OPI Malaga Wine

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
OPI Malaga Wine

4.4

on 7/17/2013 9:15:00 PM

I was obsessed with finding the best red nail polish out there and I can honestly say that I think this is it.

After trying loads of different brands, shades, finishes, etc., I found that OPI Malaga Wine is red perfection. Looks amazing on my nails, I can't stop staring at it whenever I wear it.

This is a darker red but it doesn't quite cross over into vampy territory. Dries to a creamy, shiny finish and as always with OPI no problems with application or wear.

It's sexy and classic and hands-down my favorite red polish of all time. LOVE!!

on 4/14/2013 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

There is a reason that this polish is so popular and one of opis longest selling polishes, I believe it was from the original opi nail laquer launch of 1989! Anyway! It is an absolutely gorgeous colour! One of my all time favourites and at a tie with big apple red for my favourite red of all time! (I just can't choose between the 2 :p) this is a blood red cream that is dark, but nowhere near dark enough that it could be mistaken for black. It is the perfect dark red, particularly for fall and winter although I wear it all year round :) I wore it last Halloween and received many compliments :) application is amazingly smooth and consistent.. It wears very well (about a week with top and base coat) and it doesn't stain your nails! A perfect blood red creme! It is so super glossy and classy! Would highly recommend that everyone give it a try as I think this would suit most skin tones :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is one of my favorite vampy reds. I do 3 coats to get the color of the bottle. If you do just 2 coats, it is more of a medium red with plum tones. Very pretty and it is appropriate for all seasons and for work. The color is nice and opague w/ 2 coats.

on 10/14/2010 10:53:00 PM

I love this deep red! I usually have my nails painted red, but I needed something darker for the fall and winter. This is perfect on my olive skin tone. I use two coats to make the color more of a vampy sexy look. It matches all outfits.

on 7/5/2010 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Malaga Wine is a gorgeous deep red creme with blue undertone color. This color is similar to Got The Blue For Red but with less blue tone. The color is so warm and gorgeous and I find it's a lovely winter color. Right now my nails are short and I think it's suitable for short nails.
I am surprised this color can be overlooked. From the bottle, it just look like a normal red color but once you put it on, if you like deep red, it's a perfect choice. I will find 3 coats will definitely bring out the depth of this color and will definitely put 3 coats next time.

if u don't like looking as though u are wearing blood on ur nails then don't get this! i was after a darker red and was made to believe this was the right colour, alas, it was not. no matter how much i layer it, i still won't achieve the desired colour. this is not a cheap product either. sigh sigh.

on 2/25/2008 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is quickly becoming my all-time favorite red. It's not very wine-y on my olive skin, but it is gorgeous and can be worn year-round. I think it would look good on everyone--this might sound weird but I think it "warms up" the skin on my hands, or makes me seem more tan than I am right now. It lasts long (usually about a week depending on what you do--mine lasts through dishes and even a dogbath :)) and the new brush is great.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

.A really pretty creme/matte red, dark, ALMOST plummy (like the inside of a plum anyway). Needs a couple of coats of course, but its nice with a top coat.
0.5 fl oz