Tweezerman ILash (Eye Lash) Comb

4.7

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

PREFACE: THE FOLLOWING REVIEW IS WRITTEN BY A STROKE SURVIVOR WITH IMPAIRED VISION AND THE USE OF ONLY ONE HAND.
I'll admit, I was VERY nervous the first time I used this because, as others have mentioned, the comb's teeth are needle sharp.

However, I didn't have a bit of trouble, though my hand trembled slightly.

I applied my usual coat of MAC Prep + Prime ( infamous for causing clumps), combed through, applied UD Skyscraper mascara, combed through, and applied a light final coat of waterproof mascara to "seal," and combed through.

That's a lot of layers, though admittedly I may have gone a little lighter on the mascara than usual.

At any rate, the end result was long dark ABSOLUTELY CLUMP FREE lashes. It really wasn't even apparent that I was wearing mascara.

How great is that?

I hope to never be without this little wonder again!

After about a year's worth of use (during which I did not blind or otherwise injure myself), my lash comb had lost enough teeth that I considered a new one necessary, so I ordered another. I intend to keep right on buying these; I can no longer imagine successfully wearing mascara without one of these little marvels.
continued >>

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

If you wear mascara, and I assume you do, you need this product. I also assume you may already own a few lash separating tools...perhaps some old mascara brushes you've cleaned out, some combs...(this is makeupalley, and I'm fairly presumptuous.) however, this is the one product that will give you the defined lashes, even if its $10 price tag is a bit higher than the average bear's. Or lash comb's.

The...needles? (I literally do not know how else to define them,) are SO SHARP--more than that, however, tweezerman has placed them closer together and used more of them to make this comb nearly identical to using an actual sewing needle to separate your lashes, which is what they do on the sets of mascara ads.

Yes, you read that correctly. Needles. Be VERY CAREFUL with this tool. Tweezerman is no joke (I also presume you've used the tweezers, right?) and their products are sharp. The lash comb also takes some maintenance. Careful maintenance, or it will rust or you will pull some "needles" out.

Use it and maintain it properly, however, and ye shall have wonderfully defined lashes anytime you need.

My sister stole my eyelash comb once. I kicked her in the face.

Just kidding. HG of everything there ever was in regards to beauty tools. Can't live without it. I honestly am dependant on this thing it's quite depressing

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This eyelash comb is the Bomb! It separates the lashes better than anything I've ever tried. Plastic lash combs never did the trick and I would always end up using a pin. But BE CAREFUL with this as it is basically a row of pins. Very sharp but safer and faster than using a a pin. It is also easy to remove the row of pins from the plastic and clean out. I use hot water or rubbing alcohol as needed.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I order these in batches from Ulta or Amazon. This is BAR NONE the best eyelash comb on the market! Once you get comfortable with the idea of a metal lash comb (though what is there to stress about really, given all the tools/implements we already put near the eyes), you will never use anything else. The metal teeth separate lashes even under the toughest conditions. They also clean easily, though be careful not to soak the comb or pull at the teeth too much, as doing either will loosen the glue and the teeth will come out. The folding case means no cap to lose. I keep one in every makeup bag as well as some in my main stash.

If you have a hard time finding it, it also goes by Tweezerman iLash Comb.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Bought mine at London Drugs in Vancouver in 1998. Still using the same pair. Disinfect with isocol (any pure alcohol) - rinse with water and dry for 10 seconds with a hairdryer. You'll never need anything else.

Audrey Hepburn's make-up artist used to separate every single one of her eyelashes with a pin... three coats took nearly 30 minutes.

This takes 10 seconds Worth every dollar, even if I'd paid $200 for them!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

**PIC INCLUDED**

Why anyone would bother to manufacture and sell other kinds of lash combs, I will never know. Once you try this one out you will NEVER go back. The plastic ones are pretty pitiful in comparison. The bristles on this are very sharp, which is what allows for maximum results when separating lashes and removing clumps. I use it like a rake going upwards over all my lashes (when the eye is open) and use the first couple bristles at the end to separate the little clumps of lashes stuck together individually, from above the lash line (the fact that the brush bends at an angle is especially helpful in that aspect). I have this comb and another one about half the size, with a flat, rounded handle to keep in my portable MU bag. I don't know how I ever did without it! It is an absolute GODSEND!

The pic I've included is to illustrate how well it separates the lashes (especially the lower).

continued >>

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

If I had to pick between this and not eating for a week I'd pick this metal lash comb, it's that great! I had my first one (the original white one) from ages thirteen up until a few months ago when I lost mine during moving, which by my experience means that this eyelash comb will last you forever. It might be a bit pricey but honestly how much are you paying for spoolies you can only use once and don't even work that well? If you've bought five packs of spoolies at sallys you've already spent the cost of this eyelash comb.

This is what's used to separate lashes for mascara ads, so if you want that false lashes look better get this!

The only probable issue I see with this is how sharp it is, though it shouldn't be a concern if you're using it correctly. The way I use this is by putting this at the base of my eyelashes and going up with it. The only way I can see this being a hazard if someone were to use this to go down towards their eyelid not away from it.

Cleaning it is easy enough. I use a makeup remover wipe to clean it after every use and soak it in a makeup brush cleaning solution and rinse off every Sunday. Just be careful when cleaning it so you don't pull the teeth out and to be extra cautious in regards to what liquids you're using to clean it so it doesn't rust.

Best money I've ever spent, tweezerman doesn't play around.

I carry this with me everywhere. Along with my passport and lipgloss, this thing's been to probably the same number of countries.
Before I bought one of these babies, I used to use an old toothbrush, but that wiped away more makeup than declumped. I wouldn't buy it again, unless I lost it. In which case there would be lots of crying involved, a tantrum or 2, and credit card waving.
I find the tines are the only ones small enough to actually get between clumped eyelashes to separate and declump properly. Have no idea how anyone gets anywhere with cheapie plastic ones - please teach me your secret if you have one!
Cleaning tip: I used to soak a cotton pad with eye makeup remover until one day a tine fell out! Argh! Now I'm a lot more gentle about cleaning it. This may sound silly, but dental floss works a treat. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I could replace almost any cosmetic or make up brush that I own but I never want to be without this metal lash comb. I use it every single day after each coat of mascara. Every once in awhile I have thought I lost this and feel panic. Nothing else I have ever used separates my lashes so perfectly. I need to buy a back up. I honestly never want to be without this comb.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools