Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover

2.7

Water, Peg-32, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Peg-6, Trisodium Edta, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben

on 3/22/2018 8:16:00 PM

The worst eye makeup remover. Even when I soak my cotton pad and leave on my eyes to melt the makeup... nothing. I still find that I have to somewhat tug on my skin in order to get the makeup off and that is a big no no. Will not repurchase and I now use this to take off my face makeup, but use another remover to remover my eye makeup.

First time user. This would not remove my waterproof mascara. Fine. The real problem is the next morning, my eyelids are pretty badly swollen, I will be throwing this away. I have never had an allergic reaction to any type of product my entire life.

on 12/2/2017 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Will I repurchase? Hell no, are you kidding... makeup is not decently removed an this product hurts/stings my eyes like hell.

on 7/30/2017 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Estée Lauder products but this was my least favorite it is not gentle it does remove eye makeup but it burns my skin I got this in a free gift set I would not purchase this .

HELP! THIS DOES hurt my eyes! For those who also said the same did you have to go to the ER? It's been hurting for an hour and I've rinsed and I'm trying to keep my eye tearing so it washes out. Eye is almost swollen shut. I am a huge fan of EL also and very surprised/disappointed - If I have to go to the Dr. then it's time for me to send them the bill. But I would prefer this just wash out with tears - someone input who has posted similar reactions please. thank you.

on 12/20/2016 12:25:00 PM

This is horrible eye makeup remover!
Got this in a travel size for free, but i would never splurge and buy the full size. It took forever and a lot of rubbing just to remove mascara, it has a weird soapy consistency and it burned my eyes so bad! I would always get too much of the product on my cotton pad since the hole in the bottle is too big!
The only good thing about this eye makeup remover is the scent - nothing overwhelming but actually quite nice.

I would definitely recommend to just buy drugstore eye makeup remover - L'Oreals Gentle Eyes & Lips Makeup-Remover is really efficient and it's cheaper as well!

on 8/27/2016 4:56:00 AM

This is a great eye make up remover and I am surprised at such mixed reviews. I wear quite a bit of waterproof make up (eye shadow and mascara) and this remover did a good job at taking it all off. What I do is soak a cotton pad generously and let it sit on my eye for a 5-10 seconds to dissolve the make up before gently and slowly wiping. If you just go in and start wiping you will irritate your eyes and you will need quite a few swipes to get everything off. Then I clean my entire face with MaNara Hot Gel, a self-heating gel-to-oil cleanser that sits on your face as a hot mask for 30 seconds (opening your pores) then it turns into an oil as you gently massage it to remove make up. I use it on the eyes, too, even though I did not detect any traces of make up left after the EL remover. I like to always do a double cleanse, even for my eyes, and this hot gel is gentle enough to do that. Would definitely repurchase this, as it is gentle yet effective and hasn`t stung my eyes like other eye make up removers I`ve tried before.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product made my eyes burn, and seemed to be soapy more than anything. It didn't remove my Dior mascara, or even the Estée Lauder concealer I was wearing under my eyes, so I don't recommend this as a makeup remover.

on 12/4/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This eye makeup remover works quickly and effectively to remove all my eye makeup. It doesn't cause irritation. I need to use only a small amount on a cotton pad.

on 8/11/2015 9:04:00 PM

The gentleness of the formula is good for sensitive eyes (i.e. contact lens wearers, but make sure you REMOVE your contacts before using any type of makeup remover!). Perhaps the gentle formula is the reason why this solution is so ineffective at removing eye makeup, even non-waterproof ones.

You need a good three to four repeat cycles with cotton pads and scrubbing before you get 70-85% of your make out off, and your eyeliner will smudge all over the place like you're crying and forgot you can't rub your eyes.

Save yourself the dole and use olive oil and a cotton pad to remove eye make up instead of using this.

On the other hand, if you have purchased this and are stuck with the solution, it makes a pretty decent makeup brush cleanser. The formula is foamy enough to get the makeup to dissolve if you soak it for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water and brush over a clean white towel to see all the muck stuck to the bristles.

TLDR; not recommended for eyes, ok makeup brush cleanser.