Almay Almay Bright Eyes Mascara

3.1

I was excited to try the Sapphire (blue) shade, but find that it only looks blue in sunlight and otherwise looks like a soft black mascara. This is fine by me because I didn't want to end up looking like 1987. I find it doesn't build too well and it can look a bit spidery after applying a couple coats (which can really lead to little flecks of glitter to fall below your eyes, I find this happens after 4 hours of wear). Good idea in theory just not that great a product. The Almay One Coat Thickening and Get Up and Grow are both awesome though - both are all time favourites of mine!

on 9/18/2010 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I tried this mascara after not having my eyelash extensions refilled. I found this product very disappointing. It flaked onto my face throughout the day and fell into my eyes, making it itchy and red. I found that you cannot use too many layers as it clumps quite easily after about 2 layers. It looks like it makes the lashes thicker but not longer. I got the purple version but it's not very purple. It doesn't make any difference on, more like a black mascara with a hint of very dark indigo. It was very expensive ($20AUD) for a product that didn't do much.

To Read all 180 Reviews, Login or Join

on 11/22/2008 7:43:00 PM

The main problem I had with this mascara is that it would actually flake off in my eye. I would feel irritation during the day, and look in the mirror to find little black flakes in my eyes. Painful.

This was my first ever mascara hehe :P. I was probably about twelve.
...That should say something. This mascara does pretty much nothing. If you're looking for a 'natural' look, or if you're a pre-teen, check it out.

This mascara just doesn't do much at all. I got it in both blue and green. I liked the green b/c at the time when I got it no one else was really doing the colored mascara thing. It barely makes any difference on the lashes though besides the color.

on 12/24/2007 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Great for 6th graders, that's about it.

on 12/22/2007 11:28:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I got this a biglots for a couple bucks and loved it. Its supposed to be blue black but it just looks blue. But I really like it. Looks great with my brown skin. I dont know about brightning my eyes, but I think what they meant was that it would make your eyes pop. Which it does do. Im sure biglots everywhere carrys it.

on 10/20/2007 4:56:00 AM

As an everyday mascara, this one works well for me. It went on smoothly w/o clumps and never smeared. The lengthening and volumizing was just right and I loved the darkening effect the mascara produced. For a $2 mascara, it is not bad at all.

on 7/28/2007 8:41:00 PM

I tried this product and was extremely disappointed with it. For Almay, this was their third strike with me and I will never buy another Almay product again. The mascara didn't do anything for me - no colour, no thickening, no lengthening. I am not sure why they thought this product should be on the market.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i guess i'm the odd ball of the group because i love this mascara! like a lot of other ladies i found it at big lots for very cheap. i'm always on the hunt for blue mascara because i have very pale skin and anything too black just looks obviously fake and trampy. anyway, i applied this mascara the way the directions specifically say to and it really lifted my lashes! i wouldn't say it made my eyes brighter...but it definitely makes my lashes more voluminous and long. it took a couple tries to get a hang of the unique wand, but once i did i LOVED it. i went back and bought two more tubes!!