3.1

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 months ago

I didn't try the first Fenty foundation because my skin is combination (leaning dry) and I heard bad things about the texture. I'm super cautious about pricy makeup but I couldn't resist trying this one! I know we've all heard it by now but I can't emphasise enough how excellent the shade range is, particularly for people of colour. It fit my complexion perfectly. I have never personally owned a foundation before that I don't have to 'work with' because it isn't quite the colour of my skin. That alone means the foundation looks a cut above everything else I have used. In terms of performance, I was a little dubious at first. I prepped my skin with a hydrating primer (not by Fenty) and while the foundation went on well, it clung to a stray dry patch on my forehead. As I went about my day, I noticed the patch was actually less visible. It wore extremely well, staying in place perfectly and making me look a bit shinier, but less in a greasy way and more in the glowy way that's so popular right now. The next day, I didn't wear any makeup but noticed my skin was noticeably shinier and more softer! Considering nothing else changed, I think the foundation was indeed hydrating. I am very pleasantly surprised by this foundation and may have finally found a favourite. : )

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Coarse

3.0

6 months ago

I have normal to slightly oily skin. NC20 in depth, with strong cool yellow undertone. Got the shade 145. The depth is spot on, but the undertone is slightly too yellow for me. PROS: 1. Lasts quite well (It's not as hydrating as I've thought, which is a good thing for my skin type though) 2. Satin finish with brilliant coverage, a little goes a long way 3. Easy to apply with fingers or sponge 4. Doesn't oxidise on the face (Do oxidise on my hands though) CONS: 1. Strongly fragranced. I suspect it's giving me redness and small bumps. 2. Looks like makeup. Not very skin like and doesn't really hide textures.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

6 months ago

So so so much better than the original! Does not seem to”oxidize” like the original. Lighter coverage, too. I find on me it works better if I don’t use moisturizer or primer. It seems finicky what is put under it

About reviewer (519 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

7 months ago

I absolutely LOVE this foundation. I was already in love with the soft matte version, even with my dry skin, so this version just makes a good thing a great thing for me! I get great coverage, it's not glowy, more dewy and it stays put! It does not accentuate my lines or dry areas and it does not oxidize. I really like the tube packaging as well. This is a HG foundation in my books. Rihanna does it again!

About reviewer (300 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

1.0

7 months ago

Horrible foundation :( I was so excited to try this. I wish I had kept my receipt so I could try returning it... what a waste of money! This foundation is thick, hard to blend and clings to any texture or dry patches you might have. It looks cakey and awful! Honestly I think any drug store foundation is better than this. I have combination skin which is sometimes oily sometimes dry, so I thought this would be good to use for when my skin is dry. On a good skin day this clung to flaky patches I didn’t even know I had..yet at the same time it makes your face look really greasy! Just awful

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

2.0

7 months ago

I was really excited when she released this foundation. I have normal skin but flaky and dry in the winter. My problems are pores and flakiness. The shade range is amazing as we all know from the Fenty line. I just did not enjoy this foundation. It emphasized texture like no other. I used this in conjunction with her concealer and my under eye looked dry af. I didn’t know if it was the foundation or concealer but frustrated, I returned both. I applied with a sponge so I know for a fact it wasn’t my application technique causing the finish to be disturbed. I prefer her MATTE foundation over this one any day and that says something..

About reviewer (237 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

1.0

7 months ago

I have combo skin, and I know this foundation is targeted towards dry skin. However, I do not see how this foundation can look good on dry skin. I have many areas on my face that are dry. This foundation looked HORRIBLE in those areas. It accentuated my dry patches, made my pores looked huge, and just not flattering in general. I paired this foundation with the Fenty beauty oil-controlling primer, thinking it might be the best combo for my skin....I WAS SO WRONG. The dry areas of my face looked cracked and flaky, and the oily parts of my face looked shiny like a disco ball by 2 hours of wear. I returned the foundation the day after. Stay clear from this foundation. Not worth money!

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

7 months ago

I have combo (oily/normal) skin so I doubt this was made exactly for my skin type. But it's a really a lovely foundation in many ways. 100 was a great match for me and I usually struggle with finding one because most lines refuse to acknowledge very pale and very dark skintones. So it's very satisfying that Fenty caters to these markets. This foundation looks so beautiful and totally undetectable on my skin, it also felt awesome and light though it covered well. It never got that cakey filmy separated look most foundations can get, especially the cheaper ones. Because I'm somewhat oily it gets progressively shinier with wear time but it's not a greasy shiny look, it's a beautiful glow... But definitely not long wearing for me. I'd repurchase but this is not my everyday go to because I'm more comfortable at work or running errands in something less glowy but when I feel like having that glow this is what I reach for. Honestly this makes me wish I had dry skin and could use this as a day to day go to....the undetectable look, color match and feel are all so amazing.

About reviewer (61 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

7 months ago

Finish: Natural. Neither too dewy or too matte. Coverage: Medium, possibly buildable to high. Longevity: Fades and separates after 6 hours. Pros: - Initially looks great with the finish and coverage - No oxidizing Cons: -Looks bad after 6 hours when the foundation starts getting patchy. Fades too, so it won't cover your problem areas for the whole day. - Feels uncomfortably heavy and greasy on the skin. I tried this for a full 8 hour work day and was initially impressed by the coverage and finish. I also liked that it didn't oxidize and change colors on me the way that pro filtr matte did on me. However, upon initial application as well as throughout the day, it constantly felt like I was wearing heavy makeup and was uncomfortable. Although I set it with powder, it still felt greasy and tacky to the touch. However, it doesn't LOOK greasy on your face, it just feels like it. The finish is a nice natural one. I have other high coverage foundations (Estee Lauder stay in place) that still feels wearable even with the coverage so I know this can be done but this unfortunately wasn't the case for this foundation. After about 6 hours, I could really see the foundation start to fade and separate so that it looked patchy and textured on my skin. I have dry skin so I can't imagine what it would do on oily skin. Looks nice initially but don't wear it if you're planning on being out long because it does not look great at the end of the day.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Other

EyesBlack

8 months ago

Hello new favorite foundation! If you have drier skin type and had no luck with Fenty Beauty's original "Soft Matte" foundation, this could be the one for you. There are a lot of similarities between the two (price, amount of product, adjustable coverage), yet this new formula performs even better on someone, who craves more hydration and enjoys that natural, semi-glowy finish. You can easily sheer this puppy out or add more layers; this product builds beautifully. It does get more dewy as the day goes by, but that's nothing a blotting paper/loose powder won't fix. The longevity is incredible! 8+ hours and it still looks fab (no creasing, no blotches). I share more details about the product in a separate review here, for those of you interested (https://www.nayatilly.com/single-post/2019/08/19/Pro-Filtr-Hydrating-Longwear-Foundation-Hydrating-Primer-Review), hope it helps!

About reviewer (557 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral