Mary Kay Moisture Rich Mask Formula 1

4.3

on 1/20/2016 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

The Mary Kay Moisture Rich Mask Formula 1 "the pink mask" is my all-time favorite mask. I've used it for 30 years. It's especially good and effective for normal, dry, combo-dry, or mature skin, but I think it would be effective yet gentle on all skin types. I leave it on for 30-60 minutes. Oily skins could alternate this with a stronger drawing mask such as the MK Formula 2 "the green mask". It's so important to use a mask regularly, once or twice a week, or maybe every other day for a week or two if just starting out.

I love, love this mask. I have sensitive, dry and mature skin. I used to sell Mary Kay products in the 90's and used this mask then. Well, I promptly forgot about it and went on with my life. About a month ago, my skin needed something so badly to refresh it. Everything burns my skin now that I am older and especially a scrub! I had ordered previously a basic skin care set from Mary Kay: cleanser, moisturizer, toner and mask (which is a moisturizer and scrub as well.)
I carefully applied this on a clean face (face must be clean!) and waited just about one minute. I think the directions asks for more time, but that is not for me.
I softly used some light, circular motions and removed with a warm wash cloth. Voila! No burning! My skin looked so much better, and now I am using this twice a week. So nice to find my old friend again after all this time. I ordered more of the mask on line and will keep this treatment up. Actually, Mary Kay basic skin care is an old, but very reliable product.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/21/2012 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! It moisturizes your skin! This is great for dry skin, I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin, it can feel very heavy. It does not clog your pores though. It doesn't clean your makeup either, I only use it on "clean skin" meaning no makeup or sunscreen. I usually use it in the morning.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

this always clears up my complexion right away! Light,moisturizing,doesn't leave n e residue and very easy to remove i luv this stuff

on 1/2/2009 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I luv using this mask when my skin gets feeling dry.After putting it on and taking it off 10min later my skin feels super soft and clean,I never feel any kind of greasy residue either. This is my HG mask in the fall/winter months for my skin!=)

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My favorite mask for my sens/dry/reactive skin! Use it faithfully once a week, (2x in the summer). It is both a moisturizing treatment and an exfoliator, once you wet it and massage in gently. Anything pink is always fun!! Feels very soothing on, although I have never left it longer than 10 min. Will continue to repurchase as long as they make it.

on 1/3/2006 4:56:00 AM

i have combo oily skin so this would seeem inappropriate for my skin type. However, now and then i do like to boost up my hydration a bit, so i apply a moisture mask. this is the really the first hydrating mask i have ever tried - and i quite like it. the pink colour is really cute, and i like the fact that it has exfoliating particles in it. furthermore, the consistency is nice and creamy and thick - so you can walk around the house doing other things, while waiting for this to dry. However, i wont repurchase because there are probably better moisturising masks out there.

on 1/11/2005 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Nice for a mask or an exfoliator in the shower

I have drier skin in the winter and this works great

I use this one and mask #2

on 10/20/2004 10:06:00 PM

I have combination skin but when the heat comes on I start to molt and would describe my skin as dry/very dry. The MK moisture rich mask is a lifesaver. It is like intensive care for your face. After I rinse this mask off my face feels very soft and clean but never greasy. This and the MK Satin Lips gets me through the winter looking my best.

on 8/5/2004 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have tried many skincare products, but Mary Kay is by far the worst. My face began to break out and I eventually had to go to the dermatologist to get rid of the rash it left. I would never buy any Mary Kay product again.

Popular Masks