Created with Sketch.

Reviews

Created with Sketch.
from

2 months ago

Makeup Geek “Beach Please” is a beautiful neutral matte eyeshadow whose color on the Makeup Geek site is described as “soft, cool tan,” and that’s accurate. But, given its name, I expected (and wanted) “Beach Please” to be more of a light sandy brown. In real life, though, it has a definite gray undertone, rendering it essentially a light taupe. I LOVE taupes, mind you, but I already own dozens of them, and this time I wanted a true brown. Color particularities aside, “Beach Please” is a great product: it’s silk-smooth, generously pigmented, blends readily, and lasts beautifully all day long over a primer on my very oily 55-year-old skin. The finish is matte, as billed, but there’s a barely discernible hint of a faint sheen(though no shimmer or glitter) that precludes any chalkiness. Eyeshadows like “Beach Please” are the reason I shop Makeup Geek often; they offer excellent, cruelty-free products at very reasonable prices. Like other Makeup Geek single eyeshadows, this one comes in a refill pan (some are round, some are square; "Beach Please" is square) that fits nicely into a Z-palette. Makeup Geek, please keep these new shades coming!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55