Tweezerman ILash (Eye Lash) Comb

4.7

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Wow, 4.8? How the heck did this thing get this rating? Sure, it does a great job of separating your eyelashes, as long as you don't mind running the risk of blinding yourself every time you use it. I was just inspired to write this review after a few times using this lash comb, because a few minutes ago I wasn't paying attention while folding it closed and my finger was in the way. It actually gave me a deep, profusely bleeding puncture wound on the top of my middle finger. And you're supposed to put this thing near your eye? I don't want to pur it near any part of me!! I love Tweezerman, but this lash comb is seriously on my list of worst beauty tool ideas EVER. The price and packaging quality were fine, but I'm rating them 1 because this lash comb should NOT have anything pushing its rating up.

First of all, I don't think it's a particularly good idea to put anything this sharp near your eyes. I scratched the inside of my upper lid and I feel fortunate because it could have been worse.
Aside from the ridiculous risk of blinding yourself, it doesn't even work particularly well. I have better results when I simply wipe the excess off the wand before I apply my mascara.
I'm surprised that they let me on a plane with this evil thing.

Jabbed myself badly with this. Mascara wand type brushes work just as well if not better.I don't think this is a good idea.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't like it at all.
I only buy clump free mascaras and was using it rarely when something got wrong. I have short lashes and when I have issues those issues are usually happening with the bottom lashes. It's very difficult to use this comb on my very curved bottom lashes without touching the under eye skin. This stuff is painful!
I also tried to used it to brush my eyebrows - disaster and pain! I'm a careful person but there is no way I can go through my eyebrows without touching the skin. I had it for a year and finally tossing it.
Maybe it works on upper lashes and makes clumpy mascara look better, but I don't buy clumpy mascaras and this product is useless to me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this years ago and had to retire it because I actually couldn't get it through my freshly macara'ed lashes AND I stabbed my finger but good with the damn thing. But I recently found myself without any old spools sitting around to comb out clumps and I pulled this old thing out. Then I was inspired. As I was cleaning the dried old mascara out of the teeth, I pulled some of the teeth out so that there is more space between them. For me, this makes this comb useable. The teeth actually go *through* my lashes, separating them from each other and removing clumps. But yes, I still have to be careful!
*******EDIT********That's it. I accidentally poked my lash line with this little MF and then a bump formed, and the next day all of my lashed in that spot were gone. Oddly, they regrew but then fell out again. It's been 6 months. I knew I had to be careful, but accidents still happen.

The comb itself is great...nothing better than a metal comb. But as soon as you clean the metal 'teath', which you need to do quite often to remove mascara buildup, they fall out. I've bought several tweezerman eyelash combs and they all do the same thing within a month or two: the teeth fall out. Rubi & Millie metal eyelash combs are much better...they hold up to cleaning year after year.

hmm, interesting idea, so i picked one up today, havent tried yet but it looks cute to me.

**update**
I finally realized this was useless to me....i only bought it for all the raves. i'd rather use a washed mascara wand.

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!
DO NOT use this while sitting on your bed and your husband flops down beside you as a joke and it scratches your cornea and you are in terriffic pain....
yes, it was my fault, so no lawsuit. I'll tell ya, giving birth twice without drugs was a cakewalk compared to a scratched cornea. Yikes.I got 15 Vicodin for my trouble...but I digress.
I was always scared of this sucker anyway. Yea, it works great, but I think i'll stick to my old standby, a clean mascara wand. Safer that way, yes.

.....Pros: Separates lashes, removes clumps and excess mascara. Has gold-plated teeth to resist rust; it folds to protect the comb.

.....Cons: Can remove more masara than you want it to.

.....This lash comb is good for someone who wants a natural look. If you use a volumizing mascara or if you like to use a LOT of mascara, the teeth of the comb are so close together that they can squeegee the mascara right off your lashes!

.....Even though it's Tweezerman, the plastic parts are very lightweight and kind of flimsy. That might not matter, because a tool like this doesn't get a lot of wear and tear... but I was hoping for a sturdier item.

I got a Tweezerman metal eye lash comb a couple of years ago. Yes this metal comb is very very handy when it comes to seperating the lashes, I also used it for trimming my eyebrows.
However, those teeth fell off easily!!!!!!!!!! After about 1 year, (during which I never used it on a daily basis, plus how violent can I be using it combing my lashes and eyebrows???) those teeth started to fall off....... the glue just didn't seem to hold those teeth anymore. Initially a few teeth fell of, and eventually everything just fell apart. I just wish this product was made stronger.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools