Bumble & Bumble Super Rich Conditioner

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Bumble & Bumble Super Rich Conditioner
Super Rich Conditioner

3.9

Water Purified (Aqua Purificata), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 7/14/2017 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm truly on the fence about this. While it did great in the shower, I didn't see any lasting effects beyond the shower. In the shower hair felt moisturized and detangled with good slip. It took very little to get hair to this point in the shower, making the higher price tag not so insane (I estimate I'd get 2-3 months per 8.5 oz bottle). Where it all went to mediocre was once rinsed. Even with a quick rinse, it felt completely washed out and left none of the moisture and slip from application. Hair didn't necessarily feel dry and crunchy, but it didn't feel soft or smooth either. I did have nice waves using this, but hair was indeed more coarse and dry feeling than with other brands (even drugstore). Frizz was down, but only when wearing in its natural state. When I tried to heat style or even put in a bun, I had frizzies everywhere. Overall, because hair didn't feel great and became more difficult to manage because it wasn't softened and moisturized I would not repurchase. I may or may not return this (or I might keep it for my ultra fine haired child). If you need a light, few ingredient conditioner, this might work well for you. If you truly need a super rich conditioner that provides moisture and softening, I don't think this will give you what you need, unless you have fine hair. Three stars for mediocre performance that wasn't great, yet wasn't awful.

on 3/5/2016 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've bought this several times over the years but I don't always repurchase it immediately because of the cost: eight ounces for $27. However, I sometimes buy the two ounce bottle for $10 when I'm going on a trip.

I had been using Nexxus Humectress as my daily conditioner for two or three months. Humectress is okay, but it was letting my color-treated hair turn to straw, so I decided to step it up a notch, and picked up a bottle of Bumble & Bumble Super Rich Conditioner at Sephora. This works better. After using this conditioner, my hair no longer feels like straw and it's not frizzy. I do recommend rotating this with another conditioner. It can be too rich for daily use, depending on the state of your hair.

It's not my favorite scent. It's kind of a synthetic floral, but it's not the worst, and it doesn't leave fragrance in the hair after you rinse it out. The best-smelling conditioner Bumble & Bumble offers is Creme de Coco. That one smells like coconut cream pie.

INGREDIENTS:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Distearate, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Fragrance.

on 11/13/2014 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This conditioner rinses clean, smells great, has great slip. The packaging is convenient. Why didn't I like it? Because I think it rinses off 100%, :(, because when I get out of the shower and comb it, it is like if I had not put any conditioner. Strange because in the shower it feels super creamy and luxurious. Oh well...wanted to like it!! Took off two lippies, one for price and another for performance.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Bought a small version if this after getting a free sample of it and liking the result.

My hair is very long, a little dry, lacking in shine and easily tangled. So needs a rich product like this one.

It has a buttery texture and leaves my hair softer and shinier.

The only downside is the price - very expensive!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this!!! Perfection in a bottle for us baby fine wavy hair gals. Detangles like a dream and leaves my hair soft and healthy. I can literally feel this instantly get rid of those snarly tangles. Only downside is the steep price tag. It's totally worth buying the big bottles.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this sooo bad. I love the matching shampoo, Gentle. But this does nothing but detangle my hair and give it a lovely scent! I loveeeeee the scent, but it doesn't moisturize my hair at all. I can see where it would work well for others, but it just doesnt add the moisture to my hair that I need. I will say that even though it's pricey, its very concentrated and you don't need much. I think that this conditioner is just a matter of hair type, so it's worth a shot to try.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a very picky shampoo/conditioner person. My HG is Trevor Sorbee shampoo/conditioner which I have to special order in gallon containers because its so hard to find. I've used it for 20 years. However, my salon carries this and I thought I'd treat myself. It was okay. It left my hair feeling thick in the shower (almost like there was residue when I know there wasn't). Maybe it is just my water which is city water and not unusually hard or soft? I would use this once a week as an alternate conditioner because I would use the b&b shampoo to clean off my usual shampoo residue. It didn't leave my hair unusually soft and it made it harder to get a comb through my long hair after the shower. My hair felt heavy, oily and blah in less than 24 hours of the shampoo. It did this every time. I will not be purchasing again. Scent was nice though.

on 9/11/2009 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Love, love, love! Like the reviewer below me, I have dry, curly hair. Only a small amount of this conditioner is needed to smooth my hair down to the ends and the smell is lovely--fresh, sweet, and creamy, like the smell of their curl conscious line.

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

This stuff is excellent for those who suffer from dry hair. I have fine, curly/wavy hair that is very long and requires lots of moisture as I am constantly traveling for business. I have tried everything from Aussie/Pantene to Fresh/Phyto/FFekkai and this is one of the best! My only other favorite is Fresh's Meadowfoam Cream Conditioner, even more expensive.

A little goes a long way with the Super Rich Conditioner so take a little time when dispensing it through your hair. You do need to rinse well until the water runs clear. You get what you pay for and this one is a winner for my hair.

on 9/1/2009 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this conditioner, I have a friend who uses it and I love the smell of her hair. WELL...WAS I DISAPPOINTED. It is thick and creamy, but it didn't help my hair at all as far as conditioning. It left it frizzy and a tangly mess! Sorry to say, it is not worth the money, the AUSSIE DEEEEEP conditioner I bought at the store for $1.99 does a MUCH better job. I will not be repurchasing this.