it I am so dissapointed the brush has splayed a ridiculous amount for the first time of washing. For me that is just not worth the price as I have had maybe 15 uses out of it before it's been half ruined. Will definitely look elsewhere for my next blending brush.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is AB-SO-LUT-ELY AMAZING. It feels SOOO soft against the skin, it blends eyeshadow like a DREAM. I have dark circles in my inner eye area and I use this to blend out my concealer as well. Absolutely amazing. I have to get more MAC brushes. This is my favourite brush ever.

Absolutely the best blending brush hands down. Blends out even the most difficult eyeshadows without feeling too harsh on the skin. The bristles are beautifully soft.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is more dupable than the 239 in my opinion, so I personally would recommend getting that one first as it has more uses and it just more my HG, but the 217 is an excellent MAC brush, as well. Beautiful for blending in crease color or blending out lid shadows. You will not regret purchasing it.

on 8/23/2014 6:22:00 PM

This brush is seriously life changing. The hair is so soft and gentle that it can turn even the cheapest of eyeshadows into a soft, beautiful, sexy look. The price can be a little uncomfortable for someone used to buying only drugstore brushes, but it is well worth the investment. I try to wash it at least once a week and it still looks brand new. If you are new to makeup or simply haven't had an excuse to pick this little baby up, I'm telling you right now that you need this!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I must admit.. I am guilty of not investing in makeup brushes and tools. I guess it is just not as exciting as buying the new palette out there. But that brush just makes every eye look smoother and more well-blended. For the lazier ones (like me) it makes the application so easy! Two swipes of the 217 and the shadows are blended and smoked out like a pro. Just try to really use it to blend not for the application. Never thought I would be that excited about a brush!

Popular Makeup Brushes