Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup
CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating MakeupCG Smoothers All Day Hydrating MakeupCG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is pretty good. It's middle of the road, extra light coverage foundation that doesn't settle in fine lines or slip on the face into a mess. It will stay put without being high maintenance and needing lots of touchups.

The problem is that it's only sheer to light coverage, which I wasn't expecting. Also, I had to buy Buff Beige, which is too light for my NC30 (currently) skin tone. I couldn't buy any of the darker shades because the cool tones are like pepto bismol pink (well, not really but you get the point), and the "warm" tones are orange!

I'm sorry, but I do not want to look like an oompa loompa. It seems like Cover Girl does this a lot, although some of their foundation lines are better than others at offering shades for traditional warm, neutral or cool skin tones. Very few people I know are orange or pink. You'd think they would've figured this out by now.

on 7/3/2016 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is my go-to base for leading nature walks in SoCal where I want natural coverage for my oily skin, while sweating a lot. It goes on smooth over heavy Neutrogena sunblock and lasts for hours.

To Read all 241 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/6/2016 4:06:00 PM

This is a foundation I would recommend to people who aren't very experienced with makeup or who want to do the "barely there" look. If you're looking for full coverage, do not reach for this! I think it's great that it doesn't peel off or create dry patches, but I was really looking for more coverage and this just didn't deliver.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This provides very little little coverage. I actually think it has less coverage than some BB creams I've tried. I have very dry skin which is why I bought this, but it got really shiny on me. My boyfriend thought I was sweating even though I wasn't at all. I wish I hadn't bought this.

I believe this was my first foundation as a teenager. Good for beginners or people trying make up for the first time. Not expensive. Easy to apply.

on 10/31/2015 10:43:00 PM

This little tube of liquid foundation is perfect for traveling. Flat tube and hygienic tip. And it makes my winter skin look soft and evenly toned.

on 9/23/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Covers well . I have been using this for 2 years .

The color (cgsmoothers) CREAMY BEIGE is HORRIBLE! It is creamy 'orangey-tan' at best! I have light-ish (kinda washed-out skin color). I have been wearing the "creamy beige" tint/color produced by CoverGirl for years and years and it blended perfectly. I have found there might be a very, very slight variation to the color "creamy beige" foundation when you try different Cover Girl foundation product lines, but this time, IT IS RIDICULOUS. I put on CG's Continuous Wear Creamy Beige and the CGSmoothers Creamy Beige on each side of my face... the CGSmoothers side looks like I've been rubbing up against George Hamilton! Back to the makeup counter for a REFUND and I will NOT experiment with another CG color!

on 4/30/2015 1:13:00 AM

Clogged my pores like crazy. I have never really had any problems with my pores or acne, but after using this I have bumps all over my face. I stopped using it and they disappeared. Apparently they clogged because of the cheap ingredients (mica and waxes). Definitely going back to higher priced foundation!

on 3/24/2015 4:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is awesome. You really don't feel like you're wearing makeup. The coverage is light. However, I can get medium coverage if I go over my face twice with a makeup sponge. I love the squeeze bottle. And most importantly, the color is spot on. I actually used the Cover Girl website to find my perfect shade. Their app helps you pick products and shades depending on your age, skin type, skin tone etc. They recommended "Classic Beige" at first, but I knew it would be way too dark. However, the undertone looked right. So, I used their app again, but I dropped my age a category, and the shade results were all lighter for some reason. Maybe most fair toned women my age sunbathe or something? Whatever the reason, this time they recommended "Natural Ivory" which looked much lighter, but still had a pink undertone. Normally, I wouldn't have bought this shade either. I would have bought the lightest "Ivory" shade available, but I decided to give their recommendation a try. Low and behold! It's perfect! I don't have that ghost look I sometimes get with foundation. It doesn't look yellow or orange. If you're fair with pink undertones and find the lightest shade of foundation is sometimes too light, this might be a good option for you. I know I'm very pleased. I'll definitely repurchase.