3.0

price range

Reviews

2.0

18 days ago

Last year I was very into the RMS Uncoverup concealer and LOVED the texture so I snatched the foundation up when they released it in the fall. Loved the potted packaging, it felt very utilitarian and retro and simple. The trouble is, eventually I found out that the coconut oil in both the concealer and foundation products were giving me both superficial acne and deep, cystic acne breakouts. The foundation looked like a STEAL compared to the concealer -- $52 vs. $38 for a whole lot more product. The way this foundation melts into your skin feels like a dream, and the dewy finish after a few hours of wear is to die for. But, painful acne is never worth it. The adage "beauty is pain" does not apply here, especially as it wrecked my skin and I'm still fixing the dark scarring left behind. Coconut oil is highly comedogenic, so I would use this at caution if you're interested in trying.

About reviewer (205 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

2.0

4 months ago

This is a thick cream foundation formula. Only a very tiny amount is needed and in my experience the best way to apply it is to use the included spatula, put a tiny amount, maybe half a pea-size on your finger and dot it all over your face, using your fingertips to warm the product up and aid in spreading it on your skin else it will be difficult and heavy looking, VERY HEAVY. I use my fingers to work it into my skin in a tapping / pressing / gently rubbing motion and once it’s sheered out a bit, use a blending sponge to help press it into the skin. I have dry skin and this can look pretty dewy unless I set it with powder but it can also accentuate any dry flaky parts of your face so the only time I can use this is when my skin isn’t both dry and dehydrated. The longevity is also not the greatest, I find it breaks down much faster than I’m used to. In my opinion you need to have near perfect normal skin to use this foundation, and if your skin is near perfect you probably wouldn’t reach for this product anyway. There are far better foundations on the market and at much more affordable prices.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

from

4 months ago

I was hesitant to buy this at first given all the rather negative reviews- mainly due to wear time and excessive oil issues. As someone with dry skin, however, I shouldn’t have been alarmed. I would say that this is not for oily skin but you should be able to get away with it on normal skin, normal leaning dry, and dry skin. Shade OO is perfect for my pale, neutral skin. In fact I think it’s the best shade match I’ve ever had in foundation as it blends so well with the shade of my neck. Usage: I scoop out with the metal scoop and put it on the back of my hand and then go about throwing on mascara, combing my brows, etc. sometimes I’ll moisturize ahead of time but not always. If I do moisturize I try not to use anything emollient like an oil. I like cerave because it drys down to a matte skin like state once it’s rubbed in. I also use Glossier sunscreen beneath this. After a couple moments on my hand the blob, usually the size of a M&M gets warm and liquidy. I think this is a very important step in the process. I dot it on my face from here and blend out with a large buffing brush. It blends like a dream at this point because the heat has had time to activate the oils. It spreads well and on first layer it does cover a good deal of redness and small issues. I usually take a little on my finger and pat it over larger blemishes a couple times. I get about 4-6 hours out of this before I can see its worn off my pimples. That is usually the only part that’s worn off by that time. What I’ll usually do is just use my fingers to dot and blend back over the zit. Sometimes it works well, other times not. That’s the only negative I’ve found to this is that it will uncover your zits pretty quickly but, to be fair, it’ll keep the rest of your face looking pretty marvelous. Overall I am very impressed by this foundation and glad I have skin that works with it! I’ve attached a couple photos to show wear after a 4 hour day out in the pouring rain, running from store to car, grocery shopping, eating, etc. nothing terribly strenuous but the weather. Update 12/10- My favorite way of using this foundation is the Wayne Goss Tips for skin like foundation tutorial. I take two pumps of cetaphil to moisturize and then a pump and a half of squalene and rub it into the skin. Super moisturizing and leaves the skin glowing beneath makeup. Then, I take only a small amount of the foundation and a contour of some sort ( Top is Chanel #21 cream blush). You just dot it along the face really messy, hit your cheeks, chin and forehead with the bronzer cream, and then stipple it all together. At the end you take a single ply tissue to draw out excess oil, powder chin and forehead, and voila the most incredible foundation. Hit it with a beauty blender for an extra dose of skin like goodness. Somehow this has gotten better at staying on my acne, I don’t know how, but it’s adhering better. I think it might be the weather changing - it’s colder here now- even with the oils on my face.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

from

4 months ago

This is a new product from RMS Beauty and not to be confused with their concealer/foundation as this is a true foundation and a great one at that. I am fortunate that they make a pale shade that works for me as 000 is wonderful on my NW-10 and lighter skin tone .... I find it more neutral as there is no yellow or pink undertone. The consistency appears as "thicker" but yet only a small amount is needed and it is very creamy and spreads easily. I have played around with this item and I learned that less is best as I did make the mistake of adding too much but yet it still went on nicely and I find that regardless of the amount I use, it does not go on cakey nor settle into pores and fine lines. I have only tried this product by using Patrick Ta's glow body oil on my face as a primer and I found that it paired nicely with the "un" cover-up cream foundation .... the coverage of the foundation can be built up to a good medium coverage and the coverage looks natural and did help a lot with covering my chin discolorations ..... I was able to use this product without pairing it with a concealer to hide my discolorations and after applying the foundation, I only set my chin with a face powder and the foundation looks great.

About reviewer (457 reviews)

Age36-43