MAC Cosmetics Cream Colour Base - Hush

MAC Cosmetics Cream Colour Base - Hush
Cream Colour Base - Hushhush cream clour baseMac Hush Cream Color Base on eyes, lips & cheeks

4.3

Octyldodecanol, Simmondsia chinesis (Jojoba) seed oil, Synthetic beeswax, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Silica, Jojoba esters, Copernica cerifera (Carnauba) waz/ Cera carnauba/ Cire de carnauba, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Paraffin, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl palmitate, Alumina, Polybutene, PVP/hexadecene copolymer, Stearic acid, [+/- Mica, Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), Iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue I lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470). Chromium oxide greens (CI 77288), Ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Red 28 lake (CI 45410), Red 30 lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), Yellow 10 lake (CI 47005)]

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This is another MAC item among many, that I had wanted since I was a teenager. I finally let myself buy it during autumn last year.

It is really a very good highlighter that is both subtle and makes you look lively/healthy. I really like it on my eyelids particularly under Jest.

The texture isn’t the absolute easiest to work with, by the way, so if ease of use is a big deal, you could use a sponge wedge to swipe it on. Or use a liquid or other cream highlighter that is easier to use. (If it’s just for cheeks, honestly some vaseline with a dab of a shimmer shadow/cheaper highlighter will do the same job. Just that this tone is difficult to find)
I’m trying to find bad points and that is the most I can come up with.

It was frequently used on the VS models (though I guess that they might have added shiny loose powder on top, for the cameras and longevity).

I am not sure how good the lasting power is on its own but set with blush or powder highlighter it is fine.

on 9/26/2018 1:14:00 PM

i thought this was going to be super dark on my nc20 c1 skintone but it is perfection. Its a cream version of soft and gentle. surprisingly its not too orange, its actually more pinky peach on my eyes and cheeks. i was going to get pearl but i feel that white gold look is very stark and fake. shell would be too pink. i much prefer a peachy rosegold glow.

This is a pearl finish, no glitter, its a nice wet sheen thats super natural on bare skin. i also love the texture too. its more emollient than the nars copacabana multiple. and easier to blend. also it is less shimmer than the nars. this works great for bare skin or over face and body foundation. id repurchase. longevity is short on the cheeks and it will crease on the lids if you have oily eyelids..

Edit- ive completely swapped away all my highlighters and came to terms that mac hush is all i need, although mac whisper of gilt do look tempting(probably will wait for xmas holiday packaging this year!)
++whisper of gilt looked so fake and tin man gold on my cheeks i hated it. Nothing can top the natural sheen Hush has.

Final 2019 edit - ive been reaching for Chanel soleil tan illuminating fluid in Sunkissed as highlight and i must say i feel its even better than the Cream Color Base. I never thought id let this one go but i guess ive graduated. This will still be my fav mac highlighter though!
Wont be repurchasing :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Right upon the application I thought it's the holy grail highlighter. It doesn't have any visible glitter or shimmer particles, it melts into the skin giving it an ethereal glow.
One hour passed, I look in the mirror, the glow was gone, and highlighter had settled in every micro line it could find.
I'm surprised that it doesn't perform on my skin at all.

on 6/10/2018 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE this product. It is HOLY GRAIL for me. I've been using this for over 10 years. It is creamy and easy to blend. The color is universal - It works with any makeup look I put together.

I love it because it looks natural its not chunky or glittery - its just perfect.
It melts into the skin effortlessly- you can use it with your hands ( which i always do) but you can also use a beauty blender to push it into the skin.

Price has increased over the years which sucks.
Packaging is perfect for pressing fingers or beauty blender into.
I am never without this product. I hope mac never discontinues it

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this while looking for a subtle cream eyeshadow for no-makeup look. It does crease on the eyelids so I try to apply lightly and avoid the crease. Looks gorgeous on the brow bone, Cupid's bow, and on cheekbones with or without blush. I love the cream-gel texture. It lasts through the day. The golden peach shade is universally flattering. I put it on three friends (pale redhead, brunette and Native American with mature skin). It looked great on all three.

I bought this to use primarily as a highlight. It's like a subtle peachy shade with minute golden shimmer. It's for those who either don't like their highlight frosty or just want a subtle shimmer. It's still shimmery so it's appropriate for night time party wear as well. You just have to build it up. Excellent on the lids as well, though it tends to transfer if you have hooded lids.

I wear it a simple eyeliner+mascara on the eyes. On the cheekbones I keep it simple- just enough to catch the light if I'm wearing a bold lip. If I'm wearing a glam nude kind of makeup (& hence, a paler lip) I use Hush as a base for a powder highlight.

For the deliberate no make makeup, I wear it over Becca's backlight primer & MAC moisture cover concealer under my eyes. Makes me look "lit-up" in just the right areas.

on 11/25/2017 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

So I’d been hunting around for a highlighter for a little while. I used to use Mac Cream Colour base in Shell but found the tones a little too cool, though it had lasted years and did the job. I bought the Laura Mercier face illuminator in Addiction after trying highlighters at every counter at DJs but after a few wears found it too yellow/golden and the powder distribution too hard to control and cakey over foundation, I tried Hailey Baldwin’s On-the-Glow highlighter but it was very sticky and white pigmented, I liked the idea of the Bobbi Brown Glow Stick but I found the pigmenting and shades were too understated even with a lot of application, you could barely see it. I’d given up and was about to buy the Mac Cream Colour base in Shell again when I saw this shade. Perfect perfect perfect. Lovely warm and subtly bronzed tone, with enough brightening/illumination to pop with minimal application. Will last ages and is small enough to fit in small makeup bag. I love it on cheekbones, inner eyelids, and Cupid’s now where it meets lip, and even on brow bone.

on 6/25/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I've had Hush for probably over three years now. When I originally bought it, I wasn't sure what to do with it, so it just sat. Seeing as I am a little more experienced with makeup and I'm on a bit of a highlighter kit, I decided to shop my stash. This baby is awesome!! I apply it to the tops of my cheekbones and it just gives the perfect silvery/champagne highlight. I apply it with a MAC 130, which is a duo fiber small domed brush (picture the MAC 109 as duo fiber) and it blends it out perfectly. I'm oily, so I tend to go for powder products, but I love the dewiness that Hush gives. I have also topped it w/ Becca Opal highlight to extend the life of my highlight and it's awesome! I'm glad I kept Hush around and now I'm tempted to try some of MACs other cream colored bases.

on 5/24/2015 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a beautiful highlighter!

One thing with MAC cream color bases, though, is that they crease terribly when applied on the eyes...even on top of a base!

on 7/12/2014 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is lovely. I went to my local MAC counter in search of blush, when I noticed these creamy looking pots that I had never seen before. The SA picked this one out, saying she thought it would look nice. (I'm between an NC25 and NC30 right about now) I am a highlighter junkie, but have been going mostly for golds and bronze-y highlights. This was around 8 at night, and my makeup was slightly oxidized and I was a tad greasy. She put some blotting powder on me, and then this on my eyes and along my cheekbones. I was pleasantly surprised! I don't know if it was the lighting MAC had, but my face looked so alive and fresh. Normally, I stray from cream formulas because I am so oily - but this looked so natural and pretty. On my face it pulls a smidge of a cool silver, but swatched and blended on the skin it's just a soft, slightly shimmery yet diffusing glow! The color looks like a pinky silver in the pan and on my face, but on my finger before its blended it's a lovely peachy champagne with a hint of gold. This did not fare well on my eyes, as they are far too greasy and this creased almost instantly. $20 was a bit pricey for a cream highlight, but I can't say I've seen any drugstore/lower priced similar items. I love how natural this looks - it's not super obvious - no blue purple toned pinks or straight gold. (Looking at you, Albatross and High Beam...)