OPI Malaga Wine

Filtered by eye Color : Green
OPI Malaga Wine

4.8

Fantastic berry red, such a flattering colour! Glossy and opaque after applying two coats. No streaking.

on 10/13/2017 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I am an artist and looking at my fingers this looks almost exactly like Quinacridone Magenta (oil paint) in the tube. A very deep rich magenta red. I don't think it's a color that photographs well but it dries exactly the color in the bottle. This is a color that feels like "boss bitch" in a don't mess-with-me kind of way. Dominatrix Red.

I found this polish really easy to work with. I was able to manipulate the polish on the nail for more strokes than usual. And for me I had almost perfect coverage in a single coat. It's a classic creme formula it wasn't super shiny on it's own so I put a top coat on and it's immaculate.

on 10/9/2017 7:37:00 PM

Fabulous color for fall. A really deep wine-red almost burgundy. I read on here a while ago that Princess Di wore this polish.. so of course I had to try it, & im obsessed with this color. My daughter said it looks like I painted my nails with blood haha. Opi polish has the best formula, hands down.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Elegant and sensual and just lovely for fall and winter.

on 5/6/2015 8:51:00 AM

This is such a beautiful colour: cream deep red with a hint of berry. I love all shades of red, so I am a big fan.

I marked it down slightly because I found the formula I little more difficult to work with than most of other OPIs I own. Difficult to get around the edges, so ended up quite messy around cuticles.

on 5/2/2015 2:57:00 PM

Can't believe I've never stumbled across this gem before. Dark blue-red wine colored and perfect non-streaky and even application. Looks even better on than in the bottle, one of the best reds I've ever seen. Really fantastic in all regards. Trust the raves here and look for this one - it's so perfect.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm on probably my fourth bottle of this stuff. Favorite nail polish of all time. Dark vampy red that goes on opaque in two coats. Perfect dark red nail polish.

I am obsessed with this color. I have such a hard time finding a red that is flattering on my skin tone. I'm around NW20, probably a little paler this time of year. One thing I find that can be really frustrating with reds is how different they can look depending on the light. Malaga Wine is so gorgeous in any light! It's not too blue but it's not a screaming bright red either. Depending on the light it can have more of a cherry red appearance, or a vampy crimson tint. The only thing with OPI polishes is that the brushes can make for a slightly messy application, I feel like the brush is a bit clumsy. The consistency of this polish was perfect- not too thin or goopy thick and I only needed two coats for the color to look even. I did add a third coat though for a deeper red hue. This is such a classic elegant red. highly recommended!

on 2/2/2013 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love red nail polishes and have lots of them. I really couldn't miss this iconic shade of OPI.
After the first coat I was a bit disappointed, it was too magenta-red. Reminded me of ''Cherries in the snow'' lipstick by Revlon. After the second coat you get a definite cool toned red and very glossy. Of course the OPI formula and brush are flawless as always.

Overall, this shade is lovely. But I don't consider it deep or vampy. (My favorite neutral deep classic red with creamy finish is ''Fishnet Stockings'' by Essie and I usually don't even like Essie's polishes)
Malaga Vine is too fun, cool and glossy to be consider vampy IMHO but I like it anyway, it's my spring/ summer red!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

That's a very nice, interesting nail polish. The finish is a creme with something jelly-like to it.
The color changes a lot according to the skin tone: against my very fair, cool toned skin (NC10/15), it looks like an amazing blood red, with only the really slightest hint of blue. However, on my mother, who had a tan and should be around a NW25 when she borrowed it from me, it looked more like a wine red, with lots of blue in it, more like what you see in the bottle, but still very pretty. As well as that, I had a "problem" which didn't happen to her:
While I can say "Malaga Wine"is one of the prettiest nail polishes I own, it has a small issue: it's only red in natural light. Indoors it very often turns into either a very dark maroon or a very, very dark plum color, which I think that looks somewhat dull.
The quality is great, though. Easy and pleasant to apply, easy to clean, 't stain my nails or bubble and doesn't chip very easily. It's damn shiny, too. 2 coats are enough to make it look good.
I would surely buy it again. It's my second favorite nail polish (right after Essie's Fishnet Stockings), and the only reason why it's not the very favorite is those huge changes in color.

Popular Polishes