Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup
CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating MakeupCG Smoothers All Day Hydrating MakeupCG Smoothers All Day Hydrating MakeupCG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

Best foundation I’ve found in a long time! I’ve used Revlon Colorstay for combination/oily skin (even though my skin is quite dry, the combo/oily formula worked great for me) for several years but the most recent bottle I purchased had been reformulated and it became streaky upon application and cakey if I tried to fix it. I tried Benefit Hello Flawless but found it a bit thick, and the coloring just wasn’t right for my skintone, even though I tried two different shades. The CGSmoothers hydrating makeup really does make my uber-dry skin look and feel more dewy. My only complaint how light the coverage is. AND it doesn’t seem to be very buildable...although my foundation application skills are not great. I plan to keep using this until I find something that works better. And I’ll update this review when I do!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My winter skin's extremely dry lately. Thought this would help, but all it's done is made my face itchy and get tiny little bumps. Also, don't get why Soft Honey is way too light as it's what I usually buy in CG products for half the yr. It won't blend in and leaves a chalky white cast. I'll stick to CG Luminous or Ready Set Gorgeous foundations.

on 2/17/2017 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I should have tried this much sooner. Although I do not find it to be particularly hydrating, it is a medium-thin liquid that has light-to-medium coverage which is sufficient to mask redness but you will need a concealer for blemishes. To achieve medium coverage, I found applying with fingers a must. This blends so well that you can pat on extra in needed areas and it easily blends in. I do apply it over a moisturizer and set with arrowroot powder.
Pros: nice color selection (I use Classic Ivory which is more neutral than yellow for my NC15 skin tone)
does not add texture
not prone to settle in fine lines or pores
oxidizes only a little which is fine as the color I use runs light
wears better than expected when set with powder
natural-looking and not cakey
does not break me out
good price and easy to find
hygienic container

Con: no sunscreen

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is pretty good. It's middle of the road, extra light coverage foundation that doesn't settle in fine lines or slip on the face into a mess. It will stay put without being high maintenance and needing lots of touchups.

The problem is that it's only sheer to light coverage, which I wasn't expecting. Also, I had to buy Buff Beige, which is too light for my NC30 (currently) skin tone. I couldn't buy any of the darker shades because the cool tones are like pepto bismol pink (well, not really but you get the point), and the "warm" tones are orange!

I'm sorry, but I do not want to look like an oompa loompa. It seems like Cover Girl does this a lot, although some of their foundation lines are better than others at offering shades for traditional warm, neutral or cool skin tones. Very few people I know are orange or pink. You'd think they would've figured this out by now.

on 12/23/2016 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my go-to foundation for an natural everyday look. I have very dry skin fair skin with freckles. 705 ivory pretty much is my exact skin colour, with pink undertones. :)

It isn't particularly hydrating, but it isn't matte. I would say that this foundation gives a natural finish, it looks like a second skin. It is SHEER coverage, more for evening out the skin tone than covering acne/scars/etc. Due to the sheer coverage this foundation doesn't cover up my dark freckles or make them look ashy.

It's best to set this with translucent powder if because this foundation can become slightly shiny throughout the day, since it is not a matte finish. I do recommend using a primer if you can to provide a flawless look, but I wore this for 1 year without a primer and it was still great.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have not only very dry skin but acne prone skin. It has been a struggle finding not only the right skin care routine for me, but finding a foundation was a nightmare. It was either dry flakes or break outs, or BOTH. Cg Smoothers by cover girl boasted on the bottle that it was hydrating and on the back said it won't clog pores. So of course, after returning another failed one, i purchased this cg smoother.

It works! I wash my face and moisturize first, then without a primer (because i haven't found one for my skin type) I apply this foundation with a damp beauty blender (I squeezed it in a dry towel to make sure it was truly only damp) and with it poured onto the back of my hand, it blends beautifully. Now, yes, it's not "full" coverage but I've found that i can dab a 2nd coating onto blemishes then very lightly blend it out. This covers them while maintaining a natural like appearance. I've used this for 6 months now and I've had no sudden outbreaks or flaking at the end of the day.

If you're like me, dry skin and acne, this foundation works.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This provides very little little coverage. I actually think it has less coverage than some BB creams I've tried. I have very dry skin which is why I bought this, but it got really shiny on me. My boyfriend thought I was sweating even though I wasn't at all. I wish I hadn't bought this.

on 6/6/2016 4:06:00 PM

This is a foundation I would recommend to people who aren't very experienced with makeup or who want to do the "barely there" look. If you're looking for full coverage, do not reach for this! I think it's great that it doesn't peel off or create dry patches, but I was really looking for more coverage and this just didn't deliver.

I believe this was my first foundation as a teenager. Good for beginners or people trying make up for the first time. Not expensive. Easy to apply.

on 7/3/2016 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to base for leading nature walks in SoCal where I want natural coverage for my oily skin, while sweating a lot. It goes on smooth over heavy Neutrogena sunblock and lasts for hours.