Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Concealer

Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Concealer

3.2

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (0.5%, Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Cyclomethicone, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Polysilicone 11, Quaternium 90 Bentonite, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Farnesol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Matricaria), Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylparaben, Aloe (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Cetyl Lactate, C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Retinyl Palmitate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Did not help with blemishes but I didn't think it really would either.
It looked very unnatural on the skin and also became cakey looking.

on 11/24/2015 10:36:00 AM

So far so good. This product has really helped me out! I began breaking out horribly after having my iud removed (complete nightmare, btw!). Anyway I needed some major coverage so I bought a tube of this stuff. At first I was not so impressed. The applicator is completely useless. The instructions say to blend outward for "seamless coverage" but this sponge material just smeared it all over and didn't cover squat! I gave up after a few tries and then decided to try it again. This time I dabbed with the applicator and then blended with my finger. It takes more time this way but it works so much better than that darn sponge! After about a week of doing this everyday, I noticed a huge difference! Big pimples were healing a lot quicker and small pimples were gone even quicker! Just as a side note, I dont recommend using this under a mineral powder foundation as I did. The powder seemed to adhere to the concealer, making it very noticeable. I use this with a bb cream that contains salicylic acid and its been working out just fine for me. I put the BB cream on first, then dab the concealer, then set it all with the neutrogena skin clearing powder. Again, pretty time consuming but it gets the job done so I can't complain!

To Read all 132 Reviews, Login or Join

This concealer looks cakey and unnatural. It accentuates the dried skin around my acne caused from my acne medicine. It costs too much for the tiny amount of product in the package.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for about 3 months now.

Pros:
-Cheap
-Color matches nicely to skin (or at least mine does)
-Does NOT break me out (a HUGE plus because most concealers break me out like crazy. This is probably the only reason I continue using this concealer)

Cons:
-Tends to get cakey very easily AROUND acne and sometimes it just does not cover up my acne...
-Packaged with a sponge on top of for application, which is so unsanitary because it's near impossible to wash. I use a Q-Tip to take the concealer off the sponge and apply it to my face.

Overall, I plan to use this product up until I finish the tube. I said I would repurchase but it's more of a maybe...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I loved this. I would dab on a tiny bit over problem areas, set with a powder, and then be off. The formula is a liquid in a twist up tube - so when it runs out, just pop off the top and there's a good deal more product to be had. Definitely buying again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I can honestly say there is NOTHINg about this concealer that I like. First off, the color selection is terrible. There are only 4 shades. 4 shades simply will not work for every skin tone...Come on. If you are extremely fair or have a deep complexion, I doubt a color from this will even match. The price isn't great either. You get a super small amount for around 10 dollars...And the packaging is unsanitary. You use the same sponge everytime. No thanks. Not only that, but the concealer itself sucked! It didn't cover up my redness. I noticed a slight difference, but that's it. It also looked extremely cakey and not natural at all. Plus, it made my skin PEEL and made my acne WORSE! I would add this on healing pimples that were flattening but left a flat pink scar, and it made the pimples come up again?! (I have oily combination, extremely sensitive acne-prone skin btw). After discontinuing the use of this product, my pimples have flattened and are now returning back to normal. I would NOT recommend this product. However I will say everyone has different skin, so you can try it out if you'd like. It might work for you! Good luck!

on 12/27/2011 11:18:00 PM

Its pretty good. It isn't oily & it covers pretty good. one of the best concealer I used so far.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Okay, so I got this with the foundation to clear some blemishes.. It did clear up the blemishes, but it also irritated my skin, made it red, and did not necessarily do a good job at concealing the zit. If of anything, it made it more obvious, even though the color I got matched up perfectly with the foundation shade. The problem I found with it is, it does not blend. At all. It's like those too-thick, too creamy concealers. It covers up the problem, but it's impossible to blend and looks obvious. In short, this is another product that failed me. Oh well, there's always more.

I really like the way this covers. I wouldn't say it really clears my skin but it doesn't make things worse. Whenever I have a really big zit I use this stuff and it helps it blend in with my foundation so you can't even see it. I'm using it in Fair 05 and think it is a little dark for my super light skin. If I wear it w/o foundation you can see it. When using foundation over it, its better.

This concealer turned out to be a decent buy for me. It covered my blemishes really well (which is what I bought it for), but I was really turned off about how little product comes in the tube. If you plan on using this product every day as I did, it will run out quickly.

I wouldn't say that it cleared up my acne, but it didn't break me out either, which was great for me.

Overall, I liked the product. It covers well and it had my shade, but it's not enough product, it's expensive, and didn't clear my skin as it said. I'd repurchase if in a pinch, for sure, but I'm on the hunt for a new concealer!