Bumble & Bumble Super Rich Conditioner

Bumble & Bumble Super Rich Conditioner

Water Purified (Aqua Purificata), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Butylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Fragrance (Parfum)

on 3/5/2016 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've bought this several times over the years but I don't always repurchase it immediately because of the cost: eight ounces for $27. However, I sometimes buy the two ounce bottle for $10 when I'm going on a trip.

I had been using Nexxus Humectress as my daily conditioner for two or three months. Humectress is okay, but it was letting my color-treated hair turn to straw, so I decided to step it up a notch, and picked up a bottle of Bumble & Bumble Super Rich Conditioner at Sephora. This works better. After using this conditioner, my hair no longer feels like straw and it's not frizzy. I do recommend rotating this with another conditioner. It can be too rich for daily use, depending on the state of your hair.

It's not my favorite scent. It's kind of a synthetic floral, but it's not the worst, and it doesn't leave fragrance in the hair after you rinse it out. The best-smelling conditioner Bumble & Bumble offers is Creme de Coco. That one smells like coconut cream pie.

INGREDIENTS:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Distearate, Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Fragrance.

This is my HG condition and shampoo combo. It literally saved my hair which was extremely dead and dry from years of heat exposure. My hair is now soft and smooth! Although this is recommended for coloured hair, I still have my natural colour and I love it. I don't care too much for the packaging but I would 100% buy again

To Read all 214 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/23/2016 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I finally decided to try this product after months of having salon personnel recommend it to me on my numerous shopping excursions, i.e. on my quest to find conditioners that really do work. I am surprised and happy to state this is one of the best conditioners I have ever tried.
My hair is waist length extremely thick, very curly, dry, tangle and frizz prone, naturally black but lacking shine. This did an excellent job moisturizing my hair, leaving it soft to the touch. It left my curls smooth and nicely defined. I was also impressed by how shiny my hair was, which is a really rare accomplishment out of a rinse out conditioner... Now for the cons... Although it does leave my hair frizz free, I don't think this formula is heavy enough to do the same in cold winter weather. Even so, it does such a great job in all other aspects that this can easily be remedied via a leave in during harsher seasons/rainy and windy days. Last but not least: This is sooooo expensive! While I have an arsenal of other products which far exceed this price point, those are deep once a wk type products so they last forever and a day, making the purchase price feasible. But this stuff? $27.00 for 8 oz?! Yikes... that's not a good deal for us long and thick haired gals who could easily go through this in less than 2 weeks. But guess what? I surrender to it and will just use it every other day in order to keep buying it, because well, I do believe it's that good.

I HIGHLY recommend this product, esp. if you deal with any of the same struggles as I do or have a similar hair type. I can honestly say I like this more than any Alterna products, and also more than the Its a 10 rinse out or deep conditioners. I think that says a lot for this product and brand.

HG! One of the best conditioners, ever. Years ago I bleached my hair to a white blonde. It was breaking off, a complete mess. This saved it. A little goes a long way and the scent is so yummy. Would buy by the gallon!

I don't have anything bad to say really other then it's no better then drug store conditioner and cost and arm and a leg. I really don't get how it's "super rich"

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I'm not sure how a conditioner managed to do this but Super Rich left my hair feeling tangled, crispy, and dry. There wasn't any slip, and I could barely get a comb through my hair while it was still wet in order to detangle. I got all of this, with the added bonus of smelling like a baby's diaper, for only $27. For 8 oz. Derp.

on 1/5/2015 10:44:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not a bad conditioner. Gives my hair slip, makes is shiny and soft. Rinses out well. I don't like the smell - like a chemically enhanced chamomile, too strong IMO.

on 11/26/2014 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Since B & b discontinued my beloved Leave In/Rinse Out conditioner, I decided to give this one a try. Wow! I'm impressed. I have curly hair and although I have a lot of it, it's on the finer side. This left my hair shiny, with a lot of body, and flat ironing it was a breeze. This probably would not be a rich enough conditioner for anyone with coarse or dry/damaged hair, but for anyone with normal or slighty dry hair, it's fantastic!.

Edit: July 24, 2015 - sadly, this isn't working for me. I think the dimethicone is just too much for my hair. It started to get really coated and lackluster with repeated use. If your hair tolerates silicone well, this might be for you. I've changed the rating from 5 lippies to 2

on 11/13/2014 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This conditioner rinses clean, smells great, has great slip. The packaging is convenient. Why didn't I like it? Because I think it rinses off 100%, :(, because when I get out of the shower and comb it, it is like if I had not put any conditioner. Strange because in the shower it feels super creamy and luxurious. Oh well...wanted to like it!! Took off two lippies, one for price and another for performance.

on 9/16/2014 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I got a liter on sale at my local salon. I had just got color and highlights, and my hair felt a little dry and brittle. I had also just spent a small fortune on Aveda liters (Dry Remedy & Damage Remedy) but they weren't quite taking care of the dryness. So I gave SRC a shot. Wow I was surprised with how well it moisturized my brittle hair. I even left a small amount on the ends as a leave in. My hair blew out very smooth and frizz free. I don't particularly care for the scent, but it will do. I would buy again b/c its cheaper than Aveda!