MD Forte Facial Cleanser II [DISCONTINUED]

MD Forte Facial Cleanser II [DISCONTINUED]
Facial Cleanser II [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Active Ingredients: 15% Glycolic Compound (a PH-balanced Mixture Of Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Glycolate, Purified Water And Higher-molecular-weight Oligomers Of Glycolic Acid). Inactive Ingredients: Purified Water, Ammonium Glycolate, Glycolic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

FYI: brand has been rebranded as VIVITE and is only available through dermatologists. I guess the glycolic acid percentage content was too high to be bought without prescription.But I have seen it on amazon, so not sure if it is the real products. This is the info I've received from multiple dermos who were familiar with MD Forte.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

It's too bad that this brand has been discontinued as I really enjoyed using this glycolic cleanser. It is creamy in texture and leaves my skin feeling clean but moist. It packs quite a punch with a whopping 20% glycolic acid and it often tingles upon application. I leave it on for a few seconds before rinsing. It has helped greatly with my uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation. I moved on to the 30% cleanser before the brand was discontinued and now I'm on the look out for dupes/alternatives.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I hope MD Forte never discontinue nor change this product. This has been my HG cleanser for so many years, and I can't believe I am only now getting around to reviewing it.

I developed acne in my early 20's and feel like I tried every specific acne treatment I could get my hands on. Even now I will spot a new product and give it a try, but ultimately end up coming back to the MD Forte II cleanser.

This is a smooth soap free liquid, which you only need a tiny amount to massage into your face and neck. I apply this to a dry face (after removing my make up), massage it in for a few minutes and then rinse off. Originally I used this am and pm, but now only use this as my night time cleanser.

My only regret is I didn't discover this from the beginning of my battle with acne.

I have combination skin which is quite reactive when certain products aren't suited to it. I never had any adverse reaction to this product.

I totally recommend this to anyone who is having problems with cystic acne, blemishes, or blackheads. If you aren't used to glycolic products this may sting a little at first but as your skin gets used to it you won't notice it. If you want you can build up to the MD Forte II cleanser by starting on the MD Forte I cleanser. Make sure you moisturise after use.

My skin responds well to AHAs and this is a great basic AHA wash. I used 3-4x per week along with an AHA lotion and the results have been great. I like that MD Forte offeres different levels of glycolic compound, so you can find the right balance for more sensitive skin or skin that needs more exfoliation. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging (a pump and a sleeker bottle would be nice), but I'm far more interested in the results from the product--which are great.

classic product that i always come back to for many years. i ADORE it and if its ever discontinued i'll suicide.

i always can tell a difference in my skin when i use this stuff. it gets all the dead skin off (i use tazorac so i get a lot of flakes) and leaves me with a really healthy glow.

as other reviewers have stated, you put this on dry skin and let it sit until you feel the sting. then wipe off gently with a damp face cloth. i generally only use at night in the shower.

i have combo pasty sensitive skin with a history of acne and this stuff works better for me than cetaphil and other gentle products out there.

please baby jesus, never let md forte discontinue my beloved cleanser...

I skipped over using the facial wash I and went to level II. I apply over dry skin and leave on for about 2-3 minutes and rinse. It does sting at first, but goes away when rinsed off. I love how this makes my skin feel soft and evens out my skin tone. Some people may say, glycolic cleansers are a waste of money, but those same people are clueless to skincare and its effects. Glycolic cleansers are recommended to remove or release dead skin cells. This also stimulates collagen reproduction. Great stuff!

ETA: slight change to my review, my derm said this was too drying for my skin. switched to a different brand of wash, but a glycolic wash was still a recommendation of theirs.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I keep coming back to this cleanser. I started out with level I, and even though my skin is pretty sensitive, this doesn't bother it besides slightly stinging. It definitely helps my dry skin turn over faster, resulting in less flakes - they come right off. I am also using Sage Smoothing Cream (12%) at night and spf 30 during the day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am used to applying BHA at night for my acne prone skin. Since that didn't cleared my skin up enough, I switched to AHA to see if that would work better. I had high hopes for this one, since the good reviews on MUA. My skin is used to daily 2% BHA, so I started with the II-cleanser right away. I use it twice a day, morning and evening. In the evening I apply it on my face and wait a minute or two, than wash it off. After half a minute it really stings, so now I am diminishing the time I keep it on my face, otherwise it is too irritating. After I wash it off, my face is smooth and soft, but a bit irritated, so I apply a light moisturizer over it.
In the morning I wash my face with the cleanser and my Clarisonic. Afterwards I apply the level II lotion from MD Forte.
In the beginning I thought I saw a little improvement on my blemishes, but now, after three weeks of continuous use, it did not make my skin clearer, nor does it prevent new blemishes. In fact, I believe I have more blemishes now than when I started.
Since I had to order it from the US (I live in Europe, where they don't sell MD Forte), I paid heavy shipping costs $15, in addition to the original price of $28. In total this product is really not worth my money. Maybe it needs more time before I can give a final opinion, but since it was that expensive, I am finishing the bottle (which is quite cheap looking for this price) and leave it with that.

I started using this cleanser about a month ago and for the first week or so I starting seeing amazing results. Pores were smaller, pimples were fading. I wasn't 100% clear but it was definitely improving. BUT then my face started breaking out and hasn't gotten better since. When using the cleanser now it doesn't feel like it's doing anything. I'm not sure if I'm using it right or if I should upgrade to Cleanser III.

I like this product. It does not remove any make up, smells funny and is expensive but if definitely improved my acne. However, after 2 months of using it, I think my skin has gotten used to it and I might have to upgrade to the cleanser III