3.0

Reviews

3.0
Created with Sketch.

3 months ago

I picked this up in two shades, and while I enjoyed using them there are some issues that made me dock a couple of stars. This is a lite coverage concealer with a nice subtle shimmer to its finish. I was surprised that it was a sheerer formula because Kevyn Aucoin base products are usually pretty full coverage, or at least buildable to medium coverage. This concealer does not build well, despite its thicker consistency. It easily blends out with a finger or sponge, but the coverage is very lite. I could see discoloration and spots through it. While it doesn't build well, it layers nicely over foundation. The gentle shimmer is really beautiful along the cheekbone. This, however, applied poorly under my eyes. I don't even have dry under-eyes, but this concealer turned it into a prune. It applied nicely over the rest of my face, but the eyes were a big regret lol This definitely sets very dry, which was fine for my oily T-zone. With the exception of the under-eyes, this wore nicely through the day. I bought the shades E01 and E02 with the intention of mixing them, but they did not match their online swatches from the Kevyn Aucoin website. E01 is a pale shade with a prominent yellow undertone. They're sheer enough that you can blend them out and there is leeway on the shade matching, but the E01's yellow is very strong. These were okay concealers. You do get a lot of product, and the light reflection is very pretty, but I feel that I have better concealers in my collection. I don't mind sheer coverage, but I do like the option to build over my problem areas, and the under-eye application was ghastly.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age36-43