Laura Geller Spackle Under Makeup Primer

Laura Geller Spackle Under Makeup Primer
Spackle Under Makeup Primer

3.1

Water, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Dimethiconol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Lecithin, Bisabolol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

I have been a die hard smashbox primer girl forever. When I tried this I couldn't tell much difference but I wanted to know which was better for me so I did the ultimate test...side by side comparison. I wore smashbox on the right side of my face and Spackle on the left. At the end of the day I compared the results. For the record I have very oily fair skin. I feel like my world is upside down because I actually liked the Spackle better!!! All this time.....hahahaha. So to start the Spackle side was less greasy (I never realized how greasy smashbox was until I used them both at the same time). My makeup (foundation and blush) also looked better on that side. I took a tissue and lightly wiped each side of my face and the Spackle side gave up less of the makeup! I'm impressed with how much better this stuff is. I haven't used it long enough to know if it has any lasting effect...breakouts, sensitivity etc but will update if I notice anything

on 2/21/2016 10:57:00 AM

Spackle is a great idea but it didn't work for me. My skin tends towards being oily, and as such I found the spackle much too greasy. It didn't do anything to keep my makeup on all day, in fact it stays on much longer without spackle. My skin is sensitive and broke out from it.

To Read all 250 Reviews, Login or Join

DEFINITELY!! I WILL BUY THIS AGAIN AND AM VERY VERY PLEASED!! A++++
(once I compare this to mercier, I will update this to a 5 star if it is a better product despite her prices... and I really really really did not want to pay the amount of money for such a small amount of LM's product so.... the date is 1.12.16; I will update once I receive LM and list the date again ;-) )

I have poor skin texture and have struggled with this for some time (hubby says I don't but hey lol) Total honesty-- this product is the best I have found so far; I bought champagne and it truly brightens my skin (large pores etc.) and makes my skin feel like satin! I don't think there is a product out there that will make ANYONE'S skin 'flawless' but I never feel comfortable without at least a touch of base here and there b/c of my complexion. I bought this and Laura Mercia with a lot of hope b/c I have tried A LOT of primers from smashbox to rimmel to NP, all of which do 'something' to help. I have yet to compare this to the 'famous' mercia primer but I am beyond pleased with this product. Word to the wise: I tested this on my most problematic part first. The product felt 'wet' at first, which I was a little surprised about but I waited a few minutes and trust me when I say, "give this a chance to set!", b/c after a few minutes your skin will feel like satin and be smooth! Other primers I've tried either feel 'satiny' or on the sticky side... I imagine they are meant for different types of foundation either way I have not been impressed with many and have stuck with Too faced and NP, using TFPAP for the essential primer and NP for an under-glow; yet it's still a bit of an effort to use both to achieve the effect I need b/c of the different textures... a bit of a feat to do sadly. HOWEVER!! using the spackle in champagne--even after reading the numerous average reviews I have to say that as a makeup artist, this achieves a radiant effect with almost no effort! Suffice to say, I am happy and will purchase this product again. As to the negative and average reviews I read I have purchased almost every primer save Lg spackle and Merier's ... I know I know Mercier is raved but I am always cost effective and it has taken a lot of the reviews on here for me to even put out the cash for her product as I am not exactly a cult follower... BUT I have purchased her primer in radiance and will absolutely compare both of these products as I have held out simply b/c of the reviews and the cult following of Mercier products lol. ALSO -- I only used a tiny drop of this product and it comes in a generous amount! So knowing LM is IMHO costly for the amount of product, I will be comparing LG to LM in quality simply bc it's just not worth the effort of messing with products that are cost effective but lacking... but that is just me--I'd rather save and purchase a product that does the job than buy an inferior product ... so DEFINITELY!! I WILL BUY THIS AGAIN AND AM VERY VERY PLEASED!! A++++ (I've tried a LOT of primers lol)

1.19.16 updated to 5 after using LM's primer and was beyond disappointed...

on 12/17/2015 5:51:00 PM

Pros: It has a light, watery feeling texture which I like better than heavy silicone products. It does help with foundations that are too matte. Never noticed any breakouts related to this, but I don't wear it that much.

Cons: My makeup seemed to last the same amount of time, not sure it did much on the pore filling front, I think it is expensive.

I usually get this in kits. I don't think that it would do much for oily skin at all. For normal or dry skin it provides a smooth canvas for application, but if you are really dry you will need a moisturizer. Most days my Paula's choice sunscreen acts as my primer so I don't use it often.

on 8/5/2015 3:13:00 PM

I purchased a kit at Ulta, because I mainly wanted the Balance and brighten powder. Well I have been using this Spackle for a week and I have about 3 pimples on my face!!! So after reading that others are experiencing break outs as well, I will Discontinue use!! I love my Garnier 5 second blur a lot more!!!

on 6/13/2015 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Product made me break out. Tiny little bumps on my jaw line and sides of my face. Will be returning.

on 4/25/2015 9:37:00 AM

My mom got a sample of this and gave it to me as she only uses one kind of primer and won't change for anything. Not sure if it was a bad or old batch because it seems some what thick and many other reviews indicate that it's watery, hmmmm. Anyhow, used it for the first time the other day and found that it turned "tacky" on my skin after a short time. i was out and couldn't wait to get home to wash my face! I actually started wiping my makeup off with a napkin. Anyhow, to top it off my,chin is broken out! I never breakout and this was the only new item I used.

It makes my skin feel smooth, but other than that, what a waste! It does not make my makeup last longer. I've tried it under numerous foundations to no avail. I only use it when I accidentally have used too much makeup and look cakey. When I do that, then it helps smooth out the cakiness, but that's not worth keeping because I can use aloe vera for that. If you want a good primer, try Mary Kay or Urban Decay.

on 2/4/2015 7:24:00 AM

I received this in a recent set from QVC. I know this is meant to be one of Laura Gellerís star products, but I just canít see the big deal about this or primers in general.

This is a gel-like liquid which was easy to spread on my skin, and did seem to sink in quickly when applied. My makeup went on normally over the top of this, I didnít need to blend more like I have to do with some primers.

However, this made absolutely no difference to my makeup. I test out a lot of different products every day and my current BB cream (which doesnít last and I wouldnít buy again) had still vanished off my nose and chin by midday. It didnít make my skin more matte or more shiny, it just did nothing.

This primer made no difference to whether my makeup settled into my fine lines, and basically all it did do was add an extra unnecessary step to my morning routine.

I noticed that there is a new Spackle with SPF 30 which is much more beneficial to skin (the original Spackle has no SPF) so I might give that a try, but I wouldnít buy this one again and donít recommend.

on 11/5/2014 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Loving this primer very much. Been a Monistat Chaffing Gel (MCG) user for a couple years now and was never really impressed because my foundation didnt last that long.

This is how I imagine a primer to be. The type that sinks in easily and dries (gets tacky for lack of a better word similar to what happens when you apply eyelid primer and rub it in). I think foundation never held up well with the MCG is because of the silicone which has slip to it and if you have foundation and a base that slips then well you foundation will move around and does not last as long.

This might be my new HG.