Created with Sketch.

price range

Reviews

Created with Sketch.

2 months ago

Skin background: Oily, acne prone, scarring, sensitive/ reactive, large pores, fair with warm-neutral undertones.
 OVERALL RATING: 4.5/5
 COVERAGE: A little bit of this goes a very long way, and it is definitely a high-medium coverage. I am not sure if I would say 100% full but if you have a lot of scarring or pigmentation that you prefer to conceal I think you can achieve an almost-full coverage look with this foundation if applied in VERY light layers. They say to start with 2 full pumps but I honestly don’t think you need quite that much.
 FINISH: This is definitely a matte finish, but I also wouldn’t necessarily say it’s a “flat matte”. There is some life and skin-like qualities to the finish which I appreciate.
 TEXTURE: Although it is called the “lava water” foundation it is not overly runny, but it is not thick either. I would say it’s a pretty average liquid foundation consistency.
 SCENT: There is some fragrance in this product, but I tend to be more forgiving with makeup (if it is in my skincare then it’s a no go for me because fragrance sucks). It personally doesn’t bother me.
SPF: None
 LASTING POWER: Holy. Guacamole. This stuff wears BEAUTIFULLY! I am very oily all over my face, not just my T-zone. I put this on at about 7:00 am, went to school for 5 hours which involves a lot of physical activity, then went to work where my store was a complete shit show (don’t you just love working retail during the holidays?). I didn’t take my foundation off until about 9pm. Was it completely perfect and immaculate at the end of the day? No. But I think I can honestly say it lasted better than ANY other foundation I have used in quite a while.
SHADES: I originally was gifted the shade 15, which will match me great in the summer but was just a tad warmer than I like for the winter so I purchased the shade 12 instead. Overall they have fifteen shades and I do think it would be wise for the brand to expand that a bit more.
 PRICE: $39 for 1.18 fluid oz which is more than the average amount you get for a foundation, PLUS such a small amount of product goes so far. It’s honestly a great deal.
 DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope, so far so clear!
PACKAGING: Alright lets be real here- I think anyone who got their hands on this foundation was initially drawn to it for the packaging. It’s too cute for words.
 WOULD I REPURCHASE?: 100%
 FINAL VERDICT: honestly I can’t believe I’m saying this, if you look in my profile you will see that I have reviewed SO MANY FOUNDATIONS! But... fam I think this is the one. My holy grail. Great value, great packaging, great wear, formula, and coverage. What’s there not to love?

About reviewer (202 reviews)

Age19-24