Bumble & Bumble Gentle Shampoo

Bumble & Bumble Gentle Shampoo

3.9

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Glyceryl Stearate Se, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium-11, Glycerin, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Bisulfite, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorphenesin, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance.

on 7/14/2017 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

So I have been looking for a shampoo that doesn't strip hair squeaky clean, but still cleanses. This, unfortunately, was too stripping. Although it is advertised as gentle it has some harsh cleansers and definitley stripped hair. Hair didn't feel terrible, but didn't feel good either. Felt dry rather than light and airy, and felt stripped rather than cleansed. I purchased something else as fast as I was able and will return this when I can. If you have already smooth hair that doesn't take much moisture or special care, this would be fine. If you are prone to frizz, have curls/waves, or have dry hair steer clear. You won't end up happy with this. I gave 3 stars because it's not a bad shampoo per say, but it isn't exactly gentle. This was also incredibly overpriced for what it is. I've been much happier with drugstore products and other "salon" brands that cost a lot less.

Just as advertised, this is an extremely gentle shampoo. It comes out of the bottle as a creamy white gel that lathers really well in your hair, and feels almost like J&J's 'No more Tears' shampoo for babies. I like that the scent is also very mild and non-irritating. However, I don't think that this does a great job hydrating your hair. I used this with the the Super Rich Conditioner and my hair did come out really soft afterwards. I picked up the smallest size bottles for traveling, and this was perfect for what I needed it for - a temporary travel product that I wouldn't normally use every day at home.

on 8/15/2015 1:01:00 AM

i duno wat is so gentle about this shampoo that makes my scalp extremely itchy after just one wash.....i was scared to give it another try..

on 10/17/2014 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Well... Loved it very much at the beginning. It lathered well, my hair didn't feel too dry but did get a little tangled. Smelled herbal. Not great but not bad. Seemed to be doing the job. With time I noticed my hair becoming more oily, limp, yet frizzy? My scalp is so itchy I can't stand it. Unfortunately I must be having a reaction to something in this shampoo because my scalp is itchy and my hair feels wet, but I blow dried it... It's just that oily (and I only use conditioner on the ends. Super rich was too rich evidently (and I use rich stuff usually). And this somehow still made my scalp oily and itchy. I have been wearing my hair up since I wake up with flat, oily, unmanageable hair... :( My hair is color treated, fine texture and medium thickness. This is only the second time I can even remember a shampoo treating me this poorly.

on 9/18/2014 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

To start with, I have thick yet fine, coarse hair that is regularly colored. Because I have a lot of wave and crazy cowlicks I blow-dry, straighten and use a minimum of 3 styling products regularly. While I understand the concerns some have about "harsh detergents" such as sodium laureth sulfate I have found that I need a shampoo that will a) get all the junk out that I've put in each day b) leave my overstyled hair soft and manageable. Bumble and Bumble has the only products that has achieved this thus far. I pair it with the Super Rich Conditioner.

I would reccommend this to anyone who has dry, damaged, fragile, chemically treated, coarse and afro textured hair! There is not one complaint i have about this product! Its as gentle as babys products and if your scalp is sensitive to product this definitley is a go to for you! Ill post a link below going directly to the website so you can get your moneys worth for the product!

on 8/22/2013 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

This is a pretty good shampoo and lives up to its name of being "gentle". My hair is soft and shiny and doesn't have that squeaky-clean feeling post-shampoo, which is how I determine whether a shampoo is too harsh. It has a light fresh scent, similar to that of the Bb Styling Lotion or Thickening hairspray. However, I would prefer a SLS-free formulation, and think that I can achieve comparable results with a shampoo from a natural line, like Avalon Organics. For reference, I have fine, non-color treated, slightly wavy hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Never really liked Bumble & Bumble shampoo until I tried this guy! For reference, I have long, color-treated hair and although my scalp isn't particularly oily, I like to wash my hair everyday or at least every other day. (I know, I'm terrible! Just love that freshly washed feeling.)
I wash twice and then follow up with the B&B Super Rich conditioner and my hair looks, feels, and smells fab! It doesn't make my hair color fade prematurely either, which is a huge plus!

on 1/24/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

This shampoo was recommended by a hair stylist at a high end salon. I have mature hair that is double textured: kinky, curly and wavy along the front hair line forehead and sides. The crown and back areas have nice body with normal texture and wave. This shampoo works fine in those areas, but makes my hair dull and lifeless around the front hairlines that is fuzzy and curly. I also stopped coloring and highlighting my mature hair, thus it is natural gray, so this may be too strong for virgin hair.

Along with B&B's Seaweed, this shampoo was a "no go" for me. I am assuming from the mostly positive reviews, this product works best on thicker, chemically treated hair given its creamy consistency. Not a bad shampoo and it smells nice. Will use as hand soap or in the shower.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Super lovely product, really helps keep the frizz down for me. It smells lovely, and you only need a little bit. I wash my hair every other day, and it does a fine job of keeping my hair looking nice and shiny on the nonwash days. :D