4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

Overall I give this a good rating – based on the way I have come to use it. I have dry skin with fine lines. I like a medium coverage foundation to even out redness. This foundation is not medium coverage. I don’t know that it is advertised to be. It might be able to be built up to be medium, but on my skin I prefer not to build up – it tends to emphasize lines and texture for me. However, for me this shines as a mixer. When I bought this, there were only 2 testers – one wayyy too light, one way too dark. So I took a best-guess, but the one I finally settled on is still quite a bit too dark. But mixed in with another more matte or thicker foundation, becomes amazing. The texture of the dream radiant is really nice. It spreads effortlessly and is quite smoothing. Mixed in with other foundations that are more long lasting, really compliments them, I still get a bit of radiance but also with the staying power I like. The pump is very very good, in my experience. If I just want a teeny tiny bit, I am able to dispense just the amount I want.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

a month ago

My skin: mature, used-to-be oily, now normal-occasionally dry, some lines, no biggies to hide, but I do like at least medium coverage. I searched up and down for a fdt. for mature skin suitable for my needs. Such a frustrating experience! 90% of said fdts. are too oily (not ALL mature skins are paper dry), too thick and sheer, too thin and sheer, OR too thick and masky, too expensive, colors way off ... you know the drill. Enter this little gem. The blurb says: "Dream® Radiant Liquid Foundation visibly improves the look of skin, giving you a natural-looking glow you’ll never want to take off. This lightweight foundation, formulated with hyaluronic acid and collagen, hydrates and smoothes skin while delivering a medium coverage foundation finish for the look of plump skin." True! Emphasis on hydration, not lubrication. On me, this spreads beautifully, with or without primer (I use my Morphe sponge, which I like as much, or more, than my BB). Gives me a very decent medium coverage, satiny finish, and does not look cakey, or thick, no sparkles or glitter to speak of. Now I'm a loose powder gal. Usually, I use a good bit of finishing spray (Makeup Revolution Hyaluronic Fixing Spray, and/or L'Oréal True Match Lumi Shake and Glow Dew Mist - LOVE both) to avoid looking like something out of Tales from the Crypt. I still use FS, but much less with this foundation. Lasts quite a bit. After some hours I look satiny, not dry, the fdt. still looks quite fresh, and my lines are not so obvious. Shade range: Ah ... Yes, just to prove that nothing is totally perfect, I was not thrilled with the shade range. Maybelline's website claims 20 shades, but I went to Walgreens and Ulta and did not find more than 14. I'm light, sometimes light-to-medium, with olive undertones. The colors that were available leaned pink or peach, and those allegedly more in my range were too ashy. So I bought two: 05 Vanilla (very fair) and 60 Sandy Beige (on its own too dark for me). I blend them and get pretty much a perfect match (^_^). It comes with a pump, so pump fans will be pleased. Price is $12.99, which some might find too much for a DS product, but I think it's reasonable. Conclusion: While I make sure I remind people that not everything works for everyone, I am more than pleased with this foundation. Please, Maybelline, don't discontinue it, or worse, reformulate it. I hope it works for others as well as it worked for me.

About reviewer (702 reviews)

Age56 & Over