Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.8

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 12/20/2016 12:25:00 PM

This is horrible eye makeup remover!
Got this in a travel size for free, but i would never splurge and buy the full size. It took forever and a lot of rubbing just to remove mascara, it has a weird soapy consistency and it burned my eyes so bad! I would always get too much of the product on my cotton pad since the hole in the bottle is too big!
The only good thing about this eye makeup remover is the scent - nothing overwhelming but actually quite nice.

I would definitely recommend to just buy drugstore eye makeup remover - L'Oreals Gentle Eyes & Lips Makeup-Remover is really efficient and it's cheaper as well!

on 8/27/2016 4:56:00 AM

This is a great eye make up remover and I am surprised at such mixed reviews. I wear quite a bit of waterproof make up (eye shadow and mascara) and this remover did a good job at taking it all off. What I do is soak a cotton pad generously and let it sit on my eye for a 5-10 seconds to dissolve the make up before gently and slowly wiping. If you just go in and start wiping you will irritate your eyes and you will need quite a few swipes to get everything off. Then I clean my entire face with MaNara Hot Gel, a self-heating gel-to-oil cleanser that sits on your face as a hot mask for 30 seconds (opening your pores) then it turns into an oil as you gently massage it to remove make up. I use it on the eyes, too, even though I did not detect any traces of make up left after the EL remover. I like to always do a double cleanse, even for my eyes, and this hot gel is gentle enough to do that. Would definitely repurchase this, as it is gentle yet effective and hasn`t stung my eyes like other eye make up removers I`ve tried before.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product made my eyes burn, and seemed to be soapy more than anything. It didn't remove my Dior mascara, or even the Estée Lauder concealer I was wearing under my eyes, so I don't recommend this as a makeup remover.

on 12/4/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This eye makeup remover works quickly and effectively to remove all my eye makeup. It doesn't cause irritation. I need to use only a small amount on a cotton pad.

on 8/11/2015 9:04:00 PM

The gentleness of the formula is good for sensitive eyes (i.e. contact lens wearers, but make sure you REMOVE your contacts before using any type of makeup remover!). Perhaps the gentle formula is the reason why this solution is so ineffective at removing eye makeup, even non-waterproof ones.

You need a good three to four repeat cycles with cotton pads and scrubbing before you get 70-85% of your make out off, and your eyeliner will smudge all over the place like you're crying and forgot you can't rub your eyes.

Save yourself the dole and use olive oil and a cotton pad to remove eye make up instead of using this.

On the other hand, if you have purchased this and are stuck with the solution, it makes a pretty decent makeup brush cleanser. The formula is foamy enough to get the makeup to dissolve if you soak it for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water and brush over a clean white towel to see all the muck stuck to the bristles.

TLDR; not recommended for eyes, ok makeup brush cleanser.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I've just finished this and I have mixed feelings, it removes most eye makeup with a few swipes however it doesn't get rid of it all. It is however certainy gentle and never made my eyes sting, if that's what your looking for then this is perfect. For the price though I think there are better options out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This removes eyeshadow, eyeliner and waterproof mascara well. It takes a couple to three swipes to remove eye makeup, but I always go over the eye area more than once regardless of the brand I am using. Remover did not leave an oily residue, nor irritate eyes during my nighttime routine.

During my morning routine, before washing my face, will swipe around the eye area to remove possible remnants of waterproof mascara. This is the only time I had a problem with this eye makeup remover. On occasion, it would sting my eyes and only during my morning routine. Fortunately, the stinging didn't occur often and didn't leave my eyes looking like I had partied hardy. lol

on 4/11/2015 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is one of those products that people either love or hate. I'm somewhat in the middle leaning toward love. I've found this works well for removing most makeup, but is not good for removing waterproof mascara from lashes (although if you get it on your skin it removes well). I actually don't use this as my primary eye makeup remover and instead use it when I'm applying makeup to fix mistakes I make. I like to use this when I'm applying, because it isn't oily. It's $20, so I feel like it could be cheaper, but the bottles have a lot of product and at the rate I use it it works very well for me. I continue to buy this for the aforementioned reasons, but I could still recommend better makeup removers.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product generally inspires a great dislike or intense devotion bipolarity apparently. Meaning, either u hate it or it's ur HG lol. I'm of the latter. I keep getting these in PWPs so I've got a bottle spare & this bottle is half gone (I've got 2 bottles total; elementary math...), but I mainly use this for correcting mistakes w a qtip. I use the EL makeup remover towelettes for the hard work at night b4 retiring. This doesn't sting or burn. It removes the eye makeup quite well, it's very effective minimum of any negative attributes except price if I had to buy it. As long as I can get nice PWPs I will definitely continue to patronize this product. I would consider replacing this elegantly packaged product. It's superior to DS products I've tried & just not enamored w most DS skincare (exception: Noxzema, Seabreeze; & Clean & Clear but none of those products are suitable for using to remove eye makeup). Posh luxurious experience using this, really makes me feel old skool decadence of our matriachs' era of days-gone-by when EL came out w their youth dew bath oil an affordable option progressive women could afford themselves the luxury (i have this bath oil, perfume & deo); principally EL hasn't had much of an image makeover but that's just fine with me. Lancôme & EA et al. are suffering from the same lack of progressiveness appeal to younger customers, but the old ladies like me are the bigger spenders rather than investing in marketing & advertising geared toward Tweens keep it geared towards their mothers & grandmothers keep their interest piqued. :)

on 2/4/2015 7:40:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I like it very much. It's gentle and effective. Best I've tried.