4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

4 days ago

Bought 2 colours: hustle in heels and Make it happen to replace my favourite Revlon matte balm. The colours are so nice and flattering. The texture is smooth that it slides on easily while is still considerable long lasting. I love the pencil/crayon design as it is more precise than the traditional bullet.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium

20 days ago

I bought #30 Seek Adventure, a midtone pink, not too dark or cool. I am not a fan of scent in products, but this has a very pleasant vanilla cookie scent. It's not drying, though I wear it over lip balm. Creamy so it settles into lip lines and though it doesn't last long, leaves a bit of stain. A good item for travel.

About reviewer (732 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

2 months ago

Ok, for years & years, I have tried pretty well every lip stain, & ink on the market, most were very drying, at 63 years old now, last thing I need is old dried up lips....well, bought SUPERSTAY INK CRAYON LIPSTICK, MATTE LONGWEAR LIPSTICK MAKEUP by MAYBELLINE, as the colours they offer are spot on! Consistently is fabulous, NO more dry lips! Can be used as a lip liner or full lip coverage, NO bleeding, STAYS PUT! So this is the BEST that I’ve tried!!! And believe me I have tried them all!!! You can use this as a base and put gloss on top, but then you do have to touch up your gloss, and you won’t get the 8+ hours wear that you would get if using this alone. Definitely another win/win for me! So Happy! And the colours are absolutely your lips but better! I bought #25 (stay Exceptional) which is my lips but better colour, and #30 (seek Adventure) a little brighter both are FABULOUS!

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 months ago

I have this in the color *Hustle in Heels* which comes off as a medium bright coral on my lips. This is very pigmented. Consistency is smooth and creamy and glides on easily without dragging on lips. It's supposed to be matte but it looks more like a satin finish than a true matte. The color I have shows up as full coverage on me but I don't have very pigmented lips so there's that. It feels moisturizing on lips unlike many matte lipsticks and doesn't leave my lips dry and chapped. I love the retractable pencil/crayon container as it allows me to draw precise lines and even use it as a lip liner. I took off a lippie because it doesn't last 8 hours on me as the claim suggests. More like 4-5 hours without eating and drinking. It transfers some on my water bottle and coffee cup, each time removing more of the color. Also when I tried using the sharpener that comes on the bottom of the pencil, it broke the tip off. Maybe I'm just not using it correctly but I probably won't use it again. I would love to try the other shades they have though. It's pretty expensive for a drugstore brand but I think it was worth it.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

2 months ago

I have this in "lead the way" and I absolutely love it. The smell is a lovely vanilla, wished it lasted longer, haha! Because this lipstick is so thin, I can use this as a lip liner too and apply with precision. Doesn't dry out my lips too!

About reviewer (199 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

3 months ago

I have this in Treat Yourself and it's a beautiful pinky red color with blue undertones that really lights up my fair cool complexion. The price is up there but drug store makeup is going up and up and up. If you get it at Walmart or Target and use Maybelline coupons you find in the Sunday paper you can keep the price down. The formula is slightly drying so I always top this product with a clear gloss. The staying power is pretty good. I re-apply my lipsticks and glosses all day long so I don't expect ANY lip product to last all day without touchups. I like Maybelline products and think most of them are comparable to department store products and half the price. I would buy this again.

About reviewer (284 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

3.0

6 months ago

I have three of these lippies (45, 50, and 60). They smell nice but not overpowering, they are nicely pigmented and give me a nice matte finish, but I had to subtract a couple of points for three reasons: first, the cost. These are a few coins shy of ten dollars at CVS. Second, you only get 1.2 grams for that amount of money. I bought a NYX Suede lipstick at CVS which is almost half the price, and you get 3.5 grams, for essentially the quality and look. Plus NYX has more colors. Finally, they are not really long-wearing as the name claims. Once you eat something, you definitely have to reapply. These are nice to have, but without coupons and sales, I'd rather have two more Nyx lipsticks than one of these. Sharpener or no.

About reviewer (3509 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

6 months ago

So far loving it watched various makeup videos and swatches online for 2 weeks before I decided to buy. Depending on lighting the color of might look a little different on your own skin than in pictures. I chose Enjoy the View a nice brownish coral / terracotta that lasted more than a few hours. My favorite has to be Lead the Way a nude pinkish brown. Seek adventure seems to be disappointing it looks like a cheap dollar crayon. Basic pink. I could use it as a mix color but there's nothing special about it. Upon opening I noticed a sweet candy like scent that went away once it was on my lips. Goes on smoothly and there is a sharpener at the end. Hope Maybelline keeps this as this is the lip pencil/crayon I've been waiting for.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Fine

EyesOther

from

7 months ago

I purchased this in Lead the Way and Accept a Dare....these are both very well pigmented and go on very smoothly. They are matte and after application I did notice that they turn a shade darker than when applied. Lead the Way is a very nice neutral, that works great for my very fair complexion..just gives a nice soft color to my lips...the Accept a Dare is a little more adventurous than I am, but my daughter loved it. It is a very nice bright berry red color on her. This crayon applies great, stays on for hours and does not transfer at all after application. I am very impressed with these. I did take off one star as they can be a little drying for mature lips, but I think that's just the norm for matte lipsticks and me?

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair