Created with Sketch.

Reviews

Created with Sketch.
from

2 months ago

I grabbed this in the store and put it in my basket without first asking for the price. Would I have bought it if I had known it was $52? Hmmmm. Good question. I have no answer for that. Either way, it’s mine, and I love it. A soft, gorgeous, shimmery, muted lilac with specks of glitter - I used primer and still had a little fallout but I don’t care, because even the fallout is beautiful. For me, it’s a much too sparkly shadow to do the whole lid, but it works over top of eyeliner that I smudge around my eyes first. The color is deeper and more noticeable or brighter depending on the color of the liner. It also works if you do a soft taupe over the whole lid and then use your finger to dab some of this in the center of the lid. Color payoff a little better with a damp brush or fingertip. Staying power is decent. The shimmer and sparkle adds a pretty gleam to the eye area. I think this is a new release of about 6 muted shades, all shimmery/sparkly. The shadow itself is stamped with a tropical looking leaf pattern. Each shadow has a photo of an endangered animal, Dusky Lilac has a pangolin...the other shades have a lion, rhino, cheetah, elephant, and a giraffe. 5% of each sale goes to a foundation to help each particular animal. So there you have it - $2.60 of my purchase of this gorgeous but ridiculously over priced eyeshadow is helping to save animals, and that’s a good thing. Now....will I buy more of the available colors? I have been thinking about it....so, there is a good chance I might. Crazy, I know, but what can I say??

About reviewer (391 reviews)

Age44-55