OPI Malaga Wine

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
OPI Malaga Wine

4.4

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

Applies like a dream, chips like a nightmare! Maybe it’s just my bottle but every single combination of base coat, top coat, thinness or thickness of application, waiting for coats to dry in between, etc. has resulted in major chipping in less than 24 hours. Beautiful color but the frustration is just not worth a repurchase.

on 1/29/2017 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

A nice, very deep shade of wine red. Nice cream finish, very flattering on many skin tones. One lippie off as it doesn't wear that well on the edges compared to other shades, and will stain your skin very easily. Was easy to remove from my acrylics.

Not sure I can contribute anything original here; all the reviews sum it up and then some. This is a stunner, IMHO, and I'd definitely buy it again. So flattering, vibrant, smart-looking & sophisticated-just a gorgeous ruby red to me-and a cold weather one at that. Despite it's cool undertone, I agree that it would probably look great on just about any skin tone out there. Try it if you haven't!

on 5/11/2014 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The very very best red out there. Looks good on everyone. The only nail polish I have bought over and over again. I think I read somewhere that Princess Di used to wear this sometimes.

on 12/16/2013 10:29:00 PM

This looks darker in the bottle than it applies. I love how it looks on my nails in artificial light/low light situations, but in the sun it looks very tomato red on me, instead of the darker oxblood that I was hoping for. I will be demoting this one to a pedi shade, but it may end up in my swap pile.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

This polish has the depth of colour like a jelly, but also the smooth, opaque characteristics of a creme. I'm going to call it crelly (you could also call it a creme; the finish is pretty much that).

This polish is red in the way that wine is red, that is, it's richly medium-dark and leans just a little magenta-purple. This is especially visible on the first coat, which is typically streaky and thin (the plummy-purpley edge is very apparent, though). By the second coat, I have acceptable opacity, and a deeper, more red-wine colour.

This has a lovely, smooth formula and good application. Can be a little stainy; be sure to use a good base coat.

I have to admit, I have a long love affair with juicy, plummy, wine red nail polishes. This one is one of the best I've worn, and I'd certainly buy it again. Yum. :)

on 6/3/2013 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I just tried this product and I love it! I have a hard time buying red nail polishes, because they usually look too pink for my taste, so it was nice to find a red that was actually red! It's not too dark or too light, it's a nice cherry-color red. The bottle was a good price and works well so I plan on rebuying it whenever it is that I need it.

on 7/1/2012 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Very nice red that appears dark in bottle but lightens up a bit after application. I love it. Blood red. Two coats is perfect.

When I am craving a dark crimson red, this is it. It's beautiful, it lasts a long time on the nail and it isn't too purple.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful red color. Goes well with my semi-translucent pale skin tone, which doesn't pull off many reds without looking "cheap". This is my HG nail color, because if I find similar DS brands in similar tones, they tend to be temporary. Love this color!

Popular Polishes